Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WWE Wrestlemania 34 Thread (Contains Spoilers) *No Betting Talk*

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭HandsomeBob

Fizzy drinks!?

• Registered Users Posts: 60,698 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    The UFC story ? You mean McGregor working himself into a shoot ? If it's a pro wrestling "angle" then the NYPD are in on it, which would be a first.

So you wouldn't call that a major UFC news story then?

• Registered Users Posts: 40,004 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

So you wouldn't call that a major UFC news story then?

It's a major story for the wrong reasons.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,698 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

It's a major story for the wrong reasons.

And it's still taking all the attention off WM34 and putting it on the UFC.

I'd say Vince doesn't care what the reasons are people aren't talking about the WWE on it's biggest weekend of the year.

I think people who were going to watch WM this weekend were going to watch anyway regardless of McGregor acting the bollox. Don't really understand the concept that UFC AND WWE are in competition.

• Advertisement

I think people who were going to watch WM this weekend were going to watch anyway regardless of McGregor acting the bollox. Don't really understand the concept that UFC AND WWE are in competition.

Well they are on the same tree of combat sports.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,851 ✭✭✭Pentecost

sky88 wrote: »
    happy mania weekend folks

looking forward to this ill get the junk food and fizzy drinks in today.

couldnt get the day off on monday but have invented a dentist appointment so i dont have to get up so early :pac:

You might be in need of a real one after all your fizzy drinks

Well they are on the same tree of combat sports.

Yeah but one is fiction and one is legit, and I would have thought that would have been generally accepted. I know there's an element that like both but I can't buy UFC pulling a stroke like this to significantly hurt Mania.

I've personally zero interest in MMA outside of McGregor and watch pro wrestling because I appreciate the overall art over pure combat. That's why we love the likes of Miz!

Cathy Kelley announced four entrants for the men's battle royale
    and one of them was Kurt Angle.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Someone else to take
    Kurt's place in the mixed tag match
    ?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,829 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Are you sure that wasn’t for the Greatest Royal Rumble as that doesn’t make sense to have Angle of all people double job it.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,829 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    Someone else to take
    Kurt's place in the mixed tag match
    ?
    Doubt it at this stage as they’ve heavily advertised Kurt. Wouldn’t make sense to switch with no with no new build.

Loughc wrote: »
    Are you sure that wasn’t for the Greatest Royal Rumble as that doesn’t make sense to have Angle of all people double job it.

Loughc wrote: »
    Doubt it at this stage as they’ve heavily advertised Kurt. Wouldn’t make sense to switch with no with no new build.

No disrespect to
    Kurt
    , but this is the WWE, and regardless of the advertising (*card subject to change :pac:), they'd probably pull a last minute
    bait and switch
    if they could.
    Or announce a last minute replacement at the last minute due to injury or something

I'll take off my tinfoil top-hat now :pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 18,010 ✭✭✭✭paulie21

If ye go on further in the video she states it should of been Curt Hawkins she meant to say

paulie21 wrote: »
    If ye go on further in the video she states it should of been Curt Hawkins she meant to say

More like it!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,740 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

I just cant believe Wrestlemania is on Rusev Day

What are the odds

• Registered Users Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭Ridley

paulie21 wrote: »

Face the facts!

I just cant believe Wrestlemania is on Rusev Day

What are the odds

Rusevmania

:pac:

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,463 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

First offical look at the set. Looks like the giant mask can change colours too, so that will be awesome.

1ysi36186fq01.jpg

https://twitter.com/WWE/status/982481361117196288

• Advertisement

Is it the same theme song as WM30? That’s a bit strange.

The staging is awesome as always although the font takes a bit of getting use to I rather the traditional WM logo font. But that’s a small complaint.

I was thinking for Bryan/Shane tag match it would be awesome if they have The Miz lose his intercontinental championship earlier in the night and later on come out and hit Bryan with the skull crushing finale on Bryan costing them the match without having either Bryan or Shane turn. And it continues the best underlining fued in the WWE at the moment.

Miz vs Bryan is a money feud imo, and that would be a fascinating way to start it up proper. Have Shane or Bryan draft him to SD afterwards too cause they obviously need to settle their differences.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,133 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

For anyone worried if they have enough junk to get through the whole of the show, I may have a solution.

Apologies if too large but just saw in the shop and thought of this so took the photo

• Registered Users Posts: 38,455 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

So who's getting the big **** off entrances

My guess is Triple H and Steph as per usual
    Styles and Nakamura might
    Reigns
    Askua

If there going with Demon Balor (no mention of it) than he will prob get a big entrance

Whoever gets it wont touch Bobby's Glorious entrance.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,740 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

PTH2009 wrote: »
    So who's getting the big **** off entrances

My guess is Triple H and Steph as per usual
    Styles and Nakamura might
    Reigns
    Askua

If there going with Demon Balor (no mention of it) than he will prob get a big entrance

Have they ever used Demon Balor without plugging the crap out of it?

Too much collar flicking to be done, no need for the Demon

• Registered Users Posts: 23,182 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Have the Demon collar flick.

Roof will explode.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,454 ✭✭✭RocketRaccoon

If they go with Demon Finn it could take 10+ minutes for him to crawl to the ring.

WWE have, for some reason, put up the Styles/Nakamura pre match video.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,320 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Because they never bothered building it any other way maybe?

Advertisement