Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WWE Wrestlemania 34 Thread (Contains Spoilers) *No Betting Talk*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭oneilla

CastorTroy wrote: »
    AJ vacating the title would be unfair with the amount of leeway Brock gets.
    Nak joins the Raw title match.
    Has there been a Mania where the top title (or either of the titles during a split) hasn't been defended?

First WrestleMania had Hogan in a tag match. Mania 4 was a tournament for the vacant WWF title. Other than that, no.

Mania 9 had the weird Hogan v Yokozuna match and Mania 10 had the weird mini tournament where Bret wrestled the winner of Lex Luger vs Yokozuna.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,463 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

maxresdefault.jpg
    sky88 wrote: »
    Have the winner of the andre face nak if it were to happen and its Rey another dream match

Not sure about Ray, but 100% use the battle royal to your advantage there. Seth or Finn winning would be my thoughts.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,182 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Could Rey be Braun's partner?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,829 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Is Rey not injured at the moment?

Although the sight of him and Braun as Tag Partners would be class.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,746 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

I would assume it'll end up being Elias but I would not mind being surprised.

Okay maybe we all think we know what will happen with Cena at Mania but if it is really going to be Taker then I personally feel they should have already announced it and they could be using these last few weeks to really build a potential retirement angle/stip.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 60,699 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

If AJ is out there is only one man to take his WM spot and have the match against Nakamura and that is The American Dragon.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

its more than likely going to be elias and id be happy with that.

than its maybe joe seen some rumours of his return being before mania so that would be awesome or a complete suprise.

i kinda would love if it was curt hawkins as you could play it off his losing streak and bruan picks him to cause he wants to do it himself. have braun do all the work and curt comes in for the pin.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭montyrebel

is Samoa Joe not due back soon?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Cena posting old pictures of Taker on his Instagram account

If AJ is out there is only one man to take his WM spot and have the match against Nakamura and that is The American Dragon.

Well now I might just have been right.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45,594 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Well now I might just have been right.

But Nakamura won the Rumble, the prize of which is to get an opportunity at the title at Wrestlemania. Wouldn't make much sense for him to be denied that.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,829 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

But Nakamura won the Rumble, the prize of which is to get an opportunity at the title at Wrestlemania. Wouldn't make much sense for him to be denied that.

Nakamura would still get his shot against someone else for the vacant WWE championship.

If AJ was too injured to compete.

Daniel as GM strips AJ of the title as he can't compete and puts it on himself.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,113 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

Daniel as GM strips AJ of the title as he can't compete and puts it on himself.

Somewhat of a heel move. I dunno maybe he could set up a battle royale or something that he wins?

• Registered Users Posts: 45,594 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

I doubt Bryan's first match back will be for the WWE Title because that would come across like a heelish move. Winning a battle royal as Rjd2 says to either win the title or earn the right to face Nakamura for a vacant title would be more likely if that is their plan.

But I think what's far more likely is he'll team with Shane to face Owens and Zayn since they have been developing that story for months.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭HandsomeBob

Gods...Bryan and Shane v Sami and Owens wouldn't do much for me. Doesn't make any sense based on where the story has gone so far.

Gods...Bryan and Shane v Sami and Owens wouldn't do much for me. Doesn't make any sense based on where the story has gone so far.

Makes sense to me. They’ve teased decension between Bryan and Shane but have that as a switch and bait and have Bryan come out and say for harming Shane, Owens and Zayn need to be punished.

Have Owens and Zayn go to attack Bryan only for him to turn it around and get the upper hand and announce at WM Owens and Zayn will get what’s coming to them.

Loughc wrote: »
    Makes sense to me. They’ve teased decension between Bryan and Shane but have that as a switch and bait and have Bryan come out and say for harming Shane, Owens and Zayn need to be punished.

Have Owens and Zayn go to attack Bryan only for him to turn it around and get the upper hand and announce at WM Owens and Zayn will get what’s coming to them.

That'd be cool.....would have been even better had they not announced his clearance. :D

That'd be cool.....would have been even better had they not announced his clearance. :D

100%

But WWE is all about garnering social media interest and a slight increase in ratings over the element of surprise.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,113 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

There is no other obvious match for Bryan bar the tag match atm.

Cena is busy with Taker,and I don't really see how they can justify from a kayfabe POV adding him to the title match with Cena and Shin.

Sticking him in the US title feud or wrestling someone else doesn't make sense either.

It also highlights the lack of depth and lack of stars on that roster, but that's a debate for another day.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 530 ✭✭✭colmufc

As per the Lord's post in the news thread, things are looking dodgy again for AJ. Really hope he's ok.

Wonder what they could do if AJ has to be pulled. Draft in Roode? Somehow dick around with Shane/Zayn/Owens crap to accommodate Nak? Clear Bryan? :pac:

Handsome Bob
    Can I have the lotto numbers Il share promise
    'Heel turns' powerbombs Bob thru my money counting table

Now that Bryan will more likely be added to the Mania Card, It's really given the WM hype a new lease of life. Twitter was having nerdgasms all last night, it was gas!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,390 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Now that Bryan will more likely be added to the Mania Card, It's really given the WM hype a new lease of life. Twitter was having nerdgasms all last night, it was gas!

I personally thought it was one of the best cards I’ve seen in the last decade before Bryan was cleared. Now it’s shaping up to be one of the best of all time with the excitement surrounding his return. There’s a lot of high quality wrestling matches on this card that should make it a memorable event. Charlotte vs. Asuka could steal the show, I’m expecting it to be the finest women’s wrestling match in WWE history, it is on paper anyway. The IC title triple threat will be great if it gets enough time, and I don’t need to say a word about Styles vs. Nakamura. Even if AJ is injured on the night, I’d be surprised if it’s less than a 4 star match.

Yea it's a really stacked card, I'm all aboard the Mania Hype Train.

i think people are letting roman/brock main eventing again cloud what could be a great mania.

has the build perfect no i mean before last night smackdowns been a mess for months

but if you go down the list on paper its all good to possibly great matches except the us title match but could be ok if kept short

Taker/cena could be a mess if taker isnt in good shape like last year but id be confident of those two being able to put on a spectacle at least

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Do we think we’ll get American Bad Ass Biker Taker this year?

• Registered Users Posts: 38,455 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

MrMac84 wrote: »

its very possible but for me if this is to be the very last taker match it should be deadman taker as thats the taker we know best and we can all just forget about the leaving the hat/gloves in the ring thing

Kid Rock going into the HOF makes the possibilty of biker taker returning a bit likely but could just be a concidence and the gimmick wont return ???

Could they do something new and have it as Cena vs Mark 'Undertaker' Calloway and it will be the real person and not any gimmicks ???

Its mania at the end of the day and its hard not be excited and Bryan returing to the ring has given this a massive lift

colmufc wrote: »
    Handsome Bob
    Can I have the lotto numbers Il share promise
    'Heel turns' powerbombs Bob thru my money counting table

If only I could win the lotto myself chief!

My post was just taking the piss, I'm no ITK.....I'll leave that to other lads on here to declare themselves that. :pac:

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,523 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Loughc wrote:

Me too. Was down to work that night so have it booked off. Beer, takeaway and Mania night for Necro :D

• Advertisement

MrMac84 wrote: »

Yea i think we do with kid rock playing him down

Advertisement