Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Roman Reigns rumors

Options
  • 17-01-2018 2:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 60,698 ✭✭✭✭

I see a convicted steroid dealer is naming Roman as one of his clients.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,133 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Current or from when he was given the vacation?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

Roman could be rightly screwed here.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

i think it was a fat burner that he failed on.

i wonder if that doctor is linked to his football days

• Registered Users Posts: 60,698 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Forbes just did a piece on it.
    Roman Reigns has been named as an alleged client of jailed steroid distributor Robert Rodriguez, whose Miami-based Wellness Fitness Nutrition, LLC (WFN) was raided by the Drug Enforcement Agency (DEA) in February of last year as part of a year-long investigation.

The sinister organization, which was taken down in a scandal that has largely flown under the radar in the national media, is being compared to the Bay Area Laboratory Co-operative (BALCO), which was linked to several high-profile athletes including Jason Giambi, Marion Jones, Bill Romanowski and Barry Bonds.

According to the United States Attorney's Office, WFN's client list included "at least 50 customers in the Eastern District of New York," in a massive ring that made at least $10 million in the distribution of illicit anabolic steroids.

Of the 50 customers, Rodriguez—who is currently in prison—recently came forward to specifically name Hollywood stars Josh Duhamel, Mark Wahlberg and WWE Superstar Roman Reigns as part of an exclusive interview with filmmaker Jon Bravo.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/alfredkonuwa/2018/01/17/wwes-roman-reigns-implicated-in-10-million-steroid-ring/#dcccca033b49

Robert Rodriguez? Clearly named him as revenge for him not signing with Lucha Underground.

What happened the last time a number of guys were named? I can't remember. Think Rey Mysterio was on that list

• Advertisement

https://twitter.com/davemeltzerWON/status/953684197054361601

Guess dave is right without proof this could be a nothing story without the proof

Yeah, but it's still really bad publicity wise.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,455 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

idiotic by reigns if true and could really change mania if they have to suspend him

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,829 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

PTH2009 wrote: »
    idiotic by reigns if true and could really change mania if they have to suspend him

Yea change Mania for the better.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,463 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Somewhere Brawn is crossing his fingers.

Like, I know innocent till proven guilty...but you'd think there'd be sexier names than reigns if your many was just looking for publicity.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45,594 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

If Reigns were to go down it would probably mean Strowman vs HHH in the main event for the title. I can't think of a more awful scenario. Give me Roman and Brock over that all day long.

Anyway, I don't see much to this story. Some guy in jail is looking for some attention and throwing around some names. Without evidence or a paper trail this is just a wild claim that I suspect will be ignored.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭HandsomeBob

Would be interesting to see what were to happen if it's something to pay attention to (I don't think it is mind). When they were seemingly forced into a corner for WM30, changing their plans for the main event was for the better. Bryan was the man.

If Reigns was out I'd have doubts about who could legitimately face Brock as they've spent the year not bothering their arse to build anyone outside of.Roman and Braun.

Braun is entertaining but I'm not sure if he's at the level to close the show yet. He's been beat once by Brock and will likely be exiting RR empty handed again.

Could see John v Brock as a legit main event. Maybe Batista v Brock. That's a pretty sad indictment of things.

If he drops the IC belt to The Miz on RAW 25 that will just add fuel to the fire.

The filmmaker speaking with him and the names are dropped here. 4;30 is where he names Roman.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,455 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Would be interesting to see what were to happen if it's something to pay attention to (I don't think it is mind). When they were seemingly forced into a corner for WM30, changing their plans for the main event was for the better. Bryan was the man.

If Reigns was out I'd have doubts about who could legitimately face Brock as they've spent the year not bothering their arse to build anyone outside of.Roman and Braun.

Braun is entertaining but I'm not sure if he's at the level to close the show yet. He's been beat once by Brock and will likely be exiting RR empty handed again.

Could see John v Brock as a legit main event. Maybe Batista v Brock. That's a pretty sad indictment of things.

they could go with Taker vs Lesner

Taker out to get revenge in the same building the streak ended to the man that ended it !!!!

Cena vs Lesner, Goldberg vs Lesner 4, Batista vs Lesner, Strowman vs Lesner

poor Roman could be ****ed if he causes a complete rewrite of mania

Its all about how much mainstream media attentionit gets and with whalberg attached its very possible to happen

• Registered Users Posts: 86,713 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

sky88 wrote: »
    Its all about how much mainstream media attentionit gets and with whalberg attached its very possible to happen

Mark Wahlberg not getting great press lately over getting more money for movie reshoots but he did donate it all

I am more shocked at Josh Duhamel, when or what did he beef up for, Fergie leaving :p

Roman as the face of WWE will be reigned in now

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Mark Wahlberg not getting great press lately over getting more money for movie reshoots but he did donate it all

I am more shocked at Josh Duhamel, when or what did he beef up for, Fergie leaving :p

Roman as the face of WWE will be reigned in now

Beefing up in case Ben comes after him for trying it on with Jennifer Garner.

If he drops the IC belt to The Miz on RAW 25 that will just add fuel to the fire.

Maybe Miz winning is the plan but because of this they change to Roman winning to show they're behind him.

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Maybe Miz winning is the plan but because of this they change to Roman winning to show they're behind him.

Lets be honest they have been doubling down on Roman for the last 3 years no matter a little steroid scandal isn't going to stop that I would even imagine if pictures of him sticking needles in his ass appeared he would still stand tall at WM.

Roman's statement.
    "I have never heard of Richard Rodriguez or Wellness Fitness Nutrition," the statement read. "I learned from the mistake I made nearly two years ago and paid the penalty for it. Since then, I've passed 11 tests as part of WWE's independent drug testing program."

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,463 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

I love that statement.

"I learned from my mistakes" and "I've passed 11 tests" (i.e. I've not been caught since) is not the same as actually saying "I don't take steroids". :P

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,746 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Lord TSC wrote: »
    I love that statement.

"I learned from my mistakes" and "I've passed 11 tests" (i.e. I've not been caught since) is not the same as actually saying "I don't take steroids". :P

Ha I read it exactly like that too although wasn't a fat burner he was done for that time.

btw Guys this is (I think) the 5th thread I have split off from the news thread in the past week or so. There were reported posts about the NO CHAT thing too so remember you guys can start your own threads about things if you think more than a few people will reply.

8 of those tests he passed were in the same month. The month he was caught.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,320 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Its flu season, they are all doped to the gills to help with their chest infections (like me :pac: ). That must be why they all look so great come April for Mania.

Ha I read it exactly like that too although wasn't a fat burner he was done for that time.

btw Guys this is (I think) the 5th thread I have split off from the news thread in the past week or so. There were reported posts about the NO CHAT thing too so remember you guys can start your own threads about things if you think more than a few people will reply.

Sounds really awkward to manage that, most forums here that I visit are full of mega threads rather than stand alone threads for every topic like we see on wreddit. Posters will naturally look for the most suitable existing thread.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,746 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

DM_7 wrote: »

Sounds really awkward to manage that, most forums here that I visit are full of mega threads rather than stand alone threads for every topic like we see on wreddit. Posters will naturally look for the most suitable existing thread.

tbh it's not so bad as we usually give leeway on the chat thing but when it gets too much and some report it cos the cant find actual new news being posted amongst all the discussion it's good to remind folk that if you think something will garner such discussion just start a thread for it instead of sticking it in the news.

On this Roman thing though unless the guy claiming this suddenly comes up with loads of evidence linking those people then this will just be dismissed and Roman/WWE will move on as is one would think

is there a timeline when the doctors claims that he gave steroids to roman

tumblr_p2qz8h2P7r1u2z8d6o1_400.gif

Advertisement