Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best time to buy the license

Options
  • 16-01-2018 11:04pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,464 ✭✭✭

Going getting a license this year, I'll really only be trout fishing but might go for a few sea trout in summer.

What's the best month to get it to get full value out of it? Is it a 12 month thing or Calendar year

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,166 ✭✭✭✭Zzippy

You can get one for the season, or for 21 days or 1 day. If you were only going to fish sea trout for a couple of weeks the 21 day at €40 might be better value than the season licence (€56 for one district or €100 for national licence), but if you'll be fishing over a couple of months the season licence is definitely the better option. It lasts until the end of the season (last day for sea trout on any river in ROI is October 12th). Most rivers close September 30th.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,551 ✭✭✭SeaFields

You are really restricted with the 21 day one. I have a feeling it is something more aimed at tourists. Get the seasonal one. If you are sure you won't be traveling the district will do you. And if the opportunity did come up for a day away sure buy the day one for the other district and factor the price of that into any trip.

I will be buying mine fairly soon and I might chance seatrout from the beaches here in Kerry but there have been years where I have just picked one up in mid July once I heard the seatrout were up in my local river,

Advertisement