Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WWE Wrestlemania 34 Thread (Contains Spoilers) *No Betting Talk*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 38,455 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

latest is now Cenas opponent will be
    Rey Mysterio

now that makes even less sense than the taker match

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

PTH2009 wrote: »
    latest is now Cenas opponent will be
    Rey Mysterio

now that makes even less sense than the taker match

Why make the tease with taker if thats a plan. Id say there sending out fake rumours to try put doubt in peoples mind

sky88 wrote: »
    Why make the tease with taker if thats a plan. Id say there sending out fake rumours to try put doubt in peoples mind

http://www.wrestlinginc.com/wi/news/2018/0228/637436/big-update-on-the-undertaker-wrestlemania-status/

possibly taker failed wwe medial tests or is physically just not able for a match ???

• Registered Users Posts: 7,740 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Raw and Smackdown teams need to coordinate before there are too many similar matches. Like we already have the supposed triple threat IC title match.

You mean like how they debuted 3 women teams with almost literally the same members about 2 weeks apart

Matches making sense or match quality doesn't matter, it's all about those Wrestlemania moments

Meltzee and pwinsider have both contradicted espn story on cenas match

I do like no one seems to really know cenas direction for mania

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,751 ✭✭✭Thepoet85

PTH2009 wrote:
    possibly taker failed wwe medial tests or is physically just not able for a match ???

Could they have him and Dwayne again?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭Scavenger XIII

Thrice in a lifetime boys! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 489 ✭✭Pinkman

If they are lucky enough for The Rock to agree to wrestle (or rather his insurance company to agree to it given what happened last time with Hercules) then he will be Ronda's partner vs HHH & Steph.

This Mystereo rumour is bizzaire. Surely they wouldn't get fans hopes up if Taker can't get cleared? If Cena can't wrestle Taker then it should've been him vs Rollins.

Speaking of Cena and Rollins.

According to backstage sources, Cena was pushing for the idea of Seth Rollins winning the Elimination Chamber Match but the Creatives didn’t think Rollins beating Lesnar would be believable and went on with Reigns.

http://www.gerweck.net/2018/02/27/cena-was-pushing-for-rollins-to-win-the-elimination-chamber-match/

• Registered Users Posts: 21,390 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Of course Cena was pushing for Seth to win, Rollins isn’t in any danger of stealing his spot as “the man”. That one makes a lot of sense, after all, Cena wants Reigns to be the top dog just as much as we do.

Cena vs Rey looks like its happening or Rey is going to be in the 205 title final.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

https://www.ewrestlingnews.com/news/rey-mysterio-no-longer-advertised-crash-event-wrestlemania-weekend
    Cena vs Rey looks like its happening or Rey is going to be in the 205 title final.

Find a different link, it gives away the surprise when you hover over the link with the mouse...

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,829 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Cena taker is still on.

http://rajah.com/node/60735

Loughc wrote: »
    Cena taker is still on.

http://rajah.com/node/60735

tbh it got a very loud reaction when Cena mentioned it on Raw

• Registered Users Posts: 86,713 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Is Ronda the "celeb" for WM or could it be McGregor?

poor Cena must be destined not to have a mania match with the rumoured guy now injured and taker retired

could easily out Cena into the world title match and make it a triple threat, he could face Baron Corbin or enter the ATG battle royal ??

It's gonna be Cena v Taker still I'd be willing to bet

Cena can still be great and I'd be very interested in matches against Styles/Nakamura separately but we're gonna get enough multi man matches at Mania let us have 1 proper 1v1 that could be a classic

Now adding him to Reigns/Lesnar for more odds for Reigns to overcome I don't mind because it'll be crap no matter what happens

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,829 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

poor Cena must be destined not to have a mania match with the rumoured guy now injured and taker retired

could easily out Cena into the world title match and make it a triple threat, he could face Baron Corbin or enter the ATG battle royal ??

Cena will Absolutely face Taker.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,004 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

It's gonna be Cena v Taker still I'd be willing to bet

Cena can still be great and I'd be very interested in matches against Styles/Nakamura separately but we're gonna get enough multi man matches at Mania let us have 1 proper 1v1 that could be a classic

Now adding him to Reigns/Lesnar for more odds for Reigns to overcome I don't mind because it'll be crap no matter what happens

How will taker vs cena in any way be a classic in 2018 ? 2008 maybe but not 2018. Cena isn't the worst wrestler ever but he's not great even now. And taker can barely walk as seen on the WWE 24 documentary which WWE cut a scene showing taker getting pain injections just to have one match. If people think the last few taker mania matches were bad(and they were) then if cena and taker do face off then the phrase "the drizzling ****s" comes to mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,390 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    How will taker vs cena in any way be a classic in 2018 ? 2008 maybe but not 2018. Cena isn't the worst wrestler ever but he's not great even now. And taker can barely walk as seen on the WWE 24 documentary which WWE cut a scene showing taker getting pain injections just to have one match. If people think the last few taker mania matches were bad(and they were) then if cena and taker do face off then the phrase "the drizzling ****s" comes to mind.

Maybe I misread it but I think he was referring to Styles vs. Nakamura as the classic?

going by the reaction last Monday people still want Cena vs Taker

it will be more clear after fast lane next week. let here and the internet explode if somehow Cena wins the title next Sunday

• Advertisement

martyos121 wrote: »
    Maybe I misread it but I think he was referring to Styles vs. Nakamura as the classic?

Yep you’re right Marty

Im all for Cena/Taker because even though the in ring work may be a crapfest we’ll see enough high level workers over Mania weekend and Cena v Taker will be a great character match and a spectacle

Im trying to look at the positives for every match at Wrestlemania and not being so cynical, but at the same time Reigns Round 4 can go and sh1te

Anyone else think roman/brock is being built up for roman to squash brock in a quick dominant victory to send brock off.

I also dont think it closes mania cena/taker will

Anyone else think roman/brock is being built up for roman to squash brock in a quick dominant victory to send brock off.

I also dont think it closes mania cena/taker will

have that feeling too but all in all it will be sad to see Brock leave again. Hard to knw if he will be ever back too

Cena/taker closing ???. Would be good and a huge possibility to close the show but will it not end the same as last year it an emotional tearful taker walk to the back ??

Can see Ronda/??? vs Steph/Triple H closing the event

have that feeling too but all in all it will be sad to see Brock leave again. Hard to knw if he will be ever back too

Cena/taker closing ???. Would be good and a huge possibility to close the show but will it not end the same as last year it an emotional tearful taker walk to the back ??

Can see Ronda/??? vs Steph/Triple H closing the event

Yea ronda/kurt?? Vs steph/trips i think closes if taker cena doesnt for me.

It can get them women main eventing but of course it gets steph main event too

Feel aj/nak will be 1st half

Finn/miz/seth gets the job to kick off the main show hot

Yea ronda/kurt?? Vs steph/trips i think closes if taker cena doesnt for me.

It can get them women main eventing but of course it gets steph main event too

Feel aj/nak will be 1st half

Finn/miz/seth gets the job to kick off the main show hot

I wonder what other SD roster members will make the main card guys like Corbin, Ziggler, Orton, Roode (Us champ)???. A multi man Us title match

Us title will be pre show i think i look forward to ortons tantrum on this.

I think multi tag match with usos/new day/ harper & rowan gets main

Whatever they end up doing with shane/owens/shane ends up on main show

I think 4 sd matches overall with womens match as well on the main show

• Registered Users Posts: 29,133 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

With Ronda being on the card and 2 women's title matches, I wonder where Bayley/Sasha will come on the card. I've got a feeling it could be on the preshow.
    Matches so far based on what we know:
    Raw women's title
    SD women's title (likely)
    WWE title match
    Universal title match
    IC title match
    US title match (likely ladder match?)
    Cena/Taker(?)
    Rousey match
    Cruiserweight title
    Andre Battle Royale
    Sasha/Bayley
    At least 1 tag title match

So from those the Battle Royale and CW matches could be preshow?

I think cruiserweights, sasha/bayley and a womens battle royal or multi tag match is pre show and then us title match randy vs roode vs jinder is my guess

• Registered Users Posts: 23,182 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Bayley/Sasha will get on the main show. Even a carbon copy of their NXT matches would get the crowd going big time.

• Advertisement

reckon another 10pm-4.30am mania this year

not that I'm complaining but it's hard enough too keep paying attention for that long

If I was over at it id have to go in for every second of it tbh

Advertisement