Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Family insurance - EU national

• 17-01-2018 1:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hello,
    I recently relocated to Dublin with my wife and 3 year old kid.
    I am working without insurance because I'm still on probation period.
    What I need to know is what kind of insurance would cover my and my family's exams or/and hospital visits? Since my job doesn't provide this, then what do I do?

I have PPS and I am already on Normal Tax Status in Revenue.
    My wife doesn't work at the moment. Is there any service for low-income families?
    I would appreciate your help cause I feel kind of lost here.

Thank you!

Regards,
    Panos

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,485 ✭✭✭harr

You have a choice of using the public health services or paying a large premium for health insurance.
    If you need exams or referral from a GP you will have a significant wait unfortunately if using public health services.
    If you are a low paid worker I would put in for a medical card.
    Without a medical card you will have to pay for all doctor visits and even with private health insurance you are only covered for part cost of a GP visit.

Advertisement