Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ps4 controller issues

Options
  • 17-01-2018 6:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,568 ✭✭✭

Hi, my 7 year old has now broken 3 x ps4 controllers in the past year.

2 in the past month whereby the controllers will not charge; no light when plugged in. Could these be damaged by a charger / usb cable?

The other controller charges but the ps button does not seem to work so the ps4 will not turn on etc..

Could the new controller (bought only 3 weeks ago) be returned to smyths under warranty?

Any other tips for the getting these controllers back into action? I have tried resetting them to no avail.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,438 ✭✭✭RedXIV

thewools wrote: »
    Hi, my 7 year old has now broken 3 x ps4 controllers in the past year.

2 in the past month whereby the controllers will not charge; no light when plugged in. Could these be damaged by a charger / usb cable?

The other controller charges but the ps button does not seem to work so the ps4 will not turn on etc..

Could the new controller (bought only 3 weeks ago) be returned to smyths under warranty?

Any other tips for the getting these controllers back into action? I have tried resetting them to no avail.

Do you have any idea how they were broken? May help diagnose issues?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,568 ✭✭✭thewools

Nope.. no idea really. I'd have to interrogate my kids (7 And 2.5 yo)

The controllers would have been charged either a/ usb cable to ps4 b/ a phone charger c/ usb on wall socket.

Previously been using the 3 charging variants successfully for past year.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭EoinHef

Using a phone charger that has fast charge will ruin the battery

EoinHef wrote:
    Using a phone charger that has fast charge will ruin the battery

In 3 weeks though? I dont think the controller was connected to a fast charger as we only have one in the house and it is always upstairs..

The controller turns on for a second or two before it dies. But no yellow light upon connection with chargers. USB port perhaps?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,587 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Sounds like its run right down on battery, plug it into a PC and see if that gives it power, also if it works it should try install drivers on the pc for the pad.

Advertisement