Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WWE Wrestlemania 34 Thread (Contains Spoilers) *No Betting Talk*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,390 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

It really should be renamed the Santina Marella Memorial Battle Royal.

It’s only right to honour the pioneer of the women’s battle royal.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,182 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Chyna would be a good shout only for her issues.

Who else would be worthy of it?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,463 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

J. Marston wrote: »

The Stephanie McMahon-Helmsley Invitational Battle Royal

Don't give her ideas.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,004 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

J. Marston wrote: »

Sherri Martel. I know her end wasn't the nicest but she was a great wrestler and the AWA women's champ which was used better than WWE was in the 1980s and I've heard great things about her backstage.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭HandsomeBob

Sherri would be a good shout. Alundra Blaze Battle Royal has a nice ring too. :pac: Doesn't have to necessarily be a memorial match.

Sherri would be a good shout. Alundra Blaze Battle Royal has a nice ring too. :pac: Doesn't have to necessarily be a memorial match.
    No it doesn't so it can be a living person. And madusa could be involved and isn't someone who would potentially embarrass herself or WWE and I thought she gave a great HOF speech.

Well if we're using living people, there can be only one answer and we all know who it is....

That's right, The Rosa Mendes Battle Royal.

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    No it doesn't so it can be a living person. And madusa could be involved and isn't someone who would potentially embarrass herself or WWE and I thought she gave a great HOF speech.

That's what I mean, Madusa ticks a lot of boxes.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,829 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Latest rumour is the Cena Taker Match would be Career vs Career.

Adds a bit more interest but honestly Taker would be better off away from the event.

And Daniel Bryan is set to be the special guess referee for the Owen/Zayn/McMahon Match.

• Advertisement

Taker gonna take one more nice pay day.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,133 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Thank you @WWEUniverse for using your voice. What remains most important is that the “@WrestleMania Women’s Battle Royal” will be a historic match and is part of @WWE’;s unwavering commitment to our Women’s Division. #WomensEvolution #ChangeTheName

Using your voice ? Aka calling out the company on a stupid decision.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,698 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

CastorTroy wrote: »

Snickers Statement on it is pretty strong.
    “We were recently made aware of the World Wrestling Entertainment Inc’s (WWE) decision to honor a former wrestler during the upcoming WrestleMania 34 event. As a principle-based business that has long championed creating inclusive environments that encourage and empower everyone to reach their full potential, this is unacceptable. We are engaging with the WWE to express our disappointment.”

Wow, Snickers utterly pissing on WWE there. I'd say Vince is raging.

Wow, Snickers utterly pissing on WWE there. I'd say Vince is raging.

Yeah it was suprising strong. These companies normally find a way of showing their displeasure with things but normally it's in a more nuanced way. They just straight out said it.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,113 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

That's what I mean, Madusa ticks a lot of boxes.

If it had to be a dead person, then maybe Elizabeth. She is still a massive name.

Living? Obviously you want a star, but due to how the WWE have booked ladies wrestling over last few decades they have not made many. Lita or more likely Trish could have done.

If they wanted to go down the celebrity route, Cindy Lauper was the call.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,698 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    Yeah it was suprising strong. These companies normally find a way of showing their displeasure with things but normally it's in a more nuanced way. They just straight out said it.

In this time with #MeToo companies aren't going to go soft if it could hit there bottom line.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,113 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

In this time with #MeToo companies aren't going to go soft if it could hit there bottom line.

especially as there isn't really anyone on the other side demanding the name stays. The only person who will be upset with this will be Vince.

Rjd2 wrote: »
    especially as there isn't really anyone on the other side demanding the name stays. The only person who will be upset with this will be Vince.

Steph will be raging as well given her heavy handed involvement with the division and alleged plan to use it as a stepping stone to greater things outside of wrestling.

• Advertisement

Well yeah fair point.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,455 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Loughc wrote: »
    Latest rumour is the Cena Taker Match would be Career vs Career.

Adds a bit more interest but honestly Taker would be better off away from the event.

And Daniel Bryan is set to be the special guess referee for the Owen/Zayn/McMahon Match.

so taker is going to lose again or Cena had told wwe he's retiring behind closed doors and will lose the match ???

they can always say Cena is retired and someone brings him back in a few months ?

• Registered Users Posts: 530 ✭✭✭colmufc

PTH2009 wrote: »
    so taker is going to lose again or Cena had told wwe he's retiring behind closed doors and will lose the match ???

they can always say Cena is retired and someone brings him back in a few months ?

Cena has to lose , no point in bringing taker back to lose again , cena can always finish off taker at survivor series

• Registered Users Posts: 7,740 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

Charlotte vs Asuka could be a hell of a match, it's a 50/50 in my eyes, sure Asuka has the streak but Charlotte is the golden girl of this new age of women wrestling, prob the most intriguing match in terms of what result there will be for me

AJ v Nak might be a better match but I'd be fairly sure of an AJ win, and I love a real 50/50 match

Asuka losing the streak wouldn't necessarily be a bad thing and if she had to lose it now, Charlotte is the one I'd prefer it to be to. If done right it could be great for Asuka long term.

I'm not mad about about the idea of Asuka going undefeated for another year only to lose it to Ronda. They're already done the same match multiple times where Asuka looks like she's struggling only to pull it out of the fire, and it's tiresome already.

Would rather she's beat now and ends up snapping, going on a huge monster heel run.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

i think Charlotte will win then askua turns heel attacking her and carmella cashes in

• Registered Users Posts: 38,455 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

colmufc wrote: »
    Cena has to lose , no point in bringing taker back to lose again , cena can always finish off taker at survivor series

prob wont make sense if its career vs career at mania but Cena can always come out of retirement i suppose

• Registered Users Posts: 530 ✭✭✭colmufc

PTH2009 wrote: »
    prob wont make sense if its career vs career at mania but Cena can always come out of retirement i suppose

Exactly , taker goes once a year no point in him putting it on the line when it's not really there and cena could probably do with a full year or two away

• Registered Users Posts: 7,740 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

sky88 wrote: »
    i think Charlotte will win then askua turns heel attacking her and carmella cashes in

I'd rather a Charlotte heel turn. She is wasted as a babyface.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Sirsok

I reckon Asuka wins stays in smackdown, remains undefeated. Charlotte goes over to Raw, builds up to Ronda, loses to her. Then Ronda goes undefeated until Mania 35 where she faces Asuka who is also undefeated.

Advertisement