Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for a Lighting Technician in midlands (Roscrea)

Options
  • 16-01-2018 7:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10

Hi
    I am part of a drama group in a local community centre. We are having problems with the stage lights- there are four spots but it seems they are not in sync with the control board, we can not seem to isolate any of them or use any of the special effects, I don't know if its a problem with the lights/board or just us!! Basically, all we can use them for is to turn them on and off! So we are looking for someone in the "know" that might come and look at it, find the problem if there is one and perhaps show a few of us how to use the board.
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,637 ✭✭✭brightspark

Can you post a pic of the board etc.

I am in Thurles, by no means an expert but also in a drama group so know my way around a few boards.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 snowdrop24

Hi brightspark

Cheers.
    I think I've attached some images there now, thanks a mill :)

I haven't used that particular board, but from your pics the lights are directly controlled with the dmx cable

How much control do you have on the board?

Do they all operate together, fading up and down at the same time when you adjust one slider?

Each of the lights will have some switches on the back, the position of the switches will determine how they react to signals from the board.

That fade slider looks like it should be fully up, as the fade time should be instant (unless you want the lights to take a while to change)

Youtube video available.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MaUQ947a-cw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PBNNXtP7-h8&t=27s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U6sZXjVhbfM

There are further videos that might help you

Probably not the light you have but it seems a good instructional video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dJQAZsNwcv4

• Advertisement

Sent PM if you want to call me

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Jay_pee_666

Hi brightspark,

Thank you for your info so far. I've been drafted in to run the lights for this show as I have a little previous experience, but with a totally different setup.

The cans we have are Showtec LED Par 64 36x3w, which have been paired up on 1010 & 1030, these ar controlled by Sliders 5 & 10 respeectively from the board.

We aren't in need of any special effects as such for this production, but what we do need is to be able to take out the pair lighting stage right, in a, for want of a better term, solid fade/dim. At the moment, we can take the lights down but depending on how fast we moved the slider we get one of 2 results. A fast slide results in effectively a blackout on the lights. If we take a 1-3 seconds to slide the control down, we get what effectively looks like an acid trip to black and back up in reverse as the cans seem to cycle/jump through the different RGB hues.

From reading the manual on the cans, it looks as though we should be able to fade in a solid colour from white to off without the psycadelic effect.

Our biggest problem in this is that I am not familiar enough with the equipment to go messing with settings without understanding what they do, as at the moment, what we have is better than nothing.

If you have any ideas on whether we have the cans on the correct mode or what we could try, then it would be greatly appreciated.

Is this the parcan??

file:///C:/Users/Kevin/Downloads/42469_MANUAL_GB_V1%20(1).pdf

First find out the DMX channel set on each parcan (page 12) and if they are set for 4, 5, or 8 channel operation.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Jay_pee_666

Hi brightspark,

Really appreciate all the help and guidance. The manual you linked wasn't quite the correct model, but reading it gave me a direction to go. Instead of having the cans on 1010 & 1030, I changed their Mode to the 2000s, Channel 2, and they are now set at 2010 & 2030, and instead of being controlled by sliders 5 and 10 respectively, they are now controlled by sliders 6 & 11, which when faded out, brings the light down in a solid color from white to off, which was exactly what we were looking to do.

Once again, thank you.

Glad to hear its working ok for you, wishing you success with the play.

• Advertisement
Advertisement