Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for an EPOS system for the food to go industry compatible with android

• 16-01-2018 7:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 446 ✭✭

Hi everyone. Need some advice.... What is the best electronic point of sale software out there for the food to go industry delivering daily to shops etc etc. Standing orders, returns ,email invoicing, thermal printing invoicing,Cash sales, Inventory etc etc

Up to 100 accounts needed on 2 or 3 rounds

With so many different options (like Nobly or vend) on a software package that uses mobile android devices and printers. where do i start. Prices ranging from 30 euro to 500/ month and a lot off free applications in between. I'm clueless when it comes to tech and on what E.P.O.S. company to look at even as i don't want to end up paying 250 a month. Anyone any advice please?

Nobly and a system from MES in the U.K. are the only 2 that are completely compatible more so Nobly due to its low price and then I read all the bad reviews.......Please help fellow board Members.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52 ✭✭DaveJoyce

pppspecial wrote: »
    Hi everyone. Need some advice.... What is the best electronic point of sale software out there for the food to go industry delivering daily to shops etc etc. Standing orders, returns ,email invoicing, thermal printing invoicing,Cash sales, Inventory etc etc

Up to 100 accounts needed on 2 or 3 rounds

With so many different options (like Nobly or vend) on a software package that uses mobile android devices and printers. where do i start. Prices ranging from 30 euro to 500/ month and a lot off free applications in between. I'm clueless when it comes to tech and on what E.P.O.S. company to look at even as i don't want to end up paying 250 a month. Anyone any advice please?

Nobly and a system from MES in the U.K. are the only 2 that are completely compatible more so Nobly due to its low price and then I read all the bad reviews.......Please help fellow board Members.

When it comes down to EPOS system you don't need to look only for Android or iPad systems. With the availability of Windows tablets you could get a simple Windows based one. This would provide you with a lot more options

If the routes you take have 3G or 4G you could look at going slowly for a web based system.

Most systems will do accounts (Invoices and Statements) and inventory control. It would be the additional options on top of this that would make them more expensive.

Before taking any system you should use the 30 trial to see if its any good. I would rule out systems that don't have the following

- 30 day free trial
    - Import\Export of Customers
    - Import\Export of Products

That way if you are unhappy after a free days on the trial you can export your data and move to the next option and import the data

Dave

Turbo Inventory ERP

Helping you sell more, more often

Advertisement