Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WWE Wrestlemania 34 Thread (Contains Spoilers) *No Betting Talk*

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,144 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

sky88 wrote: »
    i think people are letting roman/brock main eventing again cloud what could be a great mania.

has the build perfect no i mean before last night smackdowns been a mess for months

but if you go down the list on paper its all good to possibly great matches except the us title match but could be ok if kept short

Taker/cena could be a mess if taker isnt in good shape like last year but id be confident of those two being able to put on a spectacle at least

Alexa v Nia,Triple threat match for US title. Sasha v Bayley,and the battle royal's hold zero interest for me, and ideally at least three of them will be on the pre show, but bar that it looks fine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

Rjd2 wrote: »
    Alexa v Nia,Triple threat match for US title. Sasha v Bayley,and the battle royal's hold zero interest for me, and ideally at least three of them will be on the pre show, but bar that it looks fine.

Did bayley/sasha not sasy they were in the battle royal??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,144 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

Did bayley/sasha not sasy they were in the battle royal??

Ah really? Not sure tbh.I don't mind either, but have no interest in a match between them on a show that is going to run for 12 hours. Keep it for the Raw PPV. :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,251 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

There is no Raw PPV anymore

Orton Vs Roode Vs Jinder will definitely be my piss break.

At least they put 3 of the most boring wrestlers on the roster in 1 match so we don't get them in separate matches.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,929 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Orton Vs Roode Vs Jinder will definitely be my piss break.

At least they put 3 of the most boring wrestlers on the roster in 1 match so we don't get them in separate matches.

Yeah I thought it was sound of them to do that.

I agree. I said it in the Smackdown thread that having them in the US title picture means I get through Smackdown quicker by skipping their bits

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,863 ✭✭✭Pentecost

There’s a pic doing the rounds on the Tweet machine of Marina Shafir one of the UFC four horsewomen, and Roderick Strong’s partner (or wife I forget?) at the WWE offices signing something. Jessamyn Juke has been pictured many times lately training in a PW ring and obviously Shayna Baszler is in NXT already. Could be a couple of run ins in the Ronda match maybe.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭2ndcoming

Seems to be all part of a longer term plan to inject some steel into the women's division after 20 years of fluff.

At the end of the day if a lingerie model can learn on the job these girls definitely can.

Pentecost wrote: »
    There’s a pic doing the rounds on the Tweet machine of Marina Shafir one of the UFC four horsewomen, and Roderick Strong’s partner (or wife I forget?) at the WWE offices signing something. Jessamyn Juke has been pictured many times lately training in a PW ring and obviously Shayna Baszler is in NXT already. Could be a couple of run ins in the Ronda match maybe.

I would imagine theyll be after mania for the 4 horsewomen vs 4 horsewomen match thatll happen eventually

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,216 ✭✭✭Looper007

Be interesting to see what will be put on the pre show. Definitely the Cruiserweight title match will be on the pre show. I be pretty safe in saying the Men's battle royal will be a pre show fixture once again, no big names been in it plenty of mid to lower card guys. I fully expect another match to be on the pre show as that goes on for ages. My bet is the Smackdown tag title match, New Day are a big act and the Uso's deserve a place on the main card for once, but wouldn't anyone be upset if this match was on the pre show except if you are a fan of Harper and Rowan lol.

I can't see a Orton match been on a pre show even at this point in his career, so this be on the card. I definitely can't see Braun been on the pre show either, so the Raw title match is probably on the main card. The IC match with Rollins/Balor/Miz, they'd be mad to put this on the pre show. It has potential of been a show stealer and a great opening match to get the fan's going. But my worry is the three guys aren't exactly Vince's golden boy's so it wouldn't shock me if they did cut it as the headlining match for the pre show.

The Women's battle royal, has had a lot of people talking with the whole Moolah thing and WWE talking it up as another part of the Women's revolution. Throw in you have a lot more star power in this match, with Bayley, Sasha, Becky etc. Plus Bella twins, expect a few more of the old legends to appear like they did at the Women's rumble. A few storylines to be made going forward, expect one of those groups Riott Squad or Absolution to break up during it and either Bayley or Sasha to win it and the other to turn heel.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

If the Usos didn’t get onto the main card it would be a travesty but they 100% will. They referenced it a few weeks ago on SD in their verbals with New Day as a storyline point, they’ll be on main card and rightly so. They’re doing career best work and are finally over.

Not saying they don't deserve it but the women's battle royal will be main show. Even though to me, a battle royal is nearly always preshow material.

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Not saying they don't deserve it but the women's battle royal will be main show. Even though to me, a battle royal is nearly always preshow material.

i would agree with you there but as its the 1st one maybe put it on the main show or at least last match on pre show.

unless a big return or angle is happening on a battle royal it shouldn't be on main show

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,487 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

I'd imagine that the Bailly/Banks feud will be the end focus of the women's battle royal. It will be a short enough match and probably a decent filler break between bigger matches.

Lord TSC wrote: »
    I'd imagine that the Bailly/Banks feud will be the end focus of the women's battle royal. It will be a short enough match and probably a decent filler break between bigger matches.

i think it will have a suprise winner from NXT as bayley or sasha will turn full heel in it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

I might throw a few quid on Big Cass returning to win the Andre

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,216 ✭✭✭Looper007

i think it will have a suprise winner from NXT as bayley or sasha will turn full heel in it

Shayna would be my bet if it was a NXT winner. They want to get over this 4 Horsewomen feud between Ronda's lot and WWE lot, they could start it here.

I fully expect whoever win's the battle royal between Sasha and Bayley, the winner stays face while the loser turns heel. Both need heel turns imo, I go Sasha to turn heel and Bayley to win, but it will be all about getting the heel turn over.

Looper007 wrote: »
    Shayna would be my bet if it was a NXT winner. They want to get over this 4 Horsewomen feud between Ronda's lot and WWE lot, they could start it here.

I fully expect whoever win's the battle royal between Sasha and Bayley, the winner stays face while the loser turns heel. Both need heel turns imo, I go Sasha to turn heel and Bayley to win, but it will be all about getting the heel turn over.

think shayna is going to win nxt title so i dont think theyd have her win both

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,819 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

thanks to the SSE Arena Belfast tweets we may knw the outcome of a mania match
    They tweeted this over the weekend, Finn Bálor is ready to defeat Seth Rollins – WWE to become the new Intercontinental Champion on May 10th in The SSE Arena, Belfast!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,819 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

could brauns partner be Jason Jordon ??

Big Cass would be a good shout and be an interesting tag team

Elias will prob be ruled out if he announces he's going to be in the ATG BR or something

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

PTH2009 wrote: »
    could brauns partner be Jason Jordon ??

Big Cass would be a good shout and be an interesting tag team

Elias will prob be ruled out if he announces he's going to be in the ATG BR or something

Oh God no, Charisma Vacuum Big Cass? Jason Jordan is just as bad.

Put Jack Gallagher with him. That would be interesting.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,761 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

I hope they leave Braun's partner until Mania, well unless it's someone crap like Curt Hawkins

• Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭chatticusfinch

I'd be completely fine with never seeing Big Cass or Enzo ever again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

It would be amazing if Ellsworth was to return as his partner at mania

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,761 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

ricero wrote: »
    It would be amazing if Ellsworth was to return as his partner at mania

I'd love if Braun just sees him backstage and straight up murders him as per, and just drags him out lifeless as his tag team partner

Their tag team move could be Braun using Ellsworth as a dart

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

gerrybbadd wrote: »
    Oh God no, Charisma Vacuum Big Cass? Jason Jordan is just as bad.

But Jack Gallagher with him. That would be interesting.

Jack Gallagher teaming with Strowman, I like this idea and would like to subscribe to your newsletter...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,211 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

This is hilarious, and also a little hype.

https://twitter.com/khristen/status/978697176493838336

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

On a tangent cause Infinity War trailer audio dubbed over WWE footage, but the movie arrives in Irish cinema a month today..

More excited for a movie 6 years in the making than Mania.. :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭2ndcoming

It could be interesting to see Braun announce next week the winner of the Andre battle royal will be his partner... and then enter it himself.

That way either he wins it and the right to take on the tag champions solo or someone like Elias wins and you get the how will they co-exist angle leading to a match between them at Backlash or some such.

Advertisement