Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PSA: Need help? Just ask.

Options
  • 17-01-2018 12:54am
    Registered Users Posts: 988 ✭✭✭

Guys.

The exchanges are being slaughtered. There may be some people on here who have over invested or over extended themselves. If you need help or feel under any mental distress please contact a loved one, the samaritans (number is 116 123) or even just post on here.

Crypto goes down. It will bounce back.

Don't do anything silly. It's just money.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,795 ✭✭✭✭banie01

I'm not a fan of your usual "the sky is falling" posting style Brendan.
    But...
    This is a post I can support.
    I hope noone finds themselves so adrift due to this correction that they may need it.
    But if they do, thanks foe sharing the details.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭lifeandtimes

A word to the wise.

The markets have been like this before,numerous times, they came back swinging.

Things get worse before the get better and this needed to happen to stabilise the market

Crypto is here to stay whether we/the governments/ alien overlords like it or not

HODL (Hold on for dear life)

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

wj47ppze41qz.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,195 ✭✭✭ZeroThreat

ED E wrote: »
    wj47ppze41qz.jpg

Total portfolio is still x 4 times original investment. No problems here.

Getting some nice bargains, so I actually feel in good form right now.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Today vs 2013..... 12,000 vs 128 USD. Yeah, we cool!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭fran426ft

Good post. I'm down a lot more than I expected I'd be and have to admit it's a stressful time. For me it's not money I want to lose but could afford to if I did.

I have to admit I've felt I haven't been able to talk to my wife about this as when I had previously told her I had invested a small amount and was down in the December dip her initial reaction was I was gambling with our money and asked me to sell at a loss, which I did only to regret as things recovered right after. Probably feeling a bit guilty that she is right again at the monent and I should not have tried again. She knows I've more money invested but not how much.

The posts on here from people who have been through it before give encouragement that it will rebound. Unfortunately negative posts, while they add some balances, are not so reassuring.

For anyone else who might have had a sleepless night you're not alone.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,396 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

Isn't this what crypto does? If you're not expecting such corrections or capable of dealing with such corrections then you should probably just cash out altogether for your own health.

• Registered Users Posts: 651 ✭✭✭Nika Bolokov

If anyone is down be open and chat to people about it. Don't tell nobody and bottle it all up.

They will have helpful advice and it's healthy to get perspectives other than those in an internet forum especially on the merits of putting in even more money.

Buying this stuff can be addictive , checking it multiple times a day etc so there is no shame if you have become over extended. It's perfectly acceptable to walk away.

Those posting about making a fortune or buying more on the internet may actually own nothing.

When you see memes and sale comments remember posters don't think about everyone's personal circumstances when they encourage people to put more money into this.

Take a step back and discuss with a close friend or family member where you are and how you should go forward. If you can't there is a great link in the first post.

Talk it through and don't pay too much attention to the Yoda Memes over your family

Advertisement