Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WWE Wrestlemania 34 Thread (Contains Spoilers) *No Betting Talk*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,851 ✭✭✭Pentecost

Omackeral wrote: »
    My missus took my work diary at the start of the year and saw I had next week booked of as leave so suprised me with a Spring break in Ibiza. If she knew the first thing about me, she'd know I book Mania week off every year and have done since WrestleMania 22! All is good though, she's paid for the whole lot with tax back and says we can watch the whole thing on the Network on our balcony with cold beers and snacks. Sounds like a plan!

Shyeah..ok.. you get there and she’ll have other ideas..and not kinky ones either.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

Can I come too Omack?

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Pentecost wrote: »
    Shyeah..ok.. you get there and she’ll have other ideas..and not kinky ones either.

Well we watched the entire Rumble PPV in a plush hotel in Belfast on a romantic long weekend away and she was marking out during the rumble match itself for ''that funny shaking Japanese guy... what's his name again? Pigeotto is it?''

• Registered Users Posts: 29,133 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

The thing about the Cruiserweights deserving the main card spot is that it's the only match with a guaranteed new champion.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,829 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

CastorTroy wrote: »
    The thing about the Cruiserweights deserving the main card spot is that it's the only match with a guaranteed new champion.

You’re forgetting the universal championship. Guaranteed new champ there. Big Dwag 3rd annual crowning ceremony.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Loughc wrote: »
    You’re forgetting the universal championship. Guaranteed new champ there. Big Dwag 3rd annual crowning ceremony.

Can we just have a New Orleans screw job instead of another Mania closing with Reigns standing tall? :pac:

A man can hope.

Well, we all know that but in the sense that, officially, going in there is only one new champ guaranteed.

• Registered Users Posts: 976 ✭✭✭supremenovice

The bookies prices suggest all the faces are going over (if you include Reigns as a face).
    One or two heels will win for sure though. I reckon Miz has a squeak of retaining.
    Alexa can go over Nia too I reckon.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

^^^ Just on the above of The Miz retaining, I can actually see him dropping the Championship to either Balor or Rollins, and he'll take a few months of due to his recently becoming a father.

The bookies prices suggest .

I don't think betting talk is allowed in here, at least not without spoiler tags.
    Maybe that was just for the Rumble

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,829 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

CastorTroy wrote: »
    I don't think betting talk is allowed in here, at least not without spoiler tags.
    Maybe that was just for the Rumble

I was a lot happier not reading the odds post here especially when there’s a betting thread we can chose to avoid.

For any casual fans dipping back in for the wrestlemania season here is a recap of the Cena taker feud.

2vdr6nt.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Like i posted on the raw thread, I'll be amazed if he doesnt turn up but i actually hope this is Undertakers way of confirming last years retirement, now i know John doesnt have a match yet but Braun needs a partner, maybe he should ask him to help him out.

Like i posted on the raw thread, I'll be amazed if he doesnt turn up but i actually hope this is Undertakers way of confirming last years retirement, now i know John doesnt have a match yet but Braun needs a partner, maybe he should ask him to help him out.

I have no doubt he’ll show up but it’s only be a segment and not a match.

I have no doubt he’ll show up but it’s only be a segment and not a match.

Sure why bother turning up then, if they are going to do anything involving these two, it has to be a match and not a 5 minute segment, i hope he doesnt turn up, i think its a great way to confirm his retirement without any fuss.

Sure why bother turning up then, if they are going to do anything involving these two, it has to be a match and not a 5 minute segment, i hope he doesnt turn up, i think its a great way to confirm his retirement without any fuss.

It won’t be a 5 min segment his entrance alone will take 5 minutes.

If they were going to have a match WWE would be promoting the absolute arse out of it.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,320 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

If they were going to have a match WWE would be promoting the absolute arse out of it.

Yes, with the way it was built, I think Taker is now in the Hogan running off Mo Hassan or Rock quickly squashing Erik Rowan place, any Mania appearances would be nostalgia rather than big matches.

Ah you know what i mean, obviously his entrance is nearly longer then his matches these days, ha, i meant a 5 minute in ring segment, i know it'll probably longer then that to, i think 1 of the biggest stars ever v's the main man for the last 15 years, deserves a match, if thats not going to happen, i dont see why he would come back for anything less considering its Cena.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,454 ✭✭✭RocketRaccoon

Cena saying "dead man walking" last night and the focus he put on it leads me to think it'll be the American bad ass Taker we get on Sunday.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,390 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

I’ll be shocked if the two don’t have at least a 10-15 minute match. Could even be as short as 8 minutes if they work it like Goldberg and Lesnar last year but it’ll be a proper match I reckon, not a quick squash.

• Advertisement

Cena saying "dead man walking" last night and the focus he put on it leads me to think it'll be the American bad ass Taker we get on Sunday.

And if he does show up, which i fully expect he will, i hope it is the american badass Taker, i can see Cena cutting a promo, insulting Taker again and Bong, lights out, Kid Rock appears on stage, massive pop and out he comes, and they have a match

• Registered Users Posts: 4,454 ✭✭✭RocketRaccoon

And if he does show up, which i fully expect he will, i hope it is the american badass Taker, i can see Cena cutting a promo, insulting Taker again and Bong, lights out, Kid Rock appears on stage, massive pop and out he comes, and they have a match

I'd be perfectly happy with that

• Registered Users Posts: 38,455 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

How can a fan get a chance to do an in ring promo at mania lol ??

Could we see Taker actually come out and be interrupped by Cena ???

Could we get the match announced via a press conference/social media before the event. So cena goes a promo, taker interupts and beats him down and its not actually a match ? or taker grabs the mic and says i accept and a ref comes out

PTH2009 wrote: »
    or taker grabs the mic and says i accept

... for next year. Main event level programme for WrestleMania 35 with a year long build.

... for next year. Main event level programme for WrestleMania 35 with a year long build.

Oh i dont know, would they not be better off doing that on Raw the next night, i think the crowd on sunday would take a huge dump on them if they announced that.

I think if they do it, it has to be sunday night, Cena promo, Taker walks out, says to Cena, i hear you've been talking about me, and you want a match, well you got a match, and they go at it there and then

• Registered Users Posts: 40,004 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Another year ? You realise taker isn't getting any younger and isn't going to suddenly improve physically by next year ? He had it done right last year. He hung them up last year left it literally all in the ring. Which top brass WWE person told him how great it would be to come back one more year, I've a feeling it's the guy who talks like he's be punched in the voicebox.

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    Another year ? You realise taker isn't getting any younger and isn't going to suddenly improve physically by next year ?

eh he's dead, doesnt have an age.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,390 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    Another year ? You realise taker isn't getting any younger and isn't going to suddenly improve physically by next year ? He had it done right last year. He hung them up last year left it literally all in the ring. Which top brass WWE person told him how great it would be to come back one more year, I've a feeling it's the guy who talks like he's be punched in the voicebox.

Johnny Tonsilitis is a great man and would never do such a thing! People Power, remember?!

• Registered Users Posts: 40,004 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

eh he's dead, doesnt have an age.

Kayfabe brother.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭seandotcomm

Slightly off topic but I've been rewatching Attitude Era Raws & Smackdowns and it's awful how they've overdubbed all of Taker's American BadAss Entrances with that terrible "Your Gona Pay" theme he used in 2002 / 03

Advertisement