Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How do I unsubscribe from text messages from eirMobile?

Options
  • 17-01-2018 2:07pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 14

I was on a holiday and got 9 (in words: NINE!) times the same message from eirMobile. Unfortunately, the option of unsubscribing was not available, neither could I block eirMobile due the sender not having a number.

Why 9 times? Does eir think that I am suffering from alsheimers disease and need constant reminders? 

I do NOT wish to receive any more of those messages "Welcome to ..., Your calls and texts can be used in all EU countries..., etc.", I do not wish to receive any of those messages ever again, I know the contents and won't forget it for the rest of my life.

How do I unsubscribe?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭eir: Thomas

annoyance wrote: »
    I was on a holiday and got 9 (in words: NINE!) times the same message from eirMobile. Unfortunately, the option of unsubscribing was not available, neither could I block eirMobile due the sender not having a number.

Why 9 times? Does eir think that I am suffering from alsheimers disease and need constant reminders? 

I do NOT wish to receive any more of those messages "Welcome to ..., Your calls and texts can be used in all EU countries..., etc.", I do not wish to receive any of those messages ever again, I know the contents and won't forget it for the rest of my life.

How do I unsubscribe?
    Hi annoyance,

I'm very sorry to hear of this, I apologise for any inconvenience caused.

Please feel free to PM me your full name and account number, I would be happy to look into this for you

Thanks

Thomas

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 annoyance

Thanks for your reply. I will not give you any details before I know that this is possible. And, as I know, it is not possible to unsubscribe. I really would be grateful if eir support staff would look into the issue first before they asked for details.

I tried the chat - really annoying and unpleasant experience due to the fact that the person did not read my messages properly before replying.

I tried to ring 1905 and the person was very pleasant and tried to help but could not due to the fact that it is not possible to unsubscribe from those messages. Why asking for my personal details? The information is not account related. It only would become account related if an unsubscription would be possible and only then I happily would provide my personal details.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭eir: Thomas

annoyance wrote: »
    Thanks for your reply. I will not give you any details before I know that this is possible. And, as I know, it is not possible to unsubscribe. I really would be grateful if eir support staff would look into the issue first before they asked for details.

I tried the chat - really annoying and unpleasant experience due to the fact that the person did not read my messages properly before replying.

I tried to ring 1905 and the person was very pleasant and tried to help but could not due to the fact that it is not possible to unsubscribe from those messages. Why asking for my personal details? The information is not account related. It only would become account related if an unsubscription would be possible and only then I happily would provide my personal details.
    I requested your details to review your account and ensure everything is in working order, obviously its completely up to yourself and do not have to provide me with them. I am simply trying to assist you.

In regards to the messages in question, it is not possible to unsubscribe from them. These messages are generated automatically by a system, rather than the messages being sent individually from an agent.

Once again, apologies for any inconvenience caused.

Thanks

Thomas

Advertisement