Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Well, I guess it's goodbye then

Options
  • 16-01-2018 8:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 26

Received an email just now. Apart from the constant disconnections, Eir have now decided that my current plan is no longer good for me. Another price hike for appalling g service, low broadband speed (up to 25, actual 10) and no assistance when I need it. 

Yes, it's another 7 euros, getting me to around 68 euros for just broadband. I don't need a landline for calls, but you can't be without that, no option for just broadband without calls.. 

Have been looking and it would seem that Sky is about half for the first year and even after that, still cheaper. Anyone able to shed a light on the Sky service around the Rathdrum area?

Dear Eir, seeing as there are a lot of good deals around, how can you justify hiking the price time and again for loyal customers?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭Skyrimaddict

Spete wrote: »
    Received an email just now. Apart from the constant disconnections, Eir have now decided that my current plan is no longer good for me. Another price hike for appalling g service, low broadband speed (up to 25, actual 10) and no assistance when I need it. 

Yes, it's another 7 euros, getting me to around 68 euros for just broadband. I don't need a landline for calls, but you can't be without that, no option for just broadband without calls.. 

Have been looking and it would seem that Sky is about half for the first year and even after that, still cheaper. Anyone able to shed a light on the Sky service around the Rathdrum area?

Dear Eir, seeing as there are a lot of good deals around, how can you justify hiking the price time and again for loyal customers?
    Sky not to bad, but to be fair all these services providers are Sh1t nowadays

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭eir: Thomas

Hi Spete,

I am sorry to hear about the issues you've been having and I'm very sorry for any inconvenience caused.

The price increase would be subject to Eir doing more than any other operator in the market to invest in infrastructure, to provide new and innovative services and to offer real value to our customers. Over the last three years, we have invested €1 billion of our €1.5 billion investment commitment, and our high-speed fibre broadband rollout continues at pace.

Thanks

Thomas

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Spete

Hi Spete,

I am sorry to hear about the issues you've been having and I'm very sorry for any inconvenience caused.

The price increase would be subject to Eir doing more than any other operator in the market to invest in infrastructure, to provide new and innovative services and to offer real value to our customers. Over the last three years, we have invested €1 billion of our €1.5 billion investment commitment, and our high-speed fibre broadband rollout continues at pace.

Thanks

Thomas
    Thomas,

Thank you for your reply. As far as infrastructure goes, you seem to forget there is an area outside the big cities, who equally want (need) fast broadband. Another point, as stated is the reliability. It is very, very hard to find any information, when there are clearly issues. The only way I can see there are problems, is when I check DownDetector.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭eir: Thomas

Hi Spete,

Thanks

Thomas
    Thomas,

Thank you for your reply. As far as infrastructure goes, you seem to forget there is an area outside the big cities, who equally want (need) fast broadband. Another point, as stated is the reliability. It is very, very hard to find any information, when there are clearly issues. The only way I can see there are problems, is when I check DownDetector.
    Ok, no problem. I understand your frustrations at this time, once again I'm very sorry for any inconvenience caused.

Thanks

Thomas

Advertisement