Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Transferring funds to Debit Card

Options
  • 17-01-2018 1:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 20

If I transfer funds to my Visa Debit Card, then would it be credited to my Current Account. 
    If the funds are in USD, then would it be converted to EUR and credited. 

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 991 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Darren

ananth1978 wrote: »
    If I transfer funds to my Visa Debit Card, then would it be credited to my Current Account. 
    If the funds are in USD, then would it be converted to EUR and credited. 

Hi ananth1978,

Thanks for getting in contact with us through Boards.

Any transfers made into your account either through your Visa Debit card details or through your IBAN and BIC would be converted directly into euro upon reaching your account no matter what currency they were originally sent in and you would receive the exchange rate on the day that they were received by us.

Thanks again,
    Darren.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 ananth1978

Thanks Darren for the quick reply. 

I've another query. I sent 1000 EUR to my account and only received 992.50. Is there a EUR 7.50 fee for incoming transfers? The funds were converted to EUR and then sent to BOI. 

Thanks Darren for the quick reply. 

I've another query. I sent 1000 EUR to my account and only received 992.50. Is there a EUR 7.50 fee for incoming transfers? The funds were converted to EUR and then sent to BOI. 

Thanks for getting in back to us ananth1978.
    Any fees that we would charge on incoming or out going transactions would show on your account as a separate transaction and wouldn't effect the amount of the transaction itself. 
    For this reason I'd ask you to confirm if this was a fee from the bank sending the funds or they'll also be able to confirm if the use an intermediary bank to make transfers abroad and if they charge any fees.

Thanks again,
    Darren.   

• Registered Users Posts: 20 ananth1978

Hi Darren,

Yes. Now, I can see a charge "(my account name) CHRP GP" for EUR 7.50. How is this calculated?

Thx

Hi Darren,

Yes. Now, I can see a charge "(my account name) CHRP GP" for EUR 7.50. How is this calculated?

Thx

Perfect, thanks for confirming that with me.
    For payments coming into your account in Euro from outside the E.U. the following charges would apply:
    For an amount of €65.00 and under there is no charge.
    Over €65.00 up to €150.00 there is a charge of €5.00 per payment.
    Over €150.00 up to €1500 there is a charge of €7.50 per payment.
    Over €1500 there is a charge of €12.50.

Thanks again for getting in touch with us here.
    Darren.

• Advertisement

Hi Darren,

Thx

Perfect, thanks for confirming that with me.
    For payments coming into your account in Euro from outside the E.U. the following charges would apply:
    For an amount of €65.00 and under there is no charge.
    Over €65.00 up to €150.00 there is a charge of €5.00 per payment.
    Over €150.00 up to €1500 there is a charge of €7.50 per payment.
    Over €1500 there is a charge of €12.50.

Thanks again for getting in touch with us here.
    Darren.

Advertisement