Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Letting Agent or Tenant Responsibility?

Options
  • 17-01-2018 9:24pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,177 ✭✭✭

Hi

I recently had an inspection of the house I rent.

There are a couple of issues that I have to pay for which I am okay with.

However, regarding painting externally and repairing/cleaning guttering should that not be the landlord/agent to take care of ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭Cash_Q

You should not be paying for any repairs, unless you caused damage and admitted this/they can prove you did the damage. What things are they expecting you to pay for? You are not liable for costs associated with the gutters or external paint!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,177 ✭✭✭PeterParker957

They're saying I should pay to have the marks from mould on the ceiling sealed and painted as not having the heating on caused the damp.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,254 ✭✭✭DaveyDave

They're saying I should pay to have the marks from mould on the ceiling sealed and painted as not having the heating on caused the damp.

Who's to say it's your fault? The building may not be insulated properly. Mould is caused by a number of things and putting the heating on won't get rid of damp or mould. Sounds like the same nonsense my landlord is telling me.

I wake up to condensation on my bedroom window daily just from breathing while asleep regardless of whether the bedroom door or window vent are open. It may not necessarily be your fault unless your leaving clothes to dry 24/7.

We got grief for dying clothes inside but that's because we could only put half a load into the washer dryer or else it wouldn't work, and the other half of the clothes were hung to air dry while waiting. We got rid of the clothes rack and I dry clothes at my mam's house and still have bad condensation yet the landlord is still blaming us for condensation. I mean it is Winter of course there's damp.

Advertisement