Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eir Sign up question

Options
  • 17-01-2018 7:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10

Hello lads,

Just a general query in case anybody knows.
    I was on to the Eir chat today who told me that the technician will provide me with everything on the day of setup. 

- With every other company I've been with I've always received the box/router a few days prior to set up by a courier, so is that a correct statement that I was given?

Mick

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 752 ✭✭✭Lustrum

MicksCph wrote: »
    Hello lads,

I was on to the Eir chat today who told me that the technician will provide me with everything on the day of setup. 

- With every other company I've been with I've always received the box/router a few days prior to set up by a courier, so is that a correct statement that I was given?

Mick
    Hi,

I had mine installed last week, the technician had everything he needed with him.

They're getting a bit of a bashing on a lot of threads here, in fairness to our guy, he called me that morning to ask would it be ok if he went to another job first and he come to us later. He got delayed, but kept in touch, and when he did arrive he had a couple of issue but didn't leave until everything was working perfectly. I couldn't fault him.

So to actually answer your question, you don't need anything in advance and he will have it all with him!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭eir: Thomas

MicksCph wrote: »
    Hello lads,

Mick
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Hi MicksCph,[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif] [/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Thanks for your contacting us here. In regards to your query, Lustrum would be completely correct.[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]The technician that comes will have everything need to get your service in working order and fully functional.[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Thanks[/font]

[font=Verdana, sans-serif]Thomas[/font]

• Registered Users Posts: 1,206 ✭✭✭WestWicklow1

I signed up recently. I got router/modem in post three days AFTER they took over the broadband line which of course meant I was without bb for that time.

Nobody ever turned up (although I was told someone would). It was entirely up to me to get up and running.

Only 11 months to go on my contract and then I'm away. If you want technical help you have to pay 34c per minute to listen to recordings and MAYBE get through to tech.  The reps here are useless on tech issues but I suspect they are trained to sell the 34c per minute service.

Think again is my advice. The short term deal eircon offers is probably not worth the hassel they will give you.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,280 ✭✭✭Riva10

I was connected recently.  The engineer had everything he required with him on the day.

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭madyoke2009

If you haven’t already signed a contract. DONT

Go to a different provider

Eir are horrific to deal with

The modems don’t work
    Service doesn’t work
    Ciustomer service won’t help
    And if you sign up to “unlimited” broadband it’s it unlimited it’s 1tb. Then it’s €50 for 10gb extra

7Gb is approx one hour ultra HD show on Netflix

So if you’ve got a couple of kids watching Netflix 1tb doesn’t last too long....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,206 ✭✭✭WestWicklow1

...and if you want to watch the rugby, the motogp etc. when you're away and staying in an hotel you'll have to watch it on your little phone screen unless of course you remembered to bring your chromecast with you.

Smart tv in your hotel room?  Doesn't matter, eircon has tied its app to a piece of hardware that MUST be in place before you can cast.

And they won't tell you why you have to do this...

Advertisement