Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving after Junior cert

Options
  • 17-01-2018 3:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

So I'm planning to drop out after JC and I want to know if I have to do anything like tell my teacher, sign something or anything like that?Please don't try convince me to stay. Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,222 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

What age will you be?

If you are under 18, have you told your parents of your plan?
    Have you actually thought about what you will do for money?

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Random74

I'm gonna be 16 soon. Yes I've told my parents what I'm gonna go and I know what I'm gonna do for money.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,222 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

You don't have to sign anything. As a courtesy you should tell your school you will not be back this September.

You may well come back to education in the future. The wages you can earn with just a JC tend to be quite limited.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Random74

thank you so much for the answer

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 224 ✭✭donaldtramp

Random74 wrote: »
    thank you so much for the answer

Unless you have an apprenticeship organized, I can tell you this is a really terrible idea.

• Advertisement
Advertisement