Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

eFibre installation.

Options
  • 17-01-2018 2:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭

Been here before - the story continues.
    Had a sales guy call end Sept & signed up for eFibre & TV. Provisional install date was given for 10/10/17.
    KN engineer called 06/10, couldn't carry out the job, said some tree cutting needed to be done.
    10/10 three KN engineers called to cut trees & carry out install. They said that the growth was too heavy & Eir would be sending some guys with more substantial equipment to sort out the trees, then they would return to complete carry out the job.
    17/10 txt. from Eir informing me that provisional install date was now set for 13/11.
    No show on the 13/11, contacted Eir c/s, told provisional install date was now 08/12.
    Once again no show on scheduled date, called Eir once again, provisional date now sometime in January.
    Called Eir again after no show on the scheduled date in January, now told provisional date set for March.
    Now here's the thing, at the time that I was sold the package, three or more other households in my area have been hooked up to eFibre (two of whom are working from the same pole & FTTH box that my fibre cable would be coming from) As it stands my provisional install date is scheduled for six months after the contract was signed.
    This is unacceptable.
    Your consideration would be much appreciated.
    PS: Line check says 1000mb speed available to my address.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭eir: Thomas

Been here before - the story continues.
    Had a sales guy call end Sept & signed up for eFibre & TV. Provisional install date was given for 10/10/17.
    KN engineer called 06/10, couldn't carry out the job, said some tree cutting needed to be done.
    10/10 three KN engineers called to cut trees & carry out install. They said that the growth was too heavy & Eir would be sending some guys with more substantial equipment to sort out the trees, then they would return to complete carry out the job.
    17/10 txt. from Eir informing me that provisional install date was now set for 13/11.
    No show on the 13/11, contacted Eir c/s, told provisional install date was now 08/12.
    Once again no show on scheduled date, called Eir once again, provisional date now sometime in January.
    Called Eir again after no show on the scheduled date in January, now told provisional date set for March.
    Now here's the thing, at the time that I was sold the package, three or more other households in my area have been hooked up to eFibre (two of whom are working from the same pole & FTTH box that my fibre cable would be coming from) As it stands my provisional install date is scheduled for six months after the contract was signed.
    This is unacceptable.
    Your consideration would be much appreciated.
    PS: Line check says 1000mb speed available to my address.
    Hi Machinehead,

I'm very sorry to hear about the ongoing issues you've been having with your order, I understand this is frustrating.

Feel free to PM me your account details and full name, I would be happy to look into this for you.

Thanks

Thomas

• Registered Users Posts: 22,242 ✭✭✭✭jake is right

I had exactly the same problems, except in my case I had to get and pay a contractor to cut the tree.    On the next visit by (the same) installer, he discovered (surprise, surprise) that he needed a high lift vehicle, and there wasn't one available !  After two more "no shows" my patience ran out, and I ordered fibre from another supplier, and had it installed in seven days.  I would also like to say that on the initial visit by the Eir salesman, he blatantly lied to me by saying that the fibre service was only available fro them.    This was my only reason for ordering from them, as I had numerous problems with them during a contract ten years ago.  Must be candidates for Ireland's worst customer service.

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Machinehead

For me the trees aren't my issue, they're on someone else's property. Re 3rd. party provider for fibre, I was under the impression that all other providers worked from Eir's fibre lines - no fire line no fibre. So if I go to Vodafone or Sky they're dependant on the fact that Eir have the works done first. Rock & a hard place. Bar the few people that already have their eFibre up and running, there are also a few who cancelled installs due to 'messing around' with the install process.

Yes, Eir own the lines, but that doesn't restrict you from ordering from another supplier.    In my case, I went with Pure Telecom, whom I can recommend, having used them for phone line for the past ten years.

For me the trees aren't my issue, they're on someone else's property. Re 3rd. party provider for fibre, I was under the impression that all other providers worked from Eir's fibre lines - no fire line no fibre. So if I go to Vodafone or Sky they're dependant on the fact that Eir have the works done first. Rock & a hard place. Bar the few people that already have their eFibre up and running, there are also a few who cancelled installs due to 'messing around' with the install process.
    I have received your PM, I will get back to you soon.

Thanks

Tracey

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Machinehead

Yes, Eir own the lines, but that doesn't restrict you from ordering from another supplier.    In my case, I went with Pure Telecom, whom I can recommend, having used them for phone line for the past ten years.
    Understood, but if you want to order fibre from anyone other than Eir, there's no one stopping you but don't Eir have to run the cables to the house first. The other telecoms piggyback on Eir's infrastructure. AFIK no one other than Eir or Siro (who are covering urban areas) are running overhead fibre cables.

The cables and complete installation are done for both companys by KM.   The guy who made the several unsuccessful attempts for Eir was the same guy who did installation on behalf of Pure Telecom in just over an hour !   Let me know your progress.

Understood, but if you want to order fibre from anyone other than Eir, there's no one stopping you but don't Eir have to run the cables to the house first. The other telecoms piggyback on Eir's infrastructure. AFIK no one other than Eir or Siro (who are covering urban areas) are running overhead fibre cables.
    I have replied to your PM.

Thanks

Thomas

Advertisement