Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

First time renter

Options
  • 16-01-2018 9:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 502 ✭✭✭

Hi there,

I have a few questions if you can help. The house I live in is owned by a relative. Currently, a friend is just after moving in to the spare room and I am looking to move home. I will be getting someone to take my room from now till May. From May onwards we will be airbnbing the house.

What do I (my relative) need to do in terms of legal responsibilities. Currently, most if not all of the bills are in my name. I am thinking it makes sense to switch them to the relatives names and not the new tenants name as it is short term. Also, it will make sense for the future to claim back against Airbnb taxes.

So is the best thing to say the rent includes the bills? What do I need to do to get set up legally? PRTB, contracts etc? Do i need to write up a contract stating its only till May?

Thanks

Advertisement