Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Requirements to prove continuous driving history

Options
  • 17-01-2018 12:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭

Hi there,

I've just bought my first car and now am facing into the daunting task of insurance. I passed my test back in late October 2017 but exclusively using the instructors car.

I was previously named as a driver on my mum's policy for three separate stints:
    - For a year 10 years ago
    - For two years 4 years ago (during which I failed my first attempt at the test)
    - For a year 2 years ago

For the majority of the above periods, for one reason or another I ultimately didn't have the chance to get a lot of driving done. Finally last year I blocked off the time I needed and got the test done, but not while insured on any car.

Does the above time periods as a named driver count for NCB? Or will they only accept it if its over the previous years and without interruption?

Thanks,

Advertisement