Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cant reach ip address website

Options
  • 17-01-2018 9:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭

Well lads this could be wrong forum mods please change if it is
    Reason im on is im trying to set up an ip camera now i know the ip address and all that but im trying to search the ip address on google and it is not working
    I search 192.168.X.XXX
    But what comes up after i search this it says
    This site cant be reached
    192.168.X.XXX took too long to respond
    Try.
    Checking the connection
    Checking the proxy and the firewall
    Running Windows network diagnostics
    ERR_CONNECTION_TIMED_OUT
    It would be much appreciated if this was solved
    Thanking you

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,295 ✭✭✭pizzahead77

Mf310 wrote: »
    Reason im on is im trying to set up an ip camera now i know the ip address and all that but im trying to search the ip address on google and it is not working
    I search 192.168.X.XXX
    Try.
    Checking the connection
    ERR_CONNECTION_TIMED_OUT
    Thanking you

Are you putting the IP address in the Google search box or in the address bar of your browser.

Do you know whether or not the IP camera uses http or https

Are you able to ping the IP camera?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,330 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

192.168.x.x is an internal only address. I'm confused as to why you're searching for that in Google. Did you mean trying in a browser? Is there a port to go with it?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,139 ✭✭✭emaherx

Mf310 wrote: »
    I search 192.168.X.XXX
    Try.
    Checking the connection
    ERR_CONNECTION_TIMED_OUT
    Thanking you

Are you trying to connect to your camera from the same network? Or access from a different internet connection at a remote location.

As mentioned above 192.168.x.x type address cannot be accessed over the internet and can only be accessed on the same local network. It's a private address given out by your router.

If you are trying to connect localy from the same network through a browser you will also need the port number. So your address will look like http://192.168.xxx.xxx:nnnn.The port number nnnn is usually four digits but may be less.

Don't "Google" the address. You will need to enter it in the address bar of the browser.

What is the make/ model of your camera?
    If you need to access the camera over the internet from another location then you will need a bit more setting up but you should test that it works localy first. Also your routers public IP will be used not your cameras address.

Advertisement