Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What a joke....

Options
  • 16-01-2018 6:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,230 ✭✭✭

What truly appalling customer service. I am amazed that you remain in business. My parents live in a rural area and consequently have no mobile reception. My father has a medical condition so they are reliant on their Eir landline. They have been without service now for almost a week. The issue was raised online twice and was discussed with three separate subwitted customer service reps on live chat who couldn't understand what was being communicated. I, in turn, contacted Tracey from the Eir forum on Boards by PM on 12/01 to report the issue and not only has the issue not been dealt with, the PM was actually ignored. What an awful company!

Comments

Merkin wrote: »
    What truly appalling customer service. I am amazed that you remain in business. My parents live in a rural area and consequently have no mobile reception. My father has a medical condition so they are reliant on their Eir landline. They have been without service now for almost a week. The issue was raised online twice and was discussed with three separate subwitted customer service reps on live chat who couldn't understand what was being communicated. I, in turn, contacted Tracy from the Eir forum on Boards by PM on 12/01 to report the issue and not only has the issue not been dealt with, the PM was actually ignored. What an awful company!
    don't bother trying to ring them or use their online chat service either! They are diabolical. Get a different provider NOW

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭eir: Thomas

What truly appalling customer service. I am amazed that you remain in business. My parents live in a rural area and consequently have no mobile reception. My father has a medical condition so they are reliant on their Eir landline. They have been without service now for almost a week. The issue was raised online twice and was discussed with three separate subwitted customer service reps on live chat who couldn't understand what was being communicated. I, in turn, contacted Tracey from the Eir forum on Boards by PM on 12/01 to report the issue and not only has the issue not been dealt with, the PM was actually ignored. What an awful company!
    Hi Merkin,

I'm very sorry to hear about the issues you've been having and I apologize for any inconvenience caused.

Are you named as having access to your parent's account?

If so please feel free to PM me your full name and account number, I would be happy to look into this for you.

Thanks

Thomas

• Registered Users Posts: 8,230 ✭✭✭Merkin

Are you being deliberately obstructive? Of course I'm not named as having access to my parents account..... just like they're not named on my Virgin (which has great customer service incidentally) account.

Are you basically telling me that you're unwilling to help me if this is the case?

Are you being deliberately obstructive? Of course I'm not named as having access to my parents account..... just like they're not named on my Virgin (which has great customer service incidentally) account.

Are you basically telling me that you're unwilling to help me if this is the case?
    For data protection purposes we would need to speak with the account holder or a person named as having access on the account.

Once again, I apologize for any inconvenience caused.

Thanks

Thomas.

Apology is not accepted because it's disingenuous. If you or your organisation were genuinely sorry you'd be keen to make reparations and come up with a workable solution or an alternative.

Let's try again shall we and I will take the initiative here. Are you or one of your representatives actually going to contact one of the named account holders with a view to sorting this out? It will have to be by email obviously because THEY HAVE NO WORKING PHONE.

It's been over a week..... we are in a developed country, it should not have to be quite so difficult.

• Advertisement

Apology is not accepted because it's disingenuous. If you or your organisation were genuinely sorry you'd be keen to make reparations and come up with a workable solution or an alternative.

Let's try again shall we and I will take the initiative here. Are you or one of your representatives actually going to contact one of the named account holders with a view to sorting this out? It will have to be by email obviously because THEY HAVE NO WORKING PHONE.

It's been over a week..... we are in a developed country, it should not have to be quite so difficult.
    Unfortunately, there is no other option other than speaking with the account holder or a person named as having access on the account.

We cannot make contact with a customer unless we are contacted directly first. 

I am very sorry for the inconvenience caused.

Thanks

Thomas

ThIs just beggars belief.

How does one go about becoming a named person on an account?!

ThIs just beggars belief.

How does one go about becoming a named person on an account?!
    The account holder would have to call our customer care team on 1901 and give permission to have their name noted on the account.

Thanks

Thomas

The account holder would have to call our customer care team on 1901 and give permission to have their name noted on the account.

Thanks

Tracey

Oh there you are. I thought you might have emigrated given your lack of response.

And how do you propose they call when their Eir landline has been down for over a week?

I await an alternative suggestion. I should not have to spoon feed you all like this.

Please provide me with the name and contact details of your line manager immediately while you're at it.

• Registered Users Posts: 409 ✭✭pmce4

how about if the op's parent, raises a new thread asking for help and (cough cough) a parent who is named on the account gives their details on a PM.

• Advertisement

Thanks

Tracey

Oh there you are. I thought you might have emigrated given your lack of response.

And how do you propose they call when their Eir landline has been down for over a week?

I await an alternative suggestion. I should not have to spoon feed you all like this.

Please provide me with the name and contact details of your line manager immediately while you're at it.
    I have been in touch with Tracey and she has advised me that an attempt to contact you through PM was made but your inbox was full, so the message could not go through. 

I would advise you to call our customer care team on 1901 to proceed with this query. 

Thanks

Tracey

Advertisement