Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Weekend in Cork

Options
  • 17-01-2018 12:47am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,994 ✭✭✭

Hello

Heading to Cork for 2 nights in the coming weeks, heading down with the OH and looking for a few things to do.

We were thinking of going to the Franciscan Well Brewery Tour - But i heard they only do tours Mon-Fri is that true??

Also heard of a spot called Barcadia, a pub, restaurant & arcade, anyone ever been? Is it any good?

Anything else to do? Anything nice to see around the city?

Any and all suggestions welcomed

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,455 ✭✭✭TheChizler

Had a great night in Barcadia last week. Basic bar with a load of classic arcade games set up. Decent food on the menu too, think it's the same chef as Holy Smoke which is in the same complex and I will always highly recommend.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,034 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

TheChizler wrote: »
    Had a great night in Barcadia last week. Basic bar with a load of classic arcade games set up. Decent food on the menu too, think it's the same chef as Holy Smoke which is in the same complex and I will always highly recommend.

What's the cost of the games?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,455 ✭✭✭TheChizler

What's the cost of the games?
    Buy tokens at the bar, each game is 1 token. 10 tokens for €5 or 22 (IIRC) for €10.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,994 ✭✭✭c.p.w.g.w

TheChizler wrote: »
    Buy tokens at the bar, each game is 1 token. 10 tokens for €5 or 22 (IIRC) for €10.

That seems fairly good value

• Registered Users Posts: 11 moldi

I would really recommend the Iberian Way (Spanish cuisine) on Douglas Street if you want to eat out. Don't get fooled by the looks of the place - food is absolutely brilliant there and I have lived in Spain for quite a while!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,994 ✭✭✭c.p.w.g.w

moldi wrote: »
    I would really recommend the Iberian Way (Spanish cuisine) on Douglas Street if you want to eat out. Don't get fooled by the looks of the place - food is absolutely brilliant there and I have lived in Spain for quite a while!

Oh that sounds great...

But the OH is very fussy...do they have an up to date menu online?

• Registered Users Posts: 11 moldi

c.p.w.g.w wrote: »
    Oh that sounds great...

But the OH is very fussy...do they have an up to date menu online?

They change the menu on a weekly basis so np menu online I am afraid. This being said, I am sure you'll find something ye'll both like there.

Advertisement