Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WWE Wrestlemania 34 Thread (Contains Spoilers) *No Betting Talk*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 38,455 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

NDWC wrote: »
    I really hope Reigns isn't in the main event again. Why not do something that the fans actually want to see?

Bit of an odd position for wwe as if they do Cena vs Taker or whatever taker match as the main event and 95% likely it will end with an emotional walk out by taker like last year

Could end the ppv with reigns holding the title high to a sea of boos

Styles vs Nak is prob not a closer in the eyes of Vince McMahon but would be awesome

I have a weird feeling the last match on the mania card will be the Ronda Rousey match

• Registered Users Posts: 7,767 ✭✭✭Deeper Blue

PTH2009 wrote: »
    I have a weird feeling the last match on the mania card will be the Ronda Rousey match
    Considering it would likely involve Stephanie main eventing, I'd take Reigns over that every day of the week

• Registered Users Posts: 45,594 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

NDWC wrote: »
    I really hope Reigns isn't in the main event again. Why not do something that the fans actually want to see?

I want to see it. I'll be very disappointed if they change plans again.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,567 ✭✭✭bennyl10

The house shows in may (dublin etc) are advertising Reigns vs Miz for IC title...

Hardly with the mania rumours?..

• Advertisement

bennyl10 wrote: »
    The house shows in may (dublin etc) are advertising Reigns vs Miz for IC title...

Hardly with the mania rumours?..

'Card subject to change'

yer mans voice is ****ing annoying

apparently Undertaker is back training

there is a good chance there not doing Cena vs Taker and it will be Cena vs Elias and Taker might be Rouseys partner or face some one like Baron Corbin ??

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,829 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

there is a good chance there not doing Cena vs Taker and it will be Cena vs Elias and Taker might be Rouseys partner or face some one like Baron Corbin ??

If Taker's having a match it'll be against Cena. The whole Cena's Road to Wrestlemania quest is building to this.

His feud with Elias was just there to keep him busy until Mania comes along.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

It he is having a match (and i really hope he's not) he will not be Ronda Rouseys partner or against Baron Corbin, his reputation demands better then those two.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 60,698 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

I wouldn't have him fight at all myself.

What I would do is have him rise from under ring during Roman's triumphant win and celebration over Brock and stare him down setting up a year long feud that leads to him lying down again for Roman at WM 35.

Roman becomes the only person to beat Taker twice at WM and main event his 5th WM in a row.

• Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭chatticusfinch

I wouldn't have him fight at all myself.

What I would do is have him rise from under ring during Roman's triumphant win and celebration over Brock and stare him down setting up a year long feud that leads to him lying down again for Roman at WM 35.

Roman becomes the only person to beat Taker twice at WM and main event his 5th WM in a row.

d67.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

Intresting that taker isnt on this if real

https://twitter.com/WrestlingInc/status/967818684377939970

Piper's Iconic T-shirt is dead to me now :(

• Registered Users Posts: 36,258 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

sky88 wrote: »
    Intresting that taker isnt on this if real

https://twitter.com/WrestlingInc/status/967818684377939970

I thought Cena wasn't going to be at Wrestlemania now?

SlickRic wrote: »
    I thought Cena wasn't going to be at Wrestlemania now?

no idea what he was on about on Raw talk but have a feeling it's leading to the taker challenge ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,987 ✭✭✭JohnMc1

Piper's Iconic T-shirt is dead to me now :(

I get that Roddy gave her permission to use the Rowdy nickname and his family gave her his jacket,but she does need to start coming up with her own look.

with cena vs taker off the table now, who will cena face at mania ???

he could come part of the WWE title match and make it a triple threat

he could face someone like Rusev, Jinder Mahal or Randy Orton ???

Bobby roode for the US title ???

Taker prob wont have a match at all and might make an apperence

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,829 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

with cena vs taker off the table now, who will cena face at mania ???

The match is going to happen. That's why he teased it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

i think its still happening i actually think it main events and taker finally retires and cena will become as good as retired as well

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 489 ✭✭Pinkman

Taker vs Cena is 100% happening. No way they would tease it like that. Cena will likely face Nakamura at Fastlane and Taker will appear then or the following Smackdown. The feud being on Smackdown would be a good idea as they need some star power badly.

Seth/Finn/Miz triple threat is bound to be one of the best matches on the show but it feels way too mid card for Rollins considering how over he is and how much momentum he has after the gauntlet match. It must be incredibly frustrating for him to be in the mid card since after he faced HHH at Mania a year ago - to finally be back in the main event scene beating Reigns and Cena in one night and getting the huge reactions a top babyface should be getting only to be put in the IC title picture a week later. Vince's obsession with Reigns is nauseating at this point.

Pinkman wrote: »
    Seth/Finn/Miz triple threat is bound to be one of the best matches on the show but it feels way too mid card for Rollins considering how over he is and how much momentum he has after the gauntlet match. It must be incredibly frustrating for him to be in the mid card since after he faced HHH at Mania a year ago - to finally be back in the main event scene beating Reigns and Cena in one night and getting the huge reactions a top babyface should be getting only to be put in the IC title picture a week later. Vince's obsession with Reigns is nauseating at this point.

At least it's a step up from Rollins Vs. Jordan

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,463 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Loughc wrote: »
    At least it's a step up from Rollins Vs. Jordan

Match quality, maybe. Story wise, no. Seth vs Jordan was one of the only feuds in WWE that was going to go into Mania with a few months of a build. Nearly every other feud really hasn't started till this week, or at least are relying on events from years ago but have barely been touched on since then.

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Match quality, maybe. Story wise, no. Seth vs Jordan was one of the only feuds in WWE that was going to go into Mania with a few months of a build. Nearly every other feud really hasn't started till this week, or at least are relying on events from years ago but have barely been touched on since then.

Yeah fair point, I really did enjoy the slow JJ heel turn myself, but for a marquee match and quality wise I think it's a step up.

Finn - Miz - IC Championship, all carry more name value regardless of build.

I'm surprised Seth hasn't been given two lackeys yet so they can put on a 9 man tag for WM.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

I'm surprised Seth hasn't been given two lackeys yet so they can put on a 9 man tag for WM.

sd_800_photo_125-2674106647-1432357373.jpg

or the lads

RAW_1140_225-1015769381.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 29,133 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

We've 2 women's champions and assuming Asuka is fighting Alexa, who will Charlotte face?

As for a feud that's been building. the Sasha/Bayley feud has been a slow burn

• Registered Users Posts: 23,182 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Smackdown's women's title will probably be a multi-woman match. That or Carmella cashes in for a Wrestlemania spot.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,133 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Raw and Smackdown teams need to coordinate before there are too many similar matches. Like we already have the supposed triple threat IC title match.

• Advertisement

what will Braun do at mania ???

surly can't leave him off the card as he is now a top guy.

Advertisement