Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nintendo-Labo.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,316 ✭✭✭lafors

sligeach wrote: »
    JAPAN: NINTENDO LABO ONLY SOLD 25% OF ITS INITIAL SHIPMENT

https://nintendosoup.com/japan-nintendo-labo-only-sold-25-of-its-initial-shipment/

Now that's interesting. Nintendo had big expectations which the sales haven't met. Also, of note was that Switch handheld sales didn't increase for this week(<35,000). Japan was where I thought it would best have a chance to succeed.

Right but it's Golden Week this week so it would be expected.
    Will be more interested in this week's sales figures.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,625 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Another thing is this game is brand new IP, a brand new concept and this represents a challenge to market, it would do for anyone.
    I'm looking forward to picking it up soon, the variety edition at least, the robot one seems more limited tbh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,801 ✭✭✭iamtony

Picked up the kit a half hour ago. My daughter is delighted with life building her first thing. Nice bit of weight to the kit. She said it's very good value for 69.99 so I'll go with her on this one:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,533 ✭✭✭RocketRaccoon

Has anyone spotted a switch bundle with the labo?

iamtony wrote: »
    Picked up the kit a half hour ago. My daughter is delighted with life building her first thing. Nice bit of weight to the kit. She said it's very good value for 69.99 so I'll go with her on this one:)

We've already made one RC car and it's great fun, didn't realise its automatic and it follows you around, what the camera sees is cool.

• Advertisement

The build instructions are second to none, ikea should take a leaf out of Nintendos book and have dynamic instructions on their website with catchy music they would double their sales overnight. My daughter has completely took over and won't let me do anything. She's on the fishing rod now and really enjoying herself. Money well spent.

Fishing game is very immersive. Its like augmented reality in reverse if that makes sense. Don't know how long it will hold our attention but if they did a full fishing game with competitions and stuff I'd pay for it.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,625 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I've a few bob for running an art class coming to me, might spend it on the Labo!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,998 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,313 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

GameStop are giving €50 credit for any Switch game traded in against Labo. I also see that they are offering 20% bonus trade in if you use their "trade bag" although I'm not sure if both offers can be used together.

If you've no games lying around at home Argos have Unbox for €28 so Labo should be €48ish even without the bonus 20%.

http://www.checkargos.com/product/8149619

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,316 ✭✭✭lafors

Got the whole kit, both boxes and the sticker box yesterday.
    So far they've build the RC car and the fishing rod kit. Since then they haven't built any more yet as they're having great fun playing the fishing game.
    My two are 8 & 5. Haven't needed any help. Took over an hour to make the rod kit.
    Well worth it so far.

TitianGerm wrote: »
    GameStop are giving €50 credit for any Switch game traded in against Labo. I also see that they are offering 20% bonus trade in if you use their "trade bag" although I'm not sure if both offers can be used together.

If you've no games lying around at home Argos have Unbox for €28 so Labo should be €48ish even without the bonus 20%.

http://www.checkargos.com/product/8149619

I just rang GS and the minion knew nothing about the trade deal.
    Can you confirm that the deal is real?

CiDeRmAn wrote: »

I was told the same thing today by someone totally unrelated and seen it on Facebook.

It's on their website.

Went into the Swords branch with a cheap copy of PuyoPuyo/Tetris and got the €50 off!
    Happy days, the Labo Variety Pack cost €30 as a result.
    I'd nearly consider buying another cheap copy and get €20 off the price of the Robot set as well!

Went into the Swords branch with a cheap copy of PuyoPuyo/Tetris and got the €50 off!
    I'd nearly consider buying another cheap copy and get €20 off the price of the Robot set as well!

Very good price for €30.

Did you ask about the additional 20% trade in bonus?

We will need video footage of you prancing around like a robot, thanks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,050 ✭✭✭✭Tom Mann Centuria

Going to buy the variety pack next pay day, but it's going to go in the cupboard until Christmas which is a bit sh*t.

Looking at the videos it seems to be pitched at 6-8 year olds? So not really the right age group for my 10 year old, but as I may have said before, he's as childish as I am, and I'm not entirely sure he's from this planet, so I'm sure he'll love it.

Oh well, give me an easy life and a peaceful death.

• Advertisement

Top 10 UK Games Chart: Nintendo Switch's Labo Fails To Knock God Of War From No.1

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/top-10-uk-games-chart-nintendo-switchs-labo-fails-/1100-6458595/

https://imgur.com/a/OjDKYWS#m5Qnuzd

South Park: TFBH had a semi decent debut but that'll quickly disappear. It wasn't far off outselling the Labo Robot Kit.

Top 10 UK Games Chart: Nintendo Switch's Labo Fails To Knock God Of War From No.1

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/top-10-uk-games-chart-nintendo-switchs-labo-fails-/1100-6458595/

https://imgur.com/a/OjDKYWS#m5Qnuzd

South Park: TFBH had a semi decent debut but that'll quickly disappear. It wasn't far off outselling the Labo Robot Kit.

Did anyone honestly think Labo would outsell GOW?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,285 ✭✭✭fixXxer

Imagine a God of War cross over with a cardboard axe and a little cardboard Atreus to yell "BOY" at...

Maybe not, but it didn't outsell Far Cry 5 either and that's been out a month.

Maybe not, but it didn't outsell Far Cry 5 either and that's been out a month.

And Far Cry was an excellent game, in a long highly regarded series, available to a wider audience that has gotten some great press and a decent following on YouTube/Twitch etc.

Labo is a new IP, that people were a little unsure of, that's aimed at a younger audience. It was never going to fly off shelves but I'd guess Nintendo would be delighted with its debut on the charts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,827 ✭✭✭geotrig

I always saw this a slow grower and has debuted better than I expected it too. Outside of the couple of brief short enough vids most people don't know what to make of it ,I expect word of mouth amongst kids to be it best market for growing ,in fact there are a couple of games that this could add to with an additional cardboard controller !! take voez or any rhythm game for that matter. I will pick one up in a few weeks ,too much bills to pay, but even now although I haven't gone searching ,I still dont know what to make of the robot one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Not sure why people are judging Labo the same as any other software title. It is very different and will have a different retail trajectory, be that up or down. It is also months away from a specific selling season for this type of targeted younger age product.

Nintendo Labo First Week Sales Sluggish in Japan, UK

http://variety.com/2018/gaming/news/nintendo-labo-first-week-sales-1202791795/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,561 ✭✭✭Rhyme

Nintendo Labo First Week Sales Sluggish in Japan, UK

http://variety.com/2018/gaming/news/nintendo-labo-first-week-sales-1202791795/

I Google 'Nintendo Labo Review' and I get shown many positive reviews but thanks for cherry-picking a negative one.

• Advertisement

Rhyme wrote: »
    I Google 'Nintendo Labo Review' and I get shown many positive reviews but thanks for cherry-picking a negative one.

I cherry picked nothing. The article went up literally 20 minutes before I posted it. That's how I came across it. And sites are going to comment because they're curious to see if this experiment will be successful.

Edit: Also, if you read the headline properly, you'd see it's not a review.

Advertisement