Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WWE Wrestlemania 34 Thread (Contains Spoilers) *No Betting Talk*

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭HandsomeBob

Roman and Brock should definitely end the show. Would be shocked if it didn't. I expect it to be short enough and explosive in order to send fans home happy.

Cena/Taker and ???/Ronda v Steph/Trips both have potential to be a disaster so shouldn't close the show.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,829 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Cena/Taker and ???/Ronda v Steph/Trips both have potential to be a disaster so shouldn't close the show.

Taker/Roman was a disaster and that closed last years Mania.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,746 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

If they 100% bill it as The Undertakers retirement match I could see Cena Taker going on last as you would not want to follow that even if it isn't the most amazing in ring match. It also means Roman being booed going over does not have to main event while Raws main event is still probably put over SDs but hey who cares at least SDs will probably go twice as long as either of those other matches given the people involved.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,258 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

if they book Reigns to beat Lesnar, and it goes on last, then they think he won't get booed out of the building.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,740 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

SlickRic wrote: »
    if they book Reigns to beat Lesnar, and it goes on last, then they think he won't get booed out of the building.

What were they thinking going in 32 against HHH so

I really dont see what they’ll do different to his matches against Lesnar before and HHH where he was booed mercilessly to even make them think they’ll get a different reaction

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,320 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Think I have teached the end of caring about WWE and Mania. Takeover will be good but not sure I really care about the talent as it has such a huge turnover of people.

Mania itself has reached the point of no longer meaning anything. Reigns will win Taker will have another random retirement match, AJ will have a heatless match with Nak, Asuka will win again, Triple H have another match that means nothing, blah blah blah

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,463 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

What were they thinking going in 32 against HHH so

I really dont see what they’ll do different to his matches against Lesnar before and HHH where he was booed mercilessly to even make them think they’ll get a different reaction

Hell, they knew he was going to get booed the end of the PPV last week, so booked a post match beatdown to "send the fans home happy".

I can't imagine for a second they think he won't get booed. I think they just don't care....

• Registered Users Posts: 38,455 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

could they do a Cena open challenge at mania and we won't find out his opponent until then ???

PTH2009 wrote: »
    could they do a Cena open challenge at mania and we won't find out his opponent until then ???

As much as that might be good on the night, they need to able to market the event properly and a lot would still expect Taker, so if you're gonna have Taker why not just advertise him

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

I've absolutely no interest in the mixed gender tag. I'd much prefer to see Kurt and Trips in a singles match.

It seems that the mixed gender match is the new annual fixation for WWE.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 86,713 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I'd love if MITB returned at WM

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

JP Liz V1 wrote: »

I 2nd this idea. Was actually watching the MITB matches from when Punk won it back to back at Mania 24 & 25 and was thinking the same thing.. But it'll never happen as long as the MITB PPV exists..

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

And i 3rd that would love it to happen but as lith said wont happen as long as the ppv is there.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

I think the majority here will be asking WHO? in regards to the American national anthem being "sung" at the start of the show...

28685094_1767569393281502_8856913744849010688_n.jpg?oh=85807a84c7e3e2ca2359fab2b3c7fc0c&oe=5B000965

• Registered Users Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭2ndcoming

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    I think the majority here will be asking WHO? in regards to the American national anthem being "sung" at the start of the show...

28685094_1767569393281502_8856913744849010688_n.jpg?oh=85807a84c7e3e2ca2359fab2b3c7fc0c&oe=5B000965

Jim Neidhart is singing the Anthem?

JP Liz V1 wrote: »

It makes so much more sense at Mania for a 6-8 man match for the upper card guys

People like Braun, Elias, Owens, Zayn etc are the kinds of guys who deserve matches at Mania and don't have anything obvious going into Mania season but will be shoehorned either onto the card in several multi person matches or the battle royal which should be reserved for the lower guys imo

Look at the list of guys who competed for MITB at WM23 for instance, so many guys like Edge/Orton who are too good to leave off Mania but can be given that match

• Registered Users Posts: 29,133 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

2 of the more over guys don't have a Mania match in Rusev and Braun.

Braun will probably have some sort of wacky match against Elias, and Rusev will be in the Battle Royal

It's not good enough for either of them imo, far too often people aren't being rewarded for being good and entertaining week in week out during the grind that is May-December but hey there'll be 10 mins for a Pitbull or Kid Rock concert

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭HandsomeBob

I enjoy the Kid Rock and the like performances......it reminds me of how out of touch Vince is. I can imagine him in the back absolutely perplexed at the dead crowd and it's hilarious to me.

• Advertisement

The only good thing about the concerts is the toilet break time.

I agree that MITB should return to Wrestlemania rather than having a separate PPV.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,698 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

There is always something on aWM card that peaks my interest now matter how bad the card looks.

Nothing peaks my interest this year not even Finn, Seth & The Miz does which saddens me.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭2ndcoming

There is always something on aWM card that peaks my interest now matter how bad the card looks.

Nothing peaks my interest this year not even Finn, Seth & The Miz does which saddens me.

Nakamura and Styles could be a classic as long as they don't fúck with it. Ditto the IC title match. These two will be expected to carry the whole show for the purists as hard to see any quality emerging in the rest of it. Asuka v Bliss could be decent I suppose.

2ndcoming wrote: »
    Nakamura and Styles could be a classic as long as they don't fúck with it. Ditto the IC title match. These two will be expected to carry the whole show for the purists as hard to see any quality emerging in the rest of it. Asuka v Bliss could be decent I suppose.

lets pray to god they dont add more people to the match and make it a multi man match and if its one on one vince is kept away from planning it and both guys get to plan it themselves. Not going to watch the NJPW match between the 2 til after mania cause it will just ruin the wwe match

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

honest to god i think there adding ziggler to the match and thats why he signed the contract

i hope im worng

2ndcoming wrote: »

I just have a feeling they will fcuk it up totally.

Not give it enough time or as sky88 they will add Ziggler to it.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,829 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

I just have a feeling they will fcuk it up totally.

Not give it enough time or as sky88 they will add Ziggler to it.

I agree, they will give it 9 minutes, midcard and have Naka's coronation cut short by a recap of WrestleMania week in New Orleans.

But they'll make it up to us by giving us a 35-Minute rematch at Backlash, which will prob end up being a MOTY contender.

But showcase your best wrestlers at WM? Nah, give HHH and Steph another 10 minutes onto their entrance, cause lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

I have no desire to see a should be retired Kurt Angle take on Triple H in a mixed tag match or any match in 2018.

Both need to go away. Triple H hasnt had a good match in years, Angle is a a broken shell of his former glory, Steph is not a wrestler and Ronda is a rookie in terms of working.

If Vince decides to give AJ & Nakamura 30 minutes and Seth, Finn & The Miz the same they could have two match of the year candidates on their hands.

But whoever that musical guest is will probably get more time than these matches that's why I don't get excited for WM anymore.

• Advertisement

some odd stuff been told by Meltzer today about mania

2 best friends who are on SD few in the ATG BR
    3 big raw superstars not having matches at the event

Advertisement