Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aritech CS450 add smoke alarms

Options
  • 17-01-2018 9:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 19,027 ✭✭✭✭

Hi all,
    So I have this rented house (3 bed dormer semi-d) that I installed a CS450 in myself (used to work for Aritech years ago and got the panel free) but I'm living abroad and need a reputable installer to do the following:

-Service the alarm, replace batteries if necessary, allowing it to qualify as a house alarm for insurance purposes.
    -Reprogram with new code
    -Add wired smoke alarms to system (what are current regs for rented houses here?)

Any idea of how much I'm looking at roughly?

Any installer recommendations? (PM is fine if it's not allowed in thread)

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Do you have engineer access to this system?
    Have you any spare zones for the smoke/fire alarms to connect into?
    The location & wiring of these would probably be the biggest factor in the cost.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,027 ✭✭✭✭murphaph

KoolKid wrote: »
    Do you have engineer access to this system?
    Have you any spare zones for the smoke/fire alarms to connect into?
    The location & wiring of these would probably be the biggest factor in the cost.
    I think I'd be able to get into the engineer menu. If I can't remember the code, how big a deal is it?

I am pretty sure there are a few spare zones.

The panel is under the stairs. The cable run to the upstairs landing shouldn't be toooo bad as the boxing for the soil stack runs all the way down from the attic to the panel location.

What are the regs though? Would 2 detectors in a 3 bed dormer semi-d be adequate?

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

2 smokes and a heat detector in the kitchen area should suffice.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,027 ✭✭✭✭murphaph

KoolKid wrote: »
    2 smokes and a heat detector in the kitchen area should suffice.
    Cheers KoolKid. Appreciate your input.

Advertisement