Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nintendo-Labo.

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,610 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Didn't see you'd already posted about it, sorry.

The fact you can combine the controllers looks fun.I think I'll get this as well as the variety pack too.

I don't have ownership of news releases!

And it was only a brief post too, I happened to be awake at an early hour and saw it on my news feed.

Looks amazing though.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

Didn't see you'd already posted about it, sorry.

The fact you can combine the controllers looks fun.I think I'll get this as well as the variety pack too.

The combination stuff does look good. Wasnt there an extending arm in the original Labo reveal? Would make for a fun addon where one person has a crane with the arm to grab and hold something and the other has to drive a course.

And seeing as theres probably one Joy-con in the pedal and another in the key, does that mean dual-pair Labo games coming too if the second player has a 3rd Joy-conin use? So could possibly see even more complex stuff with 4 Joy-cons in a kit.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,009 ✭✭✭✭Tom Mann Centuria

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    I don't have ownership of news releases!

And it was only a brief post too, I happened to be awake at an early hour and saw it on my news feed.

Looks amazing though.

Hahaha yeah, there was someone who used to more or less claim ownership of them though! :)

Has there been any indication of pricing yet?

Oh well, give me an easy life and a peaceful death.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,610 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I've no idea mate, but I'd assume it'll be closer to the Variety set than the Robot one.

Has there been any indication of pricing yet?

Its been confirmed at $70 (prob €70), the same as the Variety Kit.

• Advertisement

Longer look at Toy-Con 3.

Seems a lot more full than the previous 2 sets, more of an actual game with the Labo as accessories rather than glorified tech demos. Probably kinda light gameplay but great for younger kids...almost as if that was the idea!

Though those cogs in the sub unit will be broken in minutes!

I'm trying to decide if I "should" invest in the new Labo set on the way, seeing as I have yet to build the existing Variety pack that's still in the box!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,561 ✭✭✭Rhyme

I'm trying to decide if I "should" invest in the new Labo set on the way, seeing as I have yet to build the existing Variety pack that's still in the box!

Start in on your backlog of games instead :)

Rhyme wrote: »
    Start in on your backlog of games instead :)

Sure, then I'll never buy a game or console again!

Sure, then I'll never buy a game or console again!

Just skim the surface, move on from the less-good games, no need to finish the lot. I did it with my Steam backlog and felt much better afterwards.

I'm by no means cured though, I now have a modest Switch backlog to tend to.

• Advertisement

You haven't seen my collection, have you?
    Skimming itself would likely occupy much of the time I have left on this plane of existence....

You haven't seen my collection, have you?
    Skimming itself would likely occupy much of the time I have left on this plane of existence....

If I'm able to make it to the next games night, you'll have to sit me down in front of the collection. I'll button my lip then.

Rhyme wrote: »
    If I'm able to make it to the next games night, you'll have to sit me down in front of the collection. I'll button my lip then.

Sounds like a plan!

• Registered Users Posts: 55,517 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Did the first half of the robot labo with my nephew tonight. The design is very clever (and very Nintendo). :o

Great fun!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

The next Labo kit announced. Toy-Con 04 VR Kit.

https://twitter.com/NintendoAmerica/status/1103460256263430144?s=19

Ho-ly sh1t!!!
    This is going to be interesting!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Corholio wrote:
    The next Labo kit announced. Toy-Con 04 VR Kit.

Sorry for anyone looking forward to it but the bird and elephant? ones look so bad I genuinely thought it was a parody :o

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

ERG89 wrote: »
    Sorry for anyone looking forward to it but the bird and elephant? ones look so bad I genuinely thought it was a parody :o

you-know-for-kids-how-the-board-meeting-regarding-nintendo-30352577.png

It should be stressed that we have no idea what the software is like and how it works with the cardboard elements.
    Probably should hold judgement until then.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

Sorry but the Elephant is the one that had me most excited! Who else would make a specific elephant-oriented VR experience? Atari? Amstrad? No way! I wish I could quit you, Nintendo, you treat me so cruel with your terrible online service and lack of car-theft-based sandbox games.... but god damn I keep coming back for a little bit more of your crazy love....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,463 ✭✭✭Nollog

It's VR, people always tell me that I shouldn't talk about how bad VR is because I haven't played it yet, but I have and don't see how it can make any game better.

It's probably okay to say labo VR is bad though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭blockfighter

Reviews will be interesting. Won't be purchasing it myself but if it reviews ok and it drops in price after a bit i might be tempted.

I've had a lot of fun with the PSVR setup, but some of the games do suffer due to the resolution of the display.
    I wonder how Nintendo are going to counter-act that issue, given the native resolution of the Switch is comparatively low.

I have to say, the mere possibility of a first person VR mode in Mario Kart 8 Dx is very exciting.

There's no head strap, so you hold it to your head with both hands. It's a requirement to stop people hurting themselves as there's no sensors and boundaries.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

Shame there's no camera to allow for AR games, because the holding-it-in-front-of-your-face thing is begging for a game that leverages Eyes Wide Shut / The Grudge. That should be 2 separate suggestions but PQube could probably find a way to combine them...

• Registered Users Posts: 29,132 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Finally get to play Gal Gun 2 the way God intended

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Finally get to play Gal Gun 2 the way God intended

Might want to laminate the cardboard first... in case of.... spills...

• Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

• Registered Users Posts: 55,517 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

64 mini-games and a game builder included? They've really pushed themselves with this one..... looks great!

• Advertisement

Mr E wrote: »
    64 mini-games and a game builder included? They've really pushed themselves with this one..... looks great!

I'm hoping a patched Mario Kart 8 Dx is on the way to take advantage as well.

Advertisement