Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WWE Wrestlemania 34 Thread (Contains Spoilers) *No Betting Talk*

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,463 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Here's Meltzer's notes (Leaving these unmarked, spoiler wise, since 1. it's just speculations and 2. there's a spoiler warning in the thread title....)

Cena v Undertaker is still happening from last word

Dave expects the US title match to be Mahal v Orton v Roode.

Bludgeon Brothers are expected to be in the SD tag title match.

The Hardy Compound match is expected for Raw, not Wrestlemania

Sheamus and Cesaro are currently planned to be in an angle, not a match

PWInsider said more people could be added to IC title match, Dave named Joe and Strowman as people who could be added

However with Strowman, he is still backup for the Universal title match. The current plan is for him in a 'non-wrestling gimmick thing'

Shane v Daniel Bryan has been the most teased Smackdown match. However, Dave thinks it could be Zayn/Owens w/ Bryan v Shane and a partner of his choosing

Although, he has been told Zayn/Owens will be in the Battle Royal

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Lord TSC wrote:
    However with Strowman, he is still backup for the Universal title match. The current plan is for him in a 'non-wrestling gimmick thing'

How vague but makes sense based on his current standing of do some stunt even if sometimes it's dumb that gets big social media traffic.
    Lord TSC wrote:
    Although, he has been told Zayn/Owens will be in the Battle Royal

Not the boldest prediction as both have been mishandled since Hell in a Cell last October. I know they got "heat" for not taking a beatdown off New Day but their character struggles have been a theme on smackdown along with the poor booking of so many tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,740 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

beakerjoe wrote: »
    I have no desire to see a should be retired Kurt Angle take on Triple H in a mixed tag match or any match in 2018.

Both need to go away. Triple H hasnt had a good match in years, Angle is a a broken shell of his former glory, Steph is not a wrestler and Ronda is a rookie in terms of working.

If it's the only "celebrity" spot on the card then it would be alright

But it'll prob go 30-40 mins between long recaps and the typical HHH epic entrance

It's such a waste of Angle, but at the same time I dunno how he'd hold up in a 1v1 match and HHH's usual slow rest hold style will suit a broken Kurt

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

PTH2009 wrote: »
    lets pray to god they dont add more people to the match and make it a multi man match and if its one on one vince is kept away from planning it and both guys get to plan it themselves. Not going to watch the NJPW match between the 2 til after mania cause it will just ruin the wwe match

Watch the NJPW one to see how they properly do it, because the WWE will meddle with their own take on it for Wrestlemania in some shape or form...

• Registered Users Posts: 38,455 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

so girl power continues with the first ever Fabulous Moolah memorial battle royal taking place at mania. All women on both brands eligible to enter

I wonder will they do the Andre the giant battle royal for the excess guys

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,113 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

Moolah was a well known piece of trash, there was numerous other people they could have named it after. **** that match tbh.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,746 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

I'd guess that means Bayley/Sasha will get lumped into that match then. Maybe one sneakily eliminates the other for the win to further the story.

Even with how they puch the #womansrevolution They wouldn't have 4 womans matches at Mania would they?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,597 ✭✭✭irish_stevo815

This Mania is a copy of Wrestlmania 31, let me explain....

Main event is Brock vs Reigns.

HHH and Steph are facing off against Rhonda and one of HHH's attitude era rivals.

Taker will be coming back for a match after being beaten the year before.

The money in the bank holder still has their brief case to cash in.

I love it Maggle.

saw someone here saying on another thread saying it will be Biker taker vs Cena ???

Id be a little disapointed in that, biker taker was good and fitted into that era but the real taker is the deadman and he should go out like that. At Raw 25 taker came out in the his ministry of darkness attire so it could be that taker that appears at this mania. Its hard to knw but with Kid rock going to the HOF it could be biker taker

the FM BR will prob be pre show, along with the Crusierweight match and maybe the ATG BR

• Registered Users Posts: 40,004 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Rjd2 wrote: »
    Moolah was a well known piece of trash, there was numerous other people they could have named it after. **** that match tbh.

Yeah what's next the chris Benoit tag tournament or the jimmy Snuka hotel invitational ? I mean even Mae young wasn't a saint but noting compared to moolah who was crap in the ring and held women's wrestling back.

I've never heard one women who was around and trained by moolah say one nice or positive thing about her.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    Yeah what's next the chris Benoit tag tournament or the jimmy Snuka hotel invitational ? I mean even Mae young wasn't a saint but noting compared to moolah who was crap in the ring and held women's wrestling back.

I've never heard one women who was around and trained by moolah say one nice or positive thing about her.

I honestly laughed out loud when I read this in the office.

card looks like this atm (put in spoilers just in case)
    WWE Universal title- Brock vs Reigns
    WWE World Title- AJ Styles vs Nakamura
    Triple H/Steph vs Kurt Angle/Ronda Rousy
    WWE IC title- Miz vs Seth Rollins vs Finn Balor
    WWE SD womens title- Charlotte vs Askua
    WWE Crusierweigt final
    WWE Raw Tag Titles- the bar vs Braun Strowman/???
    John Cena vs The Undertaker
    Fab Moolah Battle Royal (for the excess women on the rosters)

rumoured matches that could take place
    Andre The Giant Battle Royal (excess male talent)
    SD tag title match
    Raw Womens title match
    Some sort of KOs/Sami Zayn/Shane Mcmahon match
    US title match (prob be a fatal 4 way or triple threat)

card is getting in shape now and is ok and will be a good night

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

saw someone here saying on another thread saying it will be Biker taker vs Cena ???

Id be a little disapointed in that, biker taker was good and fitted into that era but the real taker is the deadman and he should go out like that. At Raw 25 taker came out in the his ministry of darkness attire so it could be that taker that appears at this mania. Its hard to knw but with Kid rock going to the HOF it could be biker taker

the FM BR will prob be pre show, along with the Crusierweight match and maybe the ATG BR

Ya, that was me.

I can't see it happening any other way. Cena is addressing him as a man, not a Phenom. Broken down? Can't go anymore? His wife?

All of this, to me, points to the Badass rather than the Undead. Granted, he appeared as the undead Taker at Raw 25, but things seem to be lining up for his return as BikerTaker now. It's like the stars are aligning with Kid Rock being inducted into the HOF.

It would make total sense from a storyline perspective, in that Roman Reigns retired the dead man, but not THE MAN himself, Mark Calloway... Plus it gives WWE a convenient "out" if they wanted to induct him into the HOF next year for example, without having to worry about a scripted gimmick promo for the Deadman Character

gerrybbadd wrote: »
    Ya, that was me.

I can't see it happening any other way. Cena is addressing him as a man, not a Phenom. Broken down? Can't go anymore? His wife?

All of this, to me, points to the Badass rather than the Undead. Granted, he appeared as the undead Taker at Raw 25, but things seem to be lining up for his return as BikerTaker now. It's like the stars are aligning with Kid Rock being inducted into the HOF.

It would make total sense from a storyline perspective, in that Roman Reigns retired the dead man, but not THE MAN himself, Mark Calloway... Plus it gives WWE a convenient "out" if they wanted to induct him into the HOF next year for example, without having to worry about a scripted gimmick promo for the Deadman Character

pretty true man and be a cool thing to do

could they do a mix between dead man and biker taker

my fav taker was the ministry of darkness one he was so cool

• Registered Users Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

I wonder if we might end up with a Mark Calloway v John Cena match. Similar to how they got around the Mankind retirement angle when they had Mick Foley v HHH

• Registered Users Posts: 23,182 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Saw on Reddit that some sites are reporting negatively about the Moolah battle royal (Forbes, Newsweek, The Mirror and others) because of her background and apparently Becky and Liv Morgan deleted tweets about her because of the backlash.

I've read all the rumours about her but has anything ever been proven?

• Registered Users Posts: 29,133 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

So is it the winner or the losers that get pimped out?
    Guest enforcer The Godfather?

Do you think they'll go with who they have or bring women in like the Rumble? May just use 1 or 2 from NXT.

Edit: Just rewatched and saw multiple NXT women including Peyton, Billie, Ember, Shayna and Kairi

going through all of takers matches at mania

its hard to believe him vs Bray Wyatt and vs Mark Henry were real things and lets not forget the time he teamed with Nathan Jones too face Big show and A train

WM 7 (1991)- vs Jimmy Snuka
    WM 8 (1992)- vs Jake The Snake Roberts
    WM 9 (1993)- vs Giant Gonzalez
    Wm 11 (1995)- vs King Kong Bundy
    Wm 12 (1996)- vs Diesel
    WM 13 (1997)- vs Sycho Sid (WWE Championship)
    WM 14 (1998)- vs Kane
    WM 15 (1999)- vs Big Boss Man (Hell in a cell)
    WM 17 (2001)- vs Triple H (Shh this match never happend) first match as American Bad Ass
    WM 18 (2002)- vs Ric Flair
    WM 19 (2003)- with Natan Jones vs Big Show & A Train
    WM 20 (2004)- vs Kane (Return as the deadman gimmick)
    WM 21 (2005)- vs Randy Orton
    WM 22 (2006)- vs Mark Henry
    WM 23 (2007)- vs Batistia (world heavyweight title, they had the chance of doing Cena vs Taker that year if i remember correctly??)
    WM 24 (2008)- vs Edge (World heavyweight title)
    WM 25 (2009)- vs Shawn Michaels
    WM 26 (2010)- vs Shawn Michaels
    WM 27 (2011)- vs Triple H
    WM 28 (2012)- vs Triple H (Hell in a cell)
    WM 29 (2013)- vs CM Punk
    WM 30 (2014)- vs Brock Lesner (Streak ends)
    WM 31 (2015)- vs Bray Wyatt
    WM 32 (2016)- vs Shane Mcmahon (Hell in a cell)
    WM 33 (2017)- vs Roman Reigns

WM 34 (2018)- vs John Cena

what a ****ing list tbf and its a shame they never done matches vs Hulk Hogan, Sting, Kurt Angle or The Rock but they can do so many matchups . A few dud opponenets on the list but most are legends of the sport.Think after this year is finally time for Mark 'Undertaker' Calloway to hang up his boots

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

He didn't team with Nathan Jones though. Jones was pulled from the match for being green as grass. He did run in.

Anyone remember the time Taker started training Jones in the ring with a live mic? Awful

Also he faced the likes of Hogan, The Rock and Kurt Angle on numerous occasions. He's even faced Cena before.

I never had much desire to see him vs Sting.

I agree with you though PTH2009, if he wrestles this year, it should be his last.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,851 ✭✭✭Pentecost

Should’ve been his last, last year.

• Advertisement

gerrybbadd wrote: »
    He didn't team with Nathan Jones though. Jones was pulled from the match for being green as grass. He did run in.

Anyone remember the time Taker started training Jones in the ring with a live mic? Awful

Also he faced the likes of Hogan, The Rock and Kurt Angle on numerous occasions. He's even faced Cena before.

I never had much desire to see him vs Sting.

I agree with you though PTH2009, if he wrestles this year, it should be his last.

Was Nathan Jones actually touted to be a new mega star for the company but he turned out to be **** and they got rid of him

I knw he fought guys at different events throughout his career but facing Taker at mania is one of the pinicles of wrestling

Yeah this should be his last mania match but it would not surprise me to see him have 1 or 2 more matches ending his career at Survivor Series in November. It all goes down to how he performs at mania. Nothing more he can do at mania and that can prob be said since the streak was broke 4 years ago (how times flys)

Was Nathan Jones actually touted to be a new mega star for the company but he turned out to be **** and they got rid of him

I knw he fought guys at different events throughout his career but facing Taker at mania is one of the pinicles of wrestling

Yeah this should be his last mania match but it would not surprise me to see him have 1 or 2 more matches ending his career at Survivor Series in November. It all goes down to how he performs at mania. Nothing more he can do at mania and that can prob be said since the streak was broke 4 years ago (how times flys)

It clearly doesn't as if you took his performances the past few times at mania he shouldn't have wrestled the next year but here we are in 2018 and it looks like he'll wrestle again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,987 ✭✭✭JohnMc1

Pentecost wrote: »
    Should’ve been his last, last year.

He should have retired when he hit 20-0. Everything after that was sad seeing him limp around the ring.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,829 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

JohnMc1 wrote: »
    He should have retired when he hit 20-0. Everything after that was sad seeing him limp around the ring.

Personally I think the loss at WM 30 was the perfect way for him to go out. The streak was over the attraction had ended there.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Loughc wrote: »
    Personally I think the loss at WM 30 was the perfect way for him to go out. The streak was over the attraction had ended there.

Yeah, his matches and feuds since have been very uninteresting, the allure was over at 30. Hes tarnishing his own legacy by hanging on.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

Jeez, until Batista it wasn't much of a Mania matchlist to be proud of. You can really see the drop in importance when he lost, next year it was Bray Wyatt!

Although Brock (and Heyman) milked the win for everything it was worth, I wish they never did, so his matches would be a big thing each year; even if they weren't going to win (like Barrett, Sheamus etc). Doesn't always have to be a Cena-level.

going through all of takers matches at mania

its hard to believe him vs Bray Wyatt and vs Mark Henry were real things and lets not forget the time he teamed with Nathan Jones too face Big show and A train

WM 7 (1991)- vs Jimmy Snuka alright for what it was
    WM 8 (1992)- vs Jake The Snake Roberts tomestone on the outside
    WM 9 (1993)- vs Giant Gonzalez the goggles do ****ing nothing
    Wm 11 (1995)- vs King Kong Bundy no specific recollection of this but it was WM 11 so can't have been great
    Wm 12 (1996)- vs Diesel Kevin Nash said it was an honour to take the pin
    WM 13 (1997)- vs Sycho Sid (WWE Championship) thrown together main event
    WM 14 (1998)- vs Kane great storyline behind this one and not a bad match
    WM 15 (1999)- vs Big Boss Man (Hell in a cell) woeful ****e
    WM 17 (2001)- vs Triple H (Shh this match never happend) first match as American Bad Ass very good match
    WM 18 (2002)- vs Ric Flair I liked it but then I'm fans of both guys
    WM 19 (2003)- with Natan Jones vs Big Show & A Train alright ish
    WM 20 (2004)- vs Kane (Return as the deadman gimmick) always okay matches between these two and return of a hybrid deadman
    WM 21 (2005)- vs Randy Orton fine match no problem with it
    WM 22 (2006)- vs Mark Henry a casket match wasn't it ?
    WM 23 (2007)- vs Batistia (world heavyweight title, they had the chance of doing Cena vs Taker that year if i remember correctly??) start of some classics
    WM 24 (2008)- vs Edge (World heavyweight title) very good match told a good story
    WM 25 (2009)- vs Shawn Michaels a classic
    WM 26 (2010)- vs Shawn Michaels a classic but not as good as 25
    WM 27 (2011)- vs Triple H good match
    WM 28 (2012)- vs Triple H (Hell in a cell) end of an era
    WM 29 (2013)- vs CM Punk nothing wrong with it
    WM 30 (2014)- vs Brock Lesner (Streak ends) match hurt by taker getting his bell rung early in match. One of the most shocking moments ever
    WM 31 (2015)- vs Bray Wyatt better than 30
    WM 32 (2016)- vs Shane Mcmahon (Hell in a cell) jump off the cell
    WM 33 (2017)- vs Roman Reigns poor enough match but did what it meant to do. Nice ending moment with taker

WM 34 (2018)- vs John Cena it has potential to be god awful

• Registered Users Posts: 23,182 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

J. Marston wrote: »

After much consideration ? Translation we were getting bad publicity and are trying to stop that.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭HandsomeBob

Not quite a 180 as they didn't properly rename it after another women's wrestler. Moolah seems to be a proper figure of stature for them that they won't completely tear down.

Advertisement