Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WWE Wrestlemania 34 Thread (Contains Spoilers) *No Betting Talk*

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,819 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

As tradition the raw after mania is always a speical show and what's everyone's predictions for this year's one ??

I'm thinking returns for Big Cass, Samoa Joe and Jeff Hardy.

Bobby Lashley to return to put Brock or Cena out of action ?

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭Ali Bomaye

New Japan have the Styles vs Nakamura match from WrestleKingdom 2016 up for free on NJPW World & on their YouTube page.

Ronda Rousey one of the world's toughest women, former Olympian and UFC champ is going to be defending herself from a non wrestler whom will prob get a lot of offense in cause of who she is

I've read though it will be Angle and triple h doing almost all the work

Expecting this to be in last of the total 7 hours

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

^^PTH2009 has it nailed, Pre-show for Mania will be 2 hours, Main show 5 hours.

Next Sunday's gonna be struggle to get through..

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,993 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Lithium93_ wrote: »

Avoid alcohol till the main show starts. Gotcha :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,251 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I'm not going to have high expectations for that match. I expect it to be better than Vince/Bret and maybe Sting/HHH but with Steph and Ronda part probably completely scripted and Angle's limitations it would be better as a short match

Necrominus wrote: »
    Avoid alcohol till the main show starts. Gotcha :P

PW Boards Wrestlemania 34 drinking game starts with the main show :pac::pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,144 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

Lithium93_ wrote: »

Crowd will be to tired to boo Roman, Vince knows best.:pac:

Yeah its simply to long of a show, close to 7 hours ffs. I couldn't watch The Sopranos the greatest show ever seven hours straight, how the fook I am not going to lose the will to live watching this. :confused:

Have to pace my alcohol intake next Sunday as I have an prior engagement before mania at 7pm or so lol

Few piss breaks I'd say esp if they have a music performance in the middle, a hasbeen backstage segment, 80% of the hof introductions (although there starting to induct more stars I grew up with in the 90s/00s ), etc

Mania evening is special for us wrestling fans

Rjd2 wrote: »

Yeah its simply to long of a show, close to 7 hours ffs. I couldn't watch The Sopranos the greatest show ever seven hours straight, how the fook I am not going to lose the will to live watching this. :confused:

:eek: You've figured out Vince's evil scheme :pac:

I'll just have it open on another tab while finishing college assignments, and swap over to the tab when a match that piques my interest is about to start.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,929 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Rjd2 wrote: »

I find taking naps inbetween stuff I don’t want to watch helps haha.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭seandotcomm

It's a ridiculous length of time. I went to Mania 32 and by the time it got to the middle of the card I was bananas. I don't even remember Shane jumping off the cell and I fell asleep for Roman v HHH.

At least I had Takeover..... :/

TakeOver show lengths are just right, then again NXT only has an hour of television every week compared to RAW & Smackdown Live.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

PTH2009 wrote:
    Ronda Rousey one of the world's toughest women, former Olympian and UFC champ is going to be defending herself from a non wrestler whom will prob get a lot of offense in cause of who she is.
    Expecting this to be in last of the total 7 hours

If it is long as the last few HHH matches at Mania it'll feel like it'll last the whole 7 hours. Going by Ronda's offence they should just build to her steamrolling Stephanie with a judo throw & armbar as her offence (albeit against Absolution & the dire Dana Brooke) has looked overly choreographed & sloppy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,832 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

So what are looking at for the start time for the main show midnight?

So what are looking at for the start time for the main show midnight?

Yeah and it might last up til 4.30-5am

10pm start for pre show

Deff not staying up for the HOF, done it the year sting was inducted and felt it would never end, some guys go on for 45+mins

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,761 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

I wonder what matches will be on the preshow

The mens battle royal and Bliss vs Jax will certainly be on the pre show, one of the midcard titles will have to be and while it should be the US title the fact Orton is in that match has me thinking that would be on the main card, Braun and the raw titles will probably be main card because of Braun and it won't go 10 mins anyway

Don't know what else could be on the pre show, I'd imagine they'll open with the SD triple threat tag match since that's rumored to be a ladder match now, if it's not I could see it being shoehorned into the preshow

Would they put the crowning of a new cruiserweight champ be on the preshow though? If they do it speaks volumes for the long term vision of 205

I wonder what matches will be on the preshow

The mens battle royal and Bliss vs Jax will certainly be on the pre show, one of the midcard titles will have to be and while it should be the US title the fact Orton is in that match has me thinking that would be on the main card, Braun and the raw titles will probably be main card because of Braun and it won't go 10 mins anyway

Don't know what else could be on the pre show, I'd imagine they'll open with the SD triple threat tag match since that's rumored to be a ladder match now, if it's not I could see it being shoehorned into the preshow

Would they put the crowning of a new cruiserweight champ be on the preshow though? If they do it speaks volumes for the long term vision of 205

I'd sooner have Bliss vs Jax on main card and women's battle royale on the pre-show. Title matches and all but I get why people are saying it will probably end up on main show.

Correct about Brawn, I think that will keep the RAW match on the main card.

Pre-show (2 hours presumably):

Cruiserweights
    Andre The Giant Battle Royale
    US Title
    Womens Battle Royale

That would be my selection tbh.

Finn VS Miz VS Seth has a decent build as opposed to the thrown together feel of the US Title one. Why take title off Roode at all ffs, have it done at Mania if absolutely necessary.

This new womens battle royal won't be on the pre show, not the first one, it'll be treated like a big deal for the first year but pre show next year for sure, same as the complaints about the SD women's title match last year wasn't there uproar about that being scheduled for the pre show but got 6 mins pre main event anyway

The IC title match has a good build and would be a great match on the main card but I just see it being pre show material compared to the rest of the card in how wwe will view it, I feel they'd view Orton alone as being more main card material than the others

This new womens battle royal won't be on the pre show, not the first one, it'll be treated like a big deal for the first year but pre show next year for sure, same as the complaints about the SD women's title match last year wasn't there uproar about that being scheduled for the pre show but got 6 mins pre main event anyway

The IC title match has a good build and would be a great match on the main card but I just see it being pre show material compared to the rest of the card in how wwe will view it, I feel they'd view Orton alone as being more main card material than the others

I'll go out on a limb here and say the U.S Championship match will be the curtain jerker after the national anthem.. I'm still trying to figure out why Bobby Roode was beaten and the Championship taken off him..

Intercontinental Championship will probably go on before the main championship matches..

• Advertisement

I'm not saying I disagree (apart from IC Title) but just what I would put on pre show.

For me, Title trumps Battle Royale and Jax/Bliss has an ok build. Have heard bollocks all about the women's battle royale since the Moolah controversy so that makes me think it'll wind up on the pre-show but I won't be surprised to see it on the main card either.

As for Orton... if he could just simply fcuk off I'd be much happier. No interest in him for about 5 years at this point. But I know what you're sayin re: WWE and the booking.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

I think the ic title might open the main card as theyll want something to get the crowd going with finn not looking like doing the demon gimmick i think itll be early.

Bryan will be the in between match of the champions match i think

If not for Brawn being so over at the moment that's another one I'd put on the pre-show. But unless they reveal his mystery partner tonight (doubtful), that will keep it on the main card imo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭xpletiv

nakamura vs styles surely has to be main event after the RR?? And surely WWE title > Universal title?

So bpth battle royals and the cruiserweight match confirmed on the pre show fair enough but would have had us title on pre myself

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭xpletiv

GDI Angle just said that Brock Reigns is main event at mania. WTF...

xpletiv wrote: »
    nakamura vs styles surely has to be main event after the RR?? And surely WWE title > Universal title?

It will be below Rousey and the Helmsleys I’d be betting

People’s main event but it’ll be lucky to even get 3rd billing

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,929 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Harsh for the cruiserweights all this build to be in the same spot as last year.

with the confirmed pre show matches ive been trying to think how they will lay the show out but honestly im not sure how they will do it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 758 ✭✭✭Somedaythefire

Sad the cruiserweights are in the preshow. Think they should be opening the show. The wrestling has been so good recently it would be a great way to start strong.

Advertisement