Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Motogp 2018 News & Chat

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,118 ✭✭✭tommyboy26

legrand wrote: »
    Predicting short flag to flag. Roll up roll up anyone's a winner...

too many riders saying they dont want to race it is too dangerous. safety car driver said its getting worse

• Registered Users Posts: 3,430 ✭✭✭RustyNut

Sitting in the club corner stand. People here staring to lose faith. Alternating between raining and lashing.

459436.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

Silverstone was only resurfaced recently, this is a joke of a track.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,101 ✭✭✭Max Headroom

Pussy's...............Hodgeson said it right..the tail wagging the dog...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,495 ✭✭✭XsApollo

RustyNut wrote: »
    Sitting in the club corner stand. People here staring to lose faith. Alternating between raining and lashing.

Said on BT they will re-evaluate at 1pm as it’s supposed to clear a bit at 1.30pm.
    Could be a long day.

I'd say they will call it. The track is sodden now. Even if it stopped now it would take a lot of drying out.

Just announced racing to begin at 1.30. I'm not holding my breath.

I'd say they will call it. The track is sodden now. Even if it stopped now it would take a lot of drying out.

Well They just said they had the meeting and they are thinking of racing at 1.30, also Crutchlow is with them in studio and he said they will keep updating until about 3 -3.30 before they call it.
    You might get a race yet

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,519 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

This will be insane if it runs at half one imo.

It's worse now than it was earlier.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,519 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

There's a truck sweeping water off the track!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,041 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Why dont they just wait until 4pm or so? Rain mainly due to be gone by then.

Cal is still in the studio so I don’t think 1.30 is gonna happen 😀

There's a truck sweeping water off the track!
    459445.jpg

• Advertisement

Well he’s gone now had to run , possible race at 2.

Track inspection at 13.30 for possible 14.00 race

Delayed til further notice, didn't take long to decide that..

Next track assessment 3 o'clock. It's raining harder now than all day. Time to head back up to holyhead we think.

Next track assessment 3 o'clock. It's raining harder now than all day. Time to head back up to holyhead we think.

it got heavier here in wexford before it started to clear...nice now since around 1......hang in there..

• Advertisement

it got heavier here in wexford before it started to clear...nice now since around 1......hang in there..
    We may as well. The boat is not till 2am ðŸ˜

We may as well. The boat is not till 2am ðŸ˜

15.00, let's see what we are told now. Hope they don't mess with safety..

15.00, let's see what we are told now. Hope they don't mess with safety..
    Someone will drown or die from pneumonia.

Reschedule for tomorrow you think?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭h3000

Reschedule for tomorrow you think?

If it doesn’t happen today it won’t happen at all.

0118 999 881 999 119 725 3

h3000 wrote: »
    If it doesn’t happen today it won’t happen at all.

Hmm. Then no points or as qualifying, apologies if that's a stupid question but I'm unsure, only an amateur observer..

Hmm. Then no points or as qualifying, apologies if that's a stupid question but I'm unsure, only an amateur observer..

There’s no stupid questions. There will be no points if there’s no racing.

Looks like it’s gonna be cancelled.

• Advertisement

According to Jack Miller it has been cancelled due to rider concerns. He and Zarco seem to be the only riders that want to race. There seems to be a lot of confusion as to what is actually happening though.

That’s it. It’s been officially cancelled.

They just called it now. Ah well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,118 ✭✭✭tommyboy26

ridiculous to be cancelled so late with fans sitting there all day

tommyboy26 wrote: »

Feel even more sorry for even RustierNuts..........:o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,709 ✭✭✭Infoanon

tommyboy26 wrote: »

Not really - they tried there best to run the grand prix but weather and track conditions worked against them.

It's a disaster for Silverstone,the reason for the gp not being run tomorrow is that a lot of the Marshalls are already assigned to other race meetings tomorrow apparently.

Tito Rabat is thankfully recovering from yesterday's accident albeit with 3 fractures to his right leg with a long period of recuperating. Although it is to be confirmed in laymans English it is believed that an artery in Titos right leg was cut in the accident.

Against this back drop,Pols and Mikas injuries it is easy to understand why all bar Jack Miller and Zarco would not race today.

Hope to see Tito back on a bike soon - one of the stars of the season on his year old Ducati

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭pablo128

Well we are sitting in our tent over here with nothing to do but get drunk. Ferry not till 2pm tomorrow. Gutted.:mad:

pablo128 wrote: »
    Well we are sitting in our tent over here with nothing to do but get drunk. Ferry not till 2pm tomorrow. Gutted.:mad:
    Were on our park an ride bus back to the car then KFC and holyhead.

Hope Tito is on the road to recover soon. Its a pisser but was never going to happen.

• Advertisement

Hope Tito is on the road to recover soon. Its a pisser but was never going to happen.

The divas riders are reminding me of footballers now, overpaid showmen...think there were more than just two guys who wanted to race..

The divas riders are reminding me of footballers now, overpaid showmen...think there were more than just two guys who wanted to race..

I think you’re being a bit harsh Max. The track was not draining and while it was dry enough to start racing if it rained again there could be a big accumulation of water which could have led to more crashes involving multiple riders. Did you see Rins trying to stop his bike.

Overpaid showmen :-D
    I presume your trolling?
    I don’t think anybody that follows motorcycle racing would hold any rider in any class or championship as Overpaid Showmen.

XsApollo wrote: »
    Overpaid showmen :-D
    I presume your trolling?
    I don’t think anybody that follows motorcycle racing would hold any rider in any class or championship as Overpaid Showmen.

Well they're there for our entertainment..they parade around a (relatively) safe track and get paid huge amounts of money....except ,now it seems if it rains.....like there never has been a wet race...I watched the whole day of coverage today and even the guys on the panel were surprised at the cancellation...and they were/ are riders...or maybe just trolls...:p

BTW Nice to see Bruce out for a lap yesterday....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

Rabat's Injury is a potential career ender, Open fracture of Femur, Tib and Fib and hip damage as well, how anyone could think that it would have been OK to race in these conditions with a 280+hp bike is deluded.
    The press conference afterwards was.. interesting, some teams complaining that they were not told until after the decision was made to cancel.
    Ducati being one.
    This plays into Marquez's favour assuming he has no DNF's between now and the end of the season.
    I hope those that attended will get a refund of their ticket at the very least.
    This kind of debacle is not good for the sport, there is no way that a modern surface should hold water like that, it will be very interesting to see what happens if F1 ever has to race in similar conditions a cancelled F1 race would be a much bigger deal.

• Advertisement

Rabat's injury was caused by another bike collecting him....just unlucky...could have raced today..all that "no staff" is bullsh1t...

Unlucky?
    I’d say he was lucky that’s all that happened.
    4 or 5 riders went off at the same corner
    The track was a mess, the resurfacing job was a mess , simple as.
    If the track was up to scratch we might have got a race.

Can’t blame the riders for that.

I was there. It was raining for much of the day. But it wasn't properly belting down. From what I can make out, the track not draining was the problem. As much as I wanted a race, I couldn't blame the riders. I will be expecting some sort of refund though.

pablo128 wrote: »
    I was there. It was raining for much of the day. But it wasn't properly belting down. From what I can make out, the track not draining was the problem. As much as I wanted a race, I couldn't blame the riders. I will be expecting some sort of refund though.

I knew a few guys that went over and they said exactly the same.....some standing water in a couple of places...my guess is that the riders were standing around so much that they just got fed up ..as i did watching from my comfy sofa..
    Maybe the riders need to come to Mondello for a few track days....

I knew a few guys that went over and they said exactly the same.....some standing water in a couple of places...my guess is that the riders were standing around so much that they just got fed up ..as i did watching from my comfy sofa..
    Maybe the riders need to come to Mondello for a few track days....

No the track was flooded where we were. And that was with tractors and sweepers trying to clear it. The water simply wouldn't drain at all.

• Advertisement
Advertisement