Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

ACCA - Help P5 or P7

• 16-01-2018 10:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 20

Please help!!!

I have one exam left and don't know which to do! P5 or P7!

After attempting P5 3 times and failing twice by only 2% i decided to try Audit!

I have just failed audit for the 2nd time (only got 41% in dec 2017) and i do not know which to try in March.

my instinct is to do P5 again but the pass rates are always much lower. Thats partly why i changed to audit but now i can't decide which to do and i am on the verge of just giving up completely.

i went to lectures for P5 in 2016 and Audit last year 2017 so i have lecture notes but also thinking of taking courses again.

any guidance at all would be greatly appreciated. :)
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 46 CluanBomb

I just passed P7 in September 54%, December passed P5 67% to finish.

P7 was through Shaun Browne, excellent lecturer, subject was difficult but he gives you the tools to pass it.

P5 was self study so I would say it's an easier subject but then again the pass rate was 29% in December.

I found the key to P5 was not to overlearn the theory off by heart like other exams.
    I started by learning as much about the examiner and what he wants as possible. There are good articles on the ACCA site where he commentates on the past students answers line by line.

I then got a set of revision notes , ones handed out for a revision weekend, and just used these as my lecture notes referring back to the study text when needed only.

I also focused more on technical articles than I did on previous subjects. I read them all where some subjects I hardly used them at all.
    Past paper questions after that.

The above worked well for me for P5. I would rather sit that again than P7.

Everyone has different strengths but I'd advise P5.

Advertisement