Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Oreo Cookies

• 17-01-2018 11:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭Asus X540L

Just had my first ever few oreo cookies.
    Only bought them cause they were 75 cent in Dealz.

Don't see what all the fuss is about. They taste exactly like the bourbon creams you can get in lidlyaldi for 19 cent.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 415 ✭✭falinn merking

Asus X540L wrote: »

Don't see what all the fuss is about. They taste exactly like the bourbon creams you can get in lidlyaldi for 19 cent.

You dunk them in milk and you rip the two bits apart and lick out the cream.

Come back to us when you have had the true Oreo experience.

a-OREO-DUNKING-404x304.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Tried that. Vile, dry tasteless creations.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Robert Power

Agree 100%. Seen them on American TV shows and movies for years and when I finally got one it was absolute muck. Same as twinkies

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,526 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

Sh*te yankee muck

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Patww79 wrote: »
    Indeed, nothing like a bourbon. At least you can dunk and enjoy a bourbon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,657 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

All I want is a Hob-nob now.

I don't have any.

F*ck you all.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭Mrmoe

They are all inferior to custard creams

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,383 ✭✭✭Miss Demeanour

I dont like biscuits.....bourbons.....oreos......jersey creams keep them all....
    Give me a jaffa cake or a cake bar any day.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

On par with Nando's for overrated sh*te.

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭RolandDeschain

Mrmoe wrote: »
    They are all inferior to custard creams

Preach. Nithing beats a pack of custard creams and tea to banish the January blues.

• Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Mod ✭✭✭✭Neyite

Oreo milkshakes are lovely though!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,001 ✭✭✭KilOit

Try Dairymilk Oreo's

• Closed Accounts Posts: 720 ✭✭✭DrGreenthumb

This thread really takes the biscuit cookie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,971 ✭✭✭_Dara_

In a world where Fox’s biscuits and Ginger Nuts exist, I can’t understand stand why anyone would choose Oreos. The predominant flavour is sugar.

American confectionery is generally inferior.

• Registered Users Posts: 500 ✭✭✭justfillmein

dry tasteless creations.

try the double stuffed ones:cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭Tangatagamadda Chaddabinga Bonga Bungo

lick out the cream
    lick out the cream
    lick out the cream
    lick out the cream
    lick out the cream
    lick out the cream
    lick out the cream

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭RhubarbCrumble

They're horrible. It's chocolate digestives or nothing. For the record Aldi dark chocolate digestives are the nicest ones out there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Sofiztikated

The very fact that you can get Cookies N Cream flavoured Oreos makes me smile.

Oreo flavoured Oreos, **** me, there's someone that will go places.

They're ****e though.

• Advertisement

Patww79 wrote: »

Nope, I’d still think they were shite. Them being American is no coincidence though. Even American friends of mine lament the poor quality of American confectionery. If Oreos were made elsewhere, they’d probably be nicer.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,108 ✭✭✭Lirange

_Dara_ wrote: »
    Nope, I’d still think they were shite. Them being American is no coincidence though. Even American friends of mine lament the poor quality of American confectionery. If Oreos were made elsewhere, they’d probably be nicer.

The Oreos in shops are not made in the US. I think the ones in the US have a more appealing taste.

Lirange wrote: »
    The Oreos in shops are not made in the US. I think the ones in the US have a more appealing taste.

Have you tasted both to compare?

• Registered Users Posts: 449 ✭✭howyanow

Don't get the how they are so popular myself,they are no Cadbury chocolate fingers!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,104 ✭✭✭Oldtree

As an officenado of cream biscuits I find Oreos to be similar to borbon creams and neither are to my liking.

Now orange creams go down by the packet as do fox's ginger crunch creams and viennese raspberry and cream.

I've gone off Custard creams, but like Nice creams the odd time again by the packet.

Raspberry creams are a little too sweet.

Jammy dodgers, the biscuit is too dry.

Aw i love oreos. I found an amazing gluten free version of them in tenerife and went through a bunch of packets of them.
    Choc hob nobs are great too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,528 ✭✭✭Sgt Hartman

I dont like biscuits.....bourbons.....oreos......jersey creams keep them all....
    Give me a jaffa cake or a cake bar any day.

Agreed. Biscuits in general never done it for me. They glue to your teeth and oftentimes contain way too much sugar.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,657 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

In a world where Fox’s biscuits and Ginger Nuts exist, I can’t understand stand why anyone would choose Oreos. The predominant flavour is sugar.

Ginger Nuts! Good shout.

You can stick your Fix's up your swiss, though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,033 ✭✭✭✭bnt

They might have been good once, but like most things from the USA, they get worse over time. As they get popular, they ramp up mass-production; replacing quality ingredients with cheaper "equivalents". Tweaking the recipes so production takes less time and fewer steps, and the product has a longer shelf-life. And so on, and so on.

Ever had a Twinkie? Those things will potentially last forever. After World War III, when only cockroaches survive on this planet, they'll live off Oreos, Twinkies, and Ramen noodles.

Death has this much to be said for it:
    You don’t have to get out of bed for it.
    Wherever you happen to be
    They bring it to you—free.

— Kingsley Amis

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,530 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

Tim Tams ftw.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,461 ✭✭✭Bob Harris

The first time I had an Oreo I remember thinking 'is this it?'. Couldn't understand the fuss. They seem to be more popular for being cool than being nice biscuits.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭Chrongen

Gimme Maryland chocolate chips and a litre of ice-cold milk any day over Oreos. They are overrated.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭sbsquarepants

Oreos are mank.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,656 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

They look pretty though.

Agree 100%. Seen them on American TV shows and movies for years and when I finally got one it was absolute muck. Same as twinkies

I think Twinkies have a shelf-life of twenty years.

If pregnant women eat them the child could have birth defects. Well that's a slight exaggeration but Twinkies I believe were made in a lab.

• Advertisement

There is nothing good at all about American basic foodstuffs. Their milk is shit, their butter is shit. Their cheese is shit. Have you ever tried Wonderbread? Christ, talk about synthetic. Their chocolate is shit. Try a Hershey Bar....absolute garbage. We don't need to get onto their beer. Their bacon? Are you having a laugh? Their eggs are dire. Battery farmed, tasteless with lemon yellow yolks instead of a nice light orange hue that results from a chicken who's actually walked around for a portion of her life and eaten proper chicken food.

If water didn't fall from the sky or spring up out of rocks they'd manage to make that taste bad too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

So you’ve never had a bourbon either as they’re nothing like Oreo’s. You should get out more.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,792 ✭✭✭Postgrad10

They were much better in the US years ago. Then they had to take most of the bad stuff out of them. and now they are bland rubbish. Don't get me started on the daft idea to put them in a cadbury's dairy milk.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,639 ✭✭✭andekwarhola

They're manky.

Quite worryingly, my kids like them though.

I hope it's not a gateway snack to cheeky bites in Five Goys, aspirational American hoodies, and hanging around Dundrum

Postgrad10 wrote: »
    They were much better in the US years ago.

Totes mainstream now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,620 ✭✭✭El Tarangu

Oreos are nice enough.

- have they stopped making Toffee Pops? I haven't been able to find them the last few times I was in Ireland; now they were the Rolls Royce of filled-biscuits.

Or Cafe Noir.

Addiction in a packet.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Oreos are grand, I like to chew them up and then take a sip of milk, mix it together in my mouth and then swallow.

Oreo Ice Cream Sandwiches are f*cking amazing though

oreo-sandwich-product.png

Not to be confused with a tub or Orea ice cream which is mank.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

El Tarangu wrote: »
    Oreos are nice enough.

- have they stopped making Toffee Pops? I haven't been able to find them the last few times I was in Ireland; now they were the Rolls Royce of filled-biscuits.

They're very much still around. My local shop does them for a euro a pack. If you're stuck, Aldi have their own ones called Toffeepopsicles!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,736 ✭✭✭Irish Guitarist

I think if I lived in America I'd never eat another biscuit or sweet again. Considering Oreos and Twinkies are two of their most popular biscuits/sweets I'd hate to taste what they consider inferior.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭draiochtanois

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,792 ✭✭✭Postgrad10

I think if I lived in the US again, I would probably stuff myself with double cream Oreos for the first week and get it out of my system and then not eat any ever again. So easy to get sick of them when they are more readily available.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

I think if I lived in America I'd never eat another biscuit or sweet again. Considering Oreos and Twinkies are two of their most popular biscuits/sweets I'd hate to taste what they consider inferior.

You'd change your tune once you tried Milk Duds.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,620 ✭✭✭El Tarangu

Reese's cups are pretty good. A bit sweet, but good.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,508 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

They're manky.

Quite worryingly, my kids like them though.

I hope it's not a gateway snack to cheeky bites in Five Goys, aspirational American hoodies, and hanging around Dundrum

I tried a five guys burger the other week. Absolute rubbish it was.

• Advertisement
Advertisement