Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Early Energia Contract Cancellation due to change in price

Options
  • 17-01-2018 2:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 773 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Sorry if this is the wrong forum for this, but I am wondering since I received notice that energia is increasing their rates is that grounds to get out of my contract, and switch providers, without having to pay an early cancellation fee as they are in essence altering the original contract by increasing the price.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,490 ✭✭✭amtc

No.

I would think that you're thinking of telecoms contracts where this is the case but not for energy

• Registered Users Posts: 3,991 ✭✭✭spaceHopper

I would say ring them tell them you want to be released from the contract as they have changed the terms. See what they say.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,524 ✭✭✭✭ted1

amtc wrote: »
    No.

I would think that you're thinking of telecoms contracts where this is the case but not for energy
    No, it applies to any contract where there is a change. By increasing prices they are changing the contract

• Registered Users Posts: 773 ✭✭✭#Smokey#

ted1 wrote: »
    No, it applies to any contract where there is a change. By increasing prices they are changing the contract

Thanks I will give them a call and see what they say.

Advertisement