Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Next CPU upgrade

Options
  • 17-01-2018 12:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I'm currently running a 3570K OC'd to 4.3Ghz. Recently bought a GTX 1080 GamingX and 144Hz 1440p monitor. Predominately playing PUBG and achieving 100+ frames with drops to ~80 in busy cities. Will probably pick up some VR set this year also.

Obviously not urgent to upgrade yet as doing fine but have some extra cash so considering modernising some parts to future proof for another few years. I know it'd mean additional cost of a new Mobo and DDR4 also.

What would you recommend upgrading to next CPU-wise? (within 6 months)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

A 3770K would be pretty cheap and give you a fine boost for little money with no hassle of changing board/ram etc. OC it to the same speed or above and you've still got a very good gaming CPU. Maybe €160-180 for CPU, and €60 back for the 3570.

That said, to see the most from 144hz monitor, an Intel Coffee Lake would be ideal. An i5-8600 would be good, but it depends on your budget. Also new Ryzen CPUs due shortly - though for PUBG Intel is much better then Ryzen, and especially on a 144hz monitor.

Advertisement