Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best Dublin airport bus service

• 16-01-2018 9:07pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,266 ✭✭✭

Searched but couldn't see anything..... anybody used any of the bus services from Limerick to Dublin airport & who would you recommend, is there anything between them at all or are they all pretty much the same?
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭Stellaluna

I’ve used Eireagle anytime I’ve gone by bus to Dublin Airport. It goes direct - it stops only at Arthur’s Quay and Castletroy and takes two and a half hours/two and three quarter hours. Book online and you get a cheaper fare than if you get a ticket when you turn up. I think other buses may be cheaper/more regular but the journey time/not stopping sell it for me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭dominatinMC

Would recommend Eireagle too, very good service. Drops you off right outside T1/T2. Some other services require that you change busses at the Red Cow, not that inconvenient but still...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,133 ✭✭✭Anonymagician

I would actually recommend Dublin Coach above Eireagle although it's just more convenient for me as it stops in UL. €15 to the airport (I think Eireagle is €25?)

You do have to change at the Red Cow but it's barely a change, the shuttle bus to the airport is always waiting for the Limerick bus to pull in and you just follow the crowd and hop right on it, no hassle. It's usually about two and a half hours.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,152 ✭✭✭✭Berty

The thing for some people is the access people can get to the luggage space beneath the bus. My mother for example won't use a bus that stops at all so instead of getting a taxi to Arthurs Quay gets the bus at the Dublin road because there are no stops after that.

I'm using the Dublin Coach myself tomorrow because of the frequent schedule but changing at the red cow is quite inconvenient for a lot of people.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,266 ✭✭✭naughtysmurf

Think I'll go with Eireagle, ten travelling, mix of adults & kids, working out at €290 so €29 return per person, not bad

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 768 ✭✭✭damowill

Think I'll go with Eireagle, ten travelling, mix of adults & kids, working out at €290 so €29 return per person, not bad

EirEagle is the most direct and convenient for sure. If money isnt an issue then go with them. I've always used Dublin Coach (Green Bus) if going to Dublin or the airport. Its half the price! €150 vs €290 in your case. You just have to change at the Red Cow but its not much of a hassle as the Airport bus is waiting for you. Also Dublin Coach go more regularly, very 30mins or so check your return flight to see which bus is more convenient... you dont want to be waiting in dublin airport for too long

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

another +1 for EirEagle - top class service

• Registered Users Posts: 968 ✭✭✭Sofa King

damowill wrote: »
    EirEagle is the most direct and convenient for sure. If money isnt an issue then go with them. I've always used Dublin Coach (Green Bus) if going to Dublin or the airport. Its half the price! €150 vs €290 in your case. You just have to change at the Red Cow but its not much of a hassle as the Airport bus is waiting for you. Also Dublin Coach go more regularly, very 30mins or so check your return flight to see which bus is more convenient... you dont want to be waiting in dublin airport for too long

Pending how many kids under 12 are travelling also, as Dublin Coach allow 2 x kids free under the age of 12 with every paying adult.

The OP could save a little fortune in the scheme of things.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,266 ✭✭✭naughtysmurf

Sofa King wrote: »
    Pending how many kids under 12 are travelling also, as Dublin Coach allow 2 x kids free under the age of 12 with every paying adult.

The OP could save a little fortune in the scheme of things.

Thanks,
    Just had a quick look there.... we've only one u12, €20 cheaper than the direct route with Eireagle overall

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 619 ✭✭✭arch_stanton

I highly recommend eireagle, apart from one cranky driver who doesn't like coffee on board and insists you pee sitting down :rolleyes:

Dublin Coach is a bit more frequent but you have the hassle of changing at the red cow and on several occasions coming I was stuck there for over an hour as the connecting buses coming out from the city centre were already full.

With Eireagle the coaches are generally newer and more comfortable, you hop on at the airport/arthurs quay and relax. They're also flexible, allowing you to take a later bus if your incoming flight is delayed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,504 ✭✭✭sioda

No comparison Eir eagle every time. Newer fleet working toilets cleaner buses and not being stuck in the red cow in the wind and rain. Have been caught out with full busses before coming from Dublin even with a online reservation.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,807 ✭✭✭Comhrá

Used Eir Eagle last summer and I was very happy with the service. I wouldn't look further to be honest.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,152 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Arrived to Kildare today to get the green bus and one was broken down and when mine arrived it was blue as the other green had broken down some other day.

Hmmm, wouldn't want a bus breaking down when you're on deadlines.

Typing from Blue Bus which is the green bus, just not today. Confusing for those going to be waiting for the blue bus at Arthur's Quay I'm guessing if they miss the glaring green sign in the window. People are mad.

Advertisement