Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Credit union

• 16-01-2018 9:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 46

Partner had account in cu. We loved at separate addresses. He asked for a big loan and was refused unless I also signed for it. (I had no account there and was made open one the same day as the application) his own personal loan was put on top of the sum. So as my partner went there every week he carried on and paid the loan weekly. We have kids so I would pay for shopping and other bills while he paid the cu. I often asked to change it to dd but he was happy with going there weekly.
    I never received any statement or anything from the cu in all this time.
    Fast forward and we have split up, I need a car so rang bank. Seems I cannot get credit due to a blocked account?! I rang himself and he admitted he hadn't paid the loan for a while or else paid smaller payments. I'm so annoyed and now my credit rating is screwed. Is rhere anything i can do about this? I assume this loan has now hit massive arrears and I need to make an app to meet them but have I a leg to stand on as I have never received notification about it not being paid. I don't want to be tied to this with him as I obviously can't trust him to pay his share, is there anything I can do? Thanks

Advertisement