Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stuttering/Freezing when watching Eir TV

Options
  • 17-01-2018 10:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭

Hello,

I became a Eir customer since last week with both Home Broadband and Eir TV. Everything works fine except for the fact that when watching the TV from around 8pm onwards we get very bad stuttering and freezing across all channels. 

I've tried ensuring that there is nothing downloading, nothing else connected to the wife but nothing seems to help. 

I works perfectly throughout the day but come 8 or half past it becomes unwatchable.

Any help would be very much appreciated.

Regards  

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 440 ✭✭gmacww

Hello,

I became a Eir customer since last week with both Home Broadband and Eir TV. Everything works fine except for the fact that when watching the TV from around 8pm onwards we get very bad stuttering and freezing across all channels. 

I've tried ensuring that there is nothing downloading, nothing else connected to the wife but nothing seems to help. 

I works perfectly throughout the day but come 8 or half past it becomes unwatchable.

Regards  
    I'm with eir now a few years ans I've noticed this has been particularly bad the past two months. The HD channels are almost unwatchable at times in the evening and even the standard def ones frees and stutter.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,519 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

Sounds like congestion on the network at peak times, not much you can do about that but complain, maybe there's some technical issues though that eir can address

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭eir: Thomas

Hello,

Regards  
    Hi wandatowell,

I'm very sorry to hear about the issues you've been having and I apologize for any inconvenience caused. 

I have not heard of any current issues with this, but I would recommend contacting our technical support team on 1890 260 260, they will be able to investigate this further for you.

Thanks

Thomas

• Registered Users Posts: 1,359 ✭✭✭jaggiebunnet

Are you connected via wifi plug or via ethernet.  If via plug make sure there is nothing else plugged in on the same plug point like a lamp for example that you switch on in the evening.  I would get problems with HD channels when I used the plug beside the wifi plug, but it works fine if there is nothing plugged in there.

• Registered Users Posts: 440 ✭✭gmacww

For me I'm connected using home plugs. Nothing else plugged into the sending socket. Plug beside receiving (tv) does have something and it's been that way for a few years without issue. Only since December really and only in the evening time. During the day never an issue. It's clearly a contention issue at peak evening times.

• Advertisement
Advertisement