Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Motogp 2018 News & Chat

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 Lizsalander

Can't blame the riders if the bikes were aquaplaning

Don't think there will be refunds though

• Registered Users Posts: 3,430 ✭✭✭RustyNut

pablo128 wrote: »
    I knew a few guys that went over and they said exactly the same.....some standing water in a couple of places...my guess is that the riders were standing around so much that they just got fed up ..as i did watching from my comfy sofa..
    Maybe the riders need to come to Mondello for a few track days....

No the track was flooded where we were. And that was with tractors and sweepers trying to clear it. The water simply wouldn't drain at all.
    Where we were was the same. Every lap the safety car done left a huge spray tail. That tractor and road sweepers were only moving the water around. You couldn't blame the riders.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭pablo128

RustyNut wrote: »
    Where we were was the same. Every lap the safety car done left a huge spray tail. That tractor and road sweepers were only moving the water around. You couldn't blame the riders.

I'm a bit more pissed off today probably because I've fully sobered up, but I agree it was too dangerous to send riders out. There were some teams who would have raced on the Monday but others shot it down. Now we were in a position to stay but I'm sure most people there couldn't have rearranged it.

I read a comment though which said that the teams who shot it down prioritised testing over racing which leaves a sour taste.

Can't blame the riders if the bikes were aquaplaning

Don't think there will be refunds though

I've already had an email in relation to what they are going to do. That said they will be in touch very soon. There is provision for a refund in the terms and conditions. It wasn't the rain that caused it. It was the track surface.

I'm a bit more pissed off today probably because I've fully sobered up, but I agree it was too dangerous to send riders out. There were some teams who would have raced on the Monday but others shot it down. Now we were in a position to stay but I'm sure most people there couldn't have rearranged it.

I read a comment though which said that the teams who shot it down prioritised testing over racing which leaves a sour taste.

I thought it couldn't be re-arranged due to the logistics of getting all the staff back for the next day, not to mention the teams

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,502 ✭✭✭XsApollo

They offer refunds when an event is cancelled, as long as it’s covered by their insurance.
    Wether doing a ****ty job on the tarmac is one of instances in which their insurance will pay up is another thing.

I thought it couldn't be re-arranged due to the logistics of getting all the staff back for the next day, not to mention the teams

As far as I can make out from this article, it was some of the teams.
    https://www.motorcyclenews.com/sport/motogp/2018/august/motogp-monday-race-an-unfeasible-option-at-silverstone/

It says staff and teams

3000 staff ,sure how could they reschedule that

It says staff and teams

3000 staff ,sure how could they reschedule that

It was done before in 2009 in Qatar I believe. The clerk of the course on Sunday in Silverstone came out and said he had secured the necessary staff and services to race on Monday.

It was done before in 2009 in Qatar I believe. The clerk of the course on Sunday in Silverstone came out and said he had secured the necessary staff and services to race on Monday.

Ok I wasn't aware he said that

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,352 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

It was broadcast early enough on the Sunday (silverstone fm) that the possibility of racing on the Monday had been ruled out. I can't remember who had ruled it out, one of the reasons given was that many of the track staff had other commitments.

It was broadcast early enough on the Sunday (silverstone fm) that the possibility of racing on the Monday had been ruled out. I can't remember who had ruled it out, one of the reasons given was that many of the track staff had other commitments.

I did hear that too. There were conflicting statements later on though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,352 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

We just wanted to keep you up to date and let you know that we’re in discussion with our insurers regarding your compensation for the cancellation of the GoPro British Grand Prix MotoGP™.

Please be assured that we’re working around the clock. However with all insurance claims this will take a little time to resolve. We will provide you with a further update next week.

Thank you for your continued patience and understanding.

The latest from Silverstone.

I just got that in the last 5 mins as well. I presume whatever happens will be automatic, no need to apply for the refund. Glad we bought direct from silverstone.

I just got that in the last 5 mins as well. I presume whatever happens will be automatic, no need to apply for the refund. Glad we bought direct from silverstone.

Yeah I got it on my way home there. I wonder will they only refund for the Sunday though. We were there for the weekend.

Anyway we'll wait and see. If they offer the weekend ticket free for next year we'll probably take it.

We were only there for Sunday, looks like a great setup for the weekend. Bands entertainment etc.

We were only there for Sunday, looks like a great setup for the weekend. Bands entertainment etc.

We got the 2am ferry Thursday morning, got to the Woodlands campsite which is a stone's throw from the circuit after aprox a 4 and a half hour drive. We got there before 12 and that was stopping for a while to get some shopping and drink on the way. Entertainment and live music and kids entertainment all through the weekend in the camping village. The facilities are excellent, clean toilet blocks and shower blocks within easy reach.

We paid extra for electricity and it was well worth it to be honest. We had a fridge and kettle on the go along with being able to charge everything up at will. It was 70 Sterling for the weekend but just made life so much easier.

Even on the Sunday night everything was still going.Live bands in the music tent, hilarious karaoke on the main stage etc.

We left at 8.15 Monday morning and easily caught the 2 o clock ferry though it was a bank holiday Monday over there. We may even be bringing a camper next year. Great weekend other than the race being called off.

Yeah I got it on my way home there. I wonder will they only refund for the Sunday though. We were there for the weekend.

Anyway we'll wait and see. If they offer the weekend ticket free for next year we'll probably take it.

Looking like its the Sunday tickets that are getting refunded.

Hi Rusty,

We are pleased to confirm that you will receive a full refund for your Sunday 2018 GoPro British Grand Prix MotoGP™ ticket(s). We will be in touch next week to confirm the refund process.

Once again, thank you for your continued patience and understanding.

Looking like its the Sunday tickets that are getting refunded.

Hmm. This is what I got.
    Hi Paul,

We are pleased to confirm that you will receive a refund for a percentage of the total value of your weekend ticket(s) for the 2018 GoPro British Grand Prix MotoGP™. We will be in touch next week to confirm what the refund amount and process will be.

Once again, thank you for your continued patience and understanding.

It's a bit vague alright. I'll wait and see.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,111 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭Grim.

just when you think Fenati couldn't be anymore retarded he steps his game, ****ing moron

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,118 ✭✭✭tommyboy26

The Nal wrote: »
    Grim. wrote: »
    just when you think Fenati couldn't be anymore retarded he steps his game, ****ing moron

i had to rewind it a few times i couldnt believe what i was watching. what the hell was he thinking he could of killed manzi.

btsports crew couldnt believe it. they reckon he should be gone for the rest of the year but imo i dont think that is long enough

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭h3000

Apparently Fenati’s Forward Racing MV Agusta contract for 2019 has already been terminated. The guy is super talented but seems to have real anger issues and a bit of a tug along with it.

0118 999 881 999 119 725 3

he got a two race ban......... absolute joke

tommyboy26 wrote: »
    he got a two race ban......... absolute joke

Race ban aside I’d be fairly surprised if he does race again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,504 ✭✭✭Harika

h3000 wrote: »

He had signed the contract for next year with forward racing, so the bike that was involved. Really would wonder if he races next year there.

surely race direction should of made an example of him for doing it. its not like he had a clean record before he did it

Harika wrote: »
    He had signed the contract for next year with forward racing, so the bike that was involved. Really would wonder if he races next year there.
    The talk is that that contract has already been terminated this evening.
    tommyboy26 wrote: »
    surely race direction should of made an example of him for doing it. its not like he had a clean record before he did it
    He has got a two race ban from race direction. Not nearly enough.

• Advertisement

Good enough for him. Can't see him getting a ride in any team in any class in the near future. Wouldn't be surprised if he had to retire from racing

so the incident with ajo, sacking from Sky VR46 and then that on saturday. was he involved in anything else?

i see danny kent is looking to replace him on the mv agusta next year

http://www.punditarena.com/other-sports/ckelleher/disgraced-fenati-loses-licence-pulling-rivals-brake/

Italian racing federation have revoked his licence and he has to appear in front of a court hearing on the 14th.

No wonder he retired earlier today:o

he says that you can see on his helmet and leathers where manzi had hit him three times and could of killed him also. sounds to me like he doesnt regret what he did

Well we are getting £180 Sterling back between 3 of us for the weekend tickets. Not bad really when they cost us £225 Sterling originally. They refunded us the cost of the full price of the Sunday at the time of booking plus the booking fee.

I can confirm from talking to my mates earlier that it will go towards next year's race weekend. And this time we'll have a camper.:cool:

We're getting the lot back, even the park and ride fee. Can't complain really.

I wonder will next years race be at silverstone or somewhere else.

We're getting the lot back, even the park and ride fee. Can't complain really.

I wonder will next years race be at silverstone or somewhere else.

I hear Donington Park is a great track for spectating but not so good for facilities. And a bit less of a drive when you get off the ferry. I'd say it will be in Silverstone though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

I'm not sure Donington is approved for runoff areas. Silverstone will have to do some heap of work if they want to host it next year and you can be sure that will involve resurfacing a large part of the track.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 682 ✭✭✭legrand

Last two races were a tad uneventful - folks just got bored here? Congrats MM I suppose! (toddles off). Philip Island usually good for scrap at least.

• Advertisement

Last two races were a tad uneventful - folks just got bored here? Congrats MM I suppose! (toddles off). Philip Island usually good for scrap at least.

Moto 3 seems to be where its at lately, last few races were spectacular. My guess is that MM will win the rest of the races proving he stays on. He has the work done he can just go out and play from now on.

legrand wrote: »

When theres no competition its boring.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,718 ✭✭✭Infoanon

Hard to believe its 7 years since Marco SimoncellI passed - how many race wins would he have had by now - that #58 flags and t-shirts are still seen at races speaks volumes of Simos impact.

Contrary to other views I have found the last two moto gp races classics - battles going down to the last lap between Dovi and Marc ,while moto 3 has had more excitement in terms of last lap incidents,Moto gp has been classic mano a mano.

Philip Island is next - no Jorge , it will be interesting to see if Alvaro can perform on a GP19 , can Yamaha out perform Tech 3 !!, can Petrucci get some form back and what can Jack Miller do at his home race ? !

Not widely reported but when Marquez was rolling around on the ground after winning the world championship , he was actually rolling around in agony with a dislocated shoulder ! Courtesy of a celebratory slap on the back from Scott Redding !!

CJhaughey wrote: »
    I'm not sure Donington is approved for runoff areas. Silverstone will have to do some heap of work if they want to host it next year and you can be sure that will involve resurfacing a large part of the track.

Looks like it's Silverstone next year.

We’re pleased to confirm that the British Grand Prix MotoGP™ is returning to Silverstone on 23 – 25 August 2019!

To thank you for your continued support and loyalty, we have made sure that you are first in line to secure your tickets and have organised an exclusive presale from 1 – 7 November.

But that’s not all, purchase a General Admission 2019 ticket and we are delighted to offer you a complimentary upgrade into a selected roving grandstand seat in Stowe and Vale grandstands*. Alternatively, book your favourite grandstand seat and we will offer you free parking!

We’re working hard to ensure that the 2019 event is better than ever with edge-of-your-seat racing, more off-track entertainment than ever before, and plenty of food and drink to choose from. Don’t miss out!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 249 ✭✭M7roadrunner

legrand wrote: »

I enjoyed that race this morning!
    Philip island definitely delivered.
    Pity there’s only two races left.

all three races were crackers. good to see someone besides MM from winning even if it was only because he had to retire.

thank god zarco walked away from that crash. it was a scary crash at over 200mph

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,655 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Three great races, I do love Philip Island.. Might be some end of season scrapping left..

• Advertisement

Big NOOOOO from me when Vale went down.

Advertisement