Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Renault Car Key Repair

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,158 ✭✭✭loki7777

Not that cheap.I think in Ireland you are talking about €70+.Check adverts.ie

• Thanks Loki. looks like the company in the link can do it by post and accept internationally.

(Just noticed that first of all "simply purchase our product", I'm guessing thats the return envelope and not the actual key in the first place?).

I'll check out adverts.ie.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,265 ✭✭✭naughtysmurf

https://www.kcsystems.ie/services/car-key-remote-repair/

Used this crowd in Cork a few years ago, keycard still working, very neat job, you can post it down, they'll post it back to you

• Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭EPAndlee

loki7777 wrote: »
    Not that cheap.I think in Ireland you are talking about €70+.Check adverts.ie

A replacement key is about 250 from the main dealer. Always tell customers to get their key fixed.

Have used Autokey and Lockdoctor in the past. Found both services to be good

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,872 ✭✭✭ozmo

Hi all

Anyone know where locally I can get a Renault Car Key Repaired? Or has anyone used a postal service?

This type. Thanks.

https://www.themasterlocksmith.com/product/renault-key-card-repair-service/

Is it just a battery that needs changing maybe?
    Dealz sell batteries that suit many car fobs - several in a multipack for 1:50c

“Roll it back”

• Advertisement

• ozmo wrote: »
    Is it just a battery that needs changing maybe?
    Dealz sell batteries that suit many car fobs - several in a multipack for 1:50c

Thanks for that, its reading "Card Not Detected". Maybe it could be the battery?

• "Looking" good in Adverts.ie €40.

https://www.adverts.ie/interiors-parts/renault-card-key/14556804?task=addToWatchList

errr...edit: also says: Programming.

"You will need to have this key programmed by a local automotive locksmith. I know a man that charge €50 for programming in Dublin".

So thats up to €90 after buying it and then getting it to Dublin.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,265 ✭✭✭naughtysmurf

Thanks for that, its reading "Card Not Detected". Maybe it could be the battery?

No, card not detected will require a repair, there are YouTube videos if you're handy with a soldering iron & scalpel, if not just get it repaired, the crowd I linked are very good, think the turnaround time was four days from memory

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,872 ✭✭✭ozmo

I'd say its either the batterys gone - or more likely the battery holder has come loose inside.

My key fob (different car but similar) broke loose also - was an easy fix to solder the battery tabs back on - hardest bit looks like it might be figuring out how to open your fob without damaging the plastic case.

“Roll it back”

• Registered Users Posts: 1,158 ✭✭✭loki7777

It's not battery it's coil problem - won't be easy home fix. I opened one remote and made it worst-i cut the coil with knife when opening case.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭dk1979

Had this exact same problem with my Megane - One day when I sat in, got a 'Card not Detected' error.

Easily repaired in the end after a bit of googling. I used a company in London who did a great job. Cost me £30.00 GBP plus £7.50 for return postage back in 2014. Not sure how much now.

Have used them again recently for a key that got smashed in a door. Both times excellent service and not too expensive.

Link to their page here: https://www.keyfobrepair.co.uk/

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Corkdaycent

Keyfast I Blackpool you can’t go wrong with them

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,155 ✭✭✭shanec1928

Keyfast I Blackpool you can’t go wrong with them

Thanks keyfast

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭boxty

I've got the keycard not detected before and it's always just a case of replacing the battery. As suggested by another poster multipacks of button cell batteries in dealz for 1.50. Try that first.

Advertisement