Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Under eye concealer

Options
  • 16-01-2018 9:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 751 ✭✭✭

Is there any under eye concealer to help erase circles under eyes.. Iv tried Clairns, MAC, maybelline, Laura mercier , urban decay And none have wowed me. The catrice one is very good but not very long lasting I find. Any recommendations:)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭njs030

Bourjois radiance reveal is amazing!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,767 ✭✭✭GingerLily

Catrice and Nars creamy concealer are about as good as you get, how are you setting your concealer? That will affect its staying power.

I'd recommend KVD lock it loose powder and the RCMA powder, they're both ultra fine.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

I love the Nars Creamy Concealer, think it's worth the price.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,894 ✭✭✭Triceratops Ballet

Benefit, Bo-ing brightening concealer it used to be called erase paste. It's my fave!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,396 ✭✭✭Sunny Dayz

I've tried so many concealers!! None of them I've found have completely hidden my dark circles but many do minimise them. I use two concealers. I use the NYX yellow tone concealer, apply it to my dark circles after foundation, let it set for a minute and then bend. I then apply my eye make up and after that I use another concealer, the Catrice one is my holy grail but NYX is also good. I apply a good layer of the concealer under my eyes, again let it set for a minute then blend in and set with a translucent powder. My routine doesn't preform miracles for me unfortunately but does a good job of minimising them.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,372 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

Catrice is really good & so cheap. Even available in Penney’s!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 43 beautyobsessed

Benefit, Bo-ing brightening concealer it used to be called erase paste. It's my fave!
    I can second that - was just about to say!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,256 ✭✭✭metaoblivia

I think setting the concealer is important, as others have mentioned. Also, have you considered using an under eye primer? Smashbox has one that's worked well for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,953 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

Ciarrai76 wrote: »
    Catrice is really good & so cheap. Even available in Penney’s!

Is it the Catrice pen concealer thats good?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,767 ✭✭✭GingerLily

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭confusticated

I like the collection lasting perfection liquid one. Used to use boi-ing but found it settled into the lines around my eyes too much. It did cover the dark circles though!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,372 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

Is it the Catrice pen concealer thats good?

No, the liquid camouflage one. The same as the one in the link above.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,953 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭aidom

If the issue is dark circles rather than bags, a colour correcter under a concealer works best.

If you've got typical Irish pale skin then you need a peach sort of colour. I'm using one from pixi but loads of brands have them.

The concealer in your own skin tone can go on top.

It's the only thing that's worked for me apart from putting on thick layers that just ends up creasing.

• Registered Users Posts: 439 ✭✭Salthillprom

Gal44 wrote: »
    Is there any under eye concealer to help erase circles under eyes.. Iv tried Clairns, MAC, maybelline, Laura mercier , urban decay And none have wowed me. The catrice one is very good but not very long lasting I find. Any recommendations:)

A concealer isn’t going to work on its own if you aren’t doing a colour correction first. MAC have great liquid colour correctors which will negate the dark circles and you can then conceal on top of that.

Advertisement