Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

work in Australia

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Kevin_Mc_G

Sorry for sort of starting a new topic on this thread but I seems semi-relavent and the info so far has been super useful.

My Girlfriend and I are going to go to Melbourne in Feb/March 2019 on a WHV. I have a brother who lives there, been there for 10 years and is a resident now and I also have an uncle who lives there to, he's been there for 30 years.

I have a degree in Agri-Environmental Science and have worked in Ireland for the pact two years for an a an Agricultural Consultant (A job that is actually on the Skilled List). Ideally I would like to get a Job as an Agricultural consultant/Environmental Consultant. Is there may jobs like this in Melbourne? And do employers hire yo if you are on a Work Holiday Visa?

I would prefer not to get a job in construction or labor but if I had to I would if necessary.

Thanks for all the help!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,201 ✭✭✭carrollsno1

Kevin_Mc_G wrote: »
    Sorry for sort of starting a new topic on this thread but I seems semi-relavent and the info so far has been super useful.

My Girlfriend and I are going to go to Melbourne in Feb/March 2019 on a WHV. I have a brother who lives there, been there for 10 years and is a resident now and I also have an uncle who lives there to, he's been there for 30 years.

I have a degree in Agri-Environmental Science and have worked in Ireland for the pact two years for an a an Agricultural Consultant (A job that is actually on the Skilled List). Ideally I would like to get a Job as an Agricultural consultant/Environmental Consultant. Is there may jobs like this in Melbourne? And do employers hire yo if you are on a Work Holiday Visa?

I would prefer not to get a job in construction or labor but if I had to I would if necessary.

Thanks for all the help!!

Lots of dairying going on around victoria, might be a start in a pathway to consulting. On a WHV at the minute cropping in WA , its a big country i wouldnt settle in one spot if you can avoid it for the first year, theb look into settling in a spot on tbe second year.

Better living everyone

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Oneplus

Hi all,

I'm looking to head to Sydney and was wondering if anyone had contacts for a position in construction project management.

Engineer/manager with 5 years experience between tier 1 contractors and local government.

Advertisement