Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Golf challenge log

Options
  • 16-01-2018 8:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭

After a good start to the year I’ve decided to log my golf bets to see what sort of profit I can turn at the end of the season .My bets are normally between €50 and €100 per week , most times I’ll place my bets on a Wednesday and let it ride till before the start of the 4th round , if I’ve done my dosh I try and find a saver on Sunday. I usually stick with the US tour as I can follow coverage better in the evening than I can with the European tour as it clashes with the day job... My picks are based entirely on my own hunches, as I haven’t found a tipping expert that’s giving any better advice than I can’t find myself . I only have 1 plan and that’s plan A ( take as much of the bookies money as you can ) there is no plan B .... I’ve added a few photos to prove my bets , I can’t promise winners , but hopefully there’s still more profit to come

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

Best of luck with it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,586 ✭✭✭4068ac1elhodqr

Nice results, but value tends to ebb away as it gets closer to the t-time.

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭Wftablueboy

Ok here goes this week ... career builder challenge tournament
    First of all I’m not a lover of 3 course rotation tournaments, I think it brings too many variables into the equation,ie the longest driver on one course may not transfer to 2nd and 3rd course , same with fairways hit . The only stat I’d look at this week is GIR , past winners of this tournament are a mixed bag ,on the last 7 years odds of winners were 100/1 ,200/1,125/1,80/1,135/1,30/1,40/1 and 66/1 so an average winning price of 97/1....I’ve 3 selections for this week ,if Chez Reavie could buy a putt I’d be all over him at 40/1 , his GIR is good and he was up there last week so form is good , another one in good form is Ben Martin and I think he’s overpriced @80/1 ,and 3rd choice is a man I was following last year and I think he’ll come good soon is Brandon Hagy @ 125/1
    Sky bet are paying first 7
    €15 ew Reavie @ 40/1
    €10 ew Martin @ 80/1
    €10 ew Hagy @ 125/1

Hagy was a non runner in this tournament so I had my €10 ew on Nick Watney instead

We’ll end of the first week , while all my 3 picks made it into the final round they never really threatened, as I said lm not a lover of 3 course rotation tournaments as you can be unlucky and be on the difficult course each day . As I said in the opening post if I’ve done my dosh I always try and find the Sunday saver ,there weren’t too many stand out choices before the start of round 4 and Rambo at 11/4 was the obvious choice ( although he gave the field enough chances to catch him ) . So the Sunday saver comes through, and I get more of the bookies money this week .........
    back to a proper tournament this week , I’ll study the field and post my bets on Wednesday

• Advertisement

Ok back to a proper golf tournament this week, Farmers at Torrie pines .....
    Good to see Tiger back and it will be interesting to see how he gets on , on a course where he has a great record . I always like “ horses for courses “ and this week there’s a fair few horses that like this course ....last weeks winner and the current holder of this tournament John Rahm is an obvious choice, but at 7/1 is too short against this field ,Tiger at 25/1 might be a huge price ,but you don’t know what you’re going to get , and same goes for Fowler and Day .So this week my picks are 2 time farmers winner Brant Snedicker ( a horse for the course and a course record holder ) at 50/1 , second pick is Ollie Sniderjans ( 9th here last year , took last week off and had a top 10 the previous week ) at 50/1 .My outsider for the week hasn’t won for so long it I won’t let that put me off .... Hunter Mahan put in 4 solid rounds last week for the first time in ages and boasts a couple of top 6 finishes in the farmers over the years, so I’m going to take a punt at 200/1 . Sky bet paying first 6 this week ,and my Sunday saver rules still apply.....

• Registered Users Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

Interesting to follow this, always tried to follow golf betting logs as I can't seem to build up enough knowledge myself to track form, course preference, conditions etc... Any chance you could post the Sunday Saver as you put it on / before the results though, always prefer to follow logs with bets up before results!

Changing tact this morning,I just think Rory’s too big . Hopefully I’ll be back later
    with a US selection

Rory was poor , well done to the winner , great birdie on 18 ...... Sunday saver .. Jason Day

5 days entertainment for the price of 4.....Who sleeps better tonight Jason or Alex ? We ll have to wait till later to find out , I know these late night play offs are playing havoc with my sleep .....Happy Monday :)

• Advertisement

Well there we go Sunday saver comes to the rescue again . Jason Day wins in a playoff , he was one that fell into the category of “ horses for courses “ having won it 3 years ago , but I couldn’t back him on Wednesday due to his recent form ( 22/1 at the start ) , but showed a return to form on fri/sat , so the 8/1 was a good price Sunday . Of my picks both mahan and sneds played the 4 rounds but never treathened, Ollie had a chronic back 9 on fri to miss the cut . Rory cost me a few quid on Sunday ( I really expected him to shoot 4 or 5 under) but Day winning gives me some more of the bookies money this week .

• Registered Users Posts: 862 ✭✭✭unplayable

very interested in this. have had some success betting golf but need to track it better. good luck ill keep an eye on the thread..

Wednesday again so here we go ... Phoenix waste golf , not your normal golf tournament ( I’m sure all the “suits” in the R&A go in to hiding this week ) loud,noisey beer swilling crowds shouting and roaring at every opportunity......Me personally, I love it
    It’s one of these events that you expect a certain type of player to win ,the likes of a Ricky Fowler / Bubba Watson that should revel in the athmosphere , but in saying that Matsuyama is the current 2 time holder .....he’s 9/1 JF this week and even though he finished strongly last week, I can’t back him , Other JF Speith has 2 top 10 finishes here 7th & 10th ,but he’s not for me this week ,and Rambo @10/1 was looking burnt out last Sunday and I think he needs a couple of weeks off .This is not a low scoring course normally -4 each day will win it ...
    A man I put in my book a couple of weeks ago was Scott Piercy and @66/1 is one of my choices this week , another is Harris English @55/1 showing a bit of form and finished 6th here last year .i backed Ollie last week and I’m afraid to leave him out this week so I might have a small bet on him .....
    Like I said at the start a certain type of player should win this so I’m sticking with Ricky @ 14/1

Ok no need to panic on Sunday, I think I’m already on the winner 😉 , anyway somebody’s going too come out of the pack and make a challenge... hopefully it’s Ollie , but I’m feeling quite confident in Ricky . I’m having a small ew placing on 2 that might make a charge, last weeks runner up Alex Norin and Chris Kirk are 2 golfers capable of making a Sunday charge , so €12.50 ew first 3 on both ,can’t upload screenshot, but I’m sure yiz will believe me ..... 50/1 Kirk and 80/1 Norin

Ok , AT&T pebble beach , another one of these 3 course rotation tournaments , you know my feelings on these , I’m not a fan as I said before too many variables. If I look at the first 5 in the betting there’s not a lot of value, Dustin at 6/1 is way too short ( if he’s still there Sunday,I’ll probably back him ) , is Day 100% ? , Rahm, I still think is playing too often , he’ll be burnt out before the masters .... Rory’s playing with his old man this week so I don’t think he takes it serious, and Speith just isn’t on song yet .... There’s no stand out bets for me this week, so I’ll dabble with a few outsiders JB Holmes has form in this and I think he’s over the debacle of 2 weeks ago so I’ll take him at 66/1 , Bubba @80/1 is overpriced, I like Vaughan Taylor this week ,and I’m going to give Nick Watney one more chance ,both at 100/1.
    Last week Ollie returned €85 ,meaning a small loss , I felt sorry for Chez , having tipped him up the previous week ....

Sunday saver Ted Potter , sure why not ??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,586 ✭✭✭4068ac1elhodqr

Good luck also to Harry Potter, went a magical -11 at one stage last night before falling back to a 62.
    The odds also went from the high hundreds into to 50^, then stayed at 25 for a good while, before seeing 10/1 at the close of R3.

^
    bB8hhIH.png

Well done Ted , comfortable win never in any real trouble. Plan A keeps rolling, I’ve taking a few quid off the bookies , enjoy the sucess,back to studying form tomorrow,see y’all Wednesday

• Registered Users Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭markc91

Cheers mate followed as was working tonight and watching it only got 4/1 but a win is a win

I’m late this week , so I’ll keep it simple Dustin is way too short at 9/2 ( bookies ought to be shot ) so I’m investing so of Ted Potters winnings on Justin Thomas @16’;s and Paul Casey @25’;s

• Advertisement
Advertisement