Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GOLD ETCHING CREAM

Options
  • 17-01-2018 4:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9

Hi I hope someone can help me

I am looking to get GOLD Etching cream in ireland. I am doing a lot of DIY stuff for my wedding. I bought lovely glasses for my bridesmaid and would love to etch their names or at least initials on the glasses

The one in AMAZON is wayy expensive. Anyone know of any websites thats useful and reliable and of course cheap

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭callee

I'm not sure what you mean by Gold etching cream. But the armour etching cram works really well and goes a long way, take a look on ebay and some of the uk hobby shop sites to compare prices.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 chinadoll141

HI Calle

much appreciate your response. What i meant with gold etching cream is that i wanted to etch on glass in GOLD or rose gold. not sure even thats possible but ill take on board your suggestion and will have a look

Thanks again

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,880 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

I'm by no means an expert, but wouldn't you have to etch the glass first, and then colour the etching in?

If you were to use any of the glass paints, no you wouldn't have to etch first, but if you did its like an engraving and whist the paint may eventually fade or wear off the etching will remain. If you were to use the artresin, yes I would engrave first probably.

I'm a little familiar with the etching process but I just seen on someone's page that they had gold (not paint) etched unto the glass. So just wondered if there was gold etching cream as opposed to just the normal etching process

• Advertisement

As I understand it, you acid or sand blast and then use gold sizing and gild. Alternatively just use gold leaf (possibly on unetched glass).

Thanks callee. This DIY job is more hassle than it's worth 😂😂 much appreciate the advise all the same. A lot of googling for me this wknd

Advertisement