Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Back to Work Enterprise Allowance after graduating?

Options
  • 17-01-2018 4:10am
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Summer 2018 I will be graduating from UL with a degree in Exercise and Health Fitness. The entire final year has been based around management with the final year project being a comprehensive business plan. I am hoping to set up my own personal training business from home soon after the semester is over. I'm currently on the Back to Education allowance and have recently read about the Back to Work Enterprise Allowance. The information states that to qualify you have to have been getting x payment for x amount of time. It mentions several different payments but the back to education is not included. I know it's for people that have been on social welfare for over 12 months, but am wondering if it only applies if you haven't been in education during that time. I'm hoping I qualify as it would really help out in what will undoubtedly be a slow first few months while I attempt to build up a client base. Any information on the situation would be very helpful. Thanks in advance.

Advertisement