Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

White Moose Man v "Social Influencer"...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 27 StolenKrone

The brains behind this dumpster fire of a business is as conceited as he is arrogant. Look forward to reading of its inevitable liquidation

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,971 ✭✭✭_Dara_

In her response video, she keeps going on about being only 22. So? What has that got to do with anything? At 22, some people are trained doctors or are starting out in challenging graduate roles or have been working as tradesmen for a few years. It’s not that young. She comments that some of her detractors are 30+ like as if that is ancient. So lacking in self-awareness.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭ Luis Tender Seam

fritzelly wrote: »
    What is it with the tear ducts in her eyes (don't know the medical term but the tear ducts bit) they're really red and when she looks sideways they are massive - think she got more than her fair share of lizard DNA

from the youtube comments, a follower said to correct a lazy eye

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,373 ✭✭✭✭endacl

c.p.w.g.w wrote: »
    So, anyone know what she blogs about????
    Same as the rest of them, no doubt.

Herself?

Obi Wan Kenobi: Who’s more foolish, the fool or the fool who follows him?

:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,352 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

I don't think she understands how the power of social influence works. Power is when a business comes to you looking to get you to provide exposure, as opposed to you being the equivalent of the local free newspaper.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

Her response is insane. Zero self awareness.

“DON’T CRUSH MAH DREAMS!”

To what? Beg for free stuff? Mamma’s proud!

Also, her talking about 30 and 40 somethings like they have no idea what the internet is and have booked in for their combined hip replacement and facelift operation.

And how does she expect to be taken seriously when she infantilises herself when she’s a grown woman. The letter she sent to yer man was unprofessional too, a blatant copy and paste job that offered no hard numbers in support of her request, only a vague comment about Universal Florida.

This influencer malarkey is a tawdry affair.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,420 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

‘The sooner Social Media Blogger gets recognised as a real job the better’

Half pissed myself watching that; half worried about the future of the human race.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 41,118 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

mzungu wrote: »
    It's hard to tell, but it's been going a few years so the business must be in some way successful. I have no idea whether it's his social media profile, or the quality of his establishment, that keeps the tills ringing.

I guess he's a bit like a budget version Michael O'Leary!

Thats a complete insult to O'Leary

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,279 ✭✭✭The Bishop Basher

The brains behind this dumpster fire of a business is as conceited as he is arrogant. Look forward to reading of its inevitable liquidation

Well he has you on here posting about him so I’d say he’s doing something right. I’m not a fan of all of his stunts but they seem to work.. Not cool to wish liquidation on anyone btw..

She’s just a complete spanner but then so is anyone who considers themselves a social media influencer in my view. I honestly believe this addiction to social media is a mental health timebomb.

“This is real life”

Eh, no it’s not.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

fritzelly wrote: »
    What is it with the tear ducts in her eyes (don't know the medical term but the tear ducts bit) they're really red and when she looks sideways they are massive - think she got more than her fair share of lizard DNA

Had thought it must have been from the crying she spoke of but from looking at her other vids seems she had surgery a couple of weeks back for a lazy eye.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,166 ✭✭✭Fr_Dougal

Did you know that Whitney Houston's debut LP
    called simply Whitney Houston had four number-one singles
    on it? Did you know that? Whitney's voice leaps
    across so many boundaries and is so versatile-though she's
    mainly a jazz singer-that it's hard to take in the album
    on a first listening.

It's hard to choose a favorite track
    among so many great ones, but "The Greatest Love of All"
    is one of the best, most powerful songs ever written about
    self-preservation and dignity. It's universal message
    crosses all boundaries, and instills one with the hope
    that it's not too late to better ourselves, to act kinder.
    Since, Elizabeth, it's impossible in the world we live in
    to empathize with others, we can always empathize with
    ourselves.

It's an important message, crucial, really, and it's
    beautifully stated on the album.

Do you like Phil Collins? I've been a big Genesis fan ever since the release of their 1980 album, Duke. Before that, I really didn't understand any of their work. Too artsy, too intellectual. It was on Duke where, uh, Phil Collins' presence became more apparent. I think Invisible Touch was the group's undisputed masterpiece. It's an epic meditation on intangibility. At the same time, it deepens and enriches the meaning of the preceding three albums. Christy, take off your robe. Listen to the brilliant ensemble playing of Banks, Collins and Rutherford. You can practically hear every nuance of every instrument. Sabrina, remove your dress. In terms of lyrical craftsmanship, the sheer songwriting, this album hits a new peak of professionalism. Sabrina, why don't you, uh, dance a little. Take the lyrics to Land of Confusion. In this song, Phil Collins addresses the problems of abusive political authority. In Too Deep is the most moving pop song of the 1980s, about monogamy and commitment. The song is extremely uplifting. Their lyrics are as positive and affirmative as, uh, anything I've heard in rock. Christy, get down on your knees so Sabrina can see your ass. Phil Collins' solo career seems to be more commercial and therefore more satisfying, in a narrower way. Especially songs like In the Air Tonight and, uh, Against All Odds. Sabrina, don't just stare at it, eat it. But I also think Phil Collins works best within the confines of the group, than as a solo artist, and I stress the word artist. This is Sussudio, a great, great song, a personal favorite.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,580 ✭✭✭✭nullzero
    °°°°°

She feels she's helping people by "working" as a social media influencer.

Come on people, it's the only job that's ever made her happy. I'd be happy if I got loads of money and free stuff for being a narcissistic cvnt too.

As another poster mentioned, you would have to be seriously worried about the human race going forward.

Glazers Out!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,568 ✭✭✭BillyBobBS

God i long for the days before twitter, youtube and other social platforms for these clowns to express themselves on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,637 ✭✭✭joebloggs32

Had thought it must have been from the crying she spoke of but from looking at her other vids seems she had surgery a couple of weeks back for a lazy eye.

I wonder did she get a freebie in return for writing a review of the surgeon?

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 1,489 ✭✭✭Ralf and Florian

Fr_Dougal wrote: »
    Do you like Phil Collins? I've been a big Genesis fan ever since the release of their 1980 album, Duke. Before that, I really didn't understand any of their work. Too artsy, too intellectual. It was on Duke where, uh, Phil Collins' presence became more apparent. I think Invisible Touch was the group's undisputed masterpiece. It's an epic meditation on intangibility. At the same time, it deepens and enriches the meaning of the preceding three albums. Christy, take off your robe. Listen to the brilliant ensemble playing of Banks, Collins and Rutherford. You can practically hear every nuance of every instrument. Sabrina, remove your dress. In terms of lyrical craftsmanship, the sheer songwriting, this album hits a new peak of professionalism. Sabrina, why don't you, uh, dance a little. Take the lyrics to Land of Confusion. In this song, Phil Collins addresses the problems of abusive political authority. In Too Deep is the most moving pop song of the 1980s, about monogamy and commitment. The song is extremely uplifting. Their lyrics are as positive and affirmative as, uh, anything I've heard in rock. Christy, get down on your knees so Sabrina can see your ass. Phil Collins' solo career seems to be more commercial and therefore more satisfying, in a narrower way. Especially songs like In the Air Tonight and, uh, Against All Odds. Sabrina, don't just stare at it, eat it. But I also think Phil Collins works best within the confines of the group, than as a solo artist, and I stress the word artist. This is Sussudio, a great, great song, a personal favorite.

When it comes to Genesis I'm strictly a Peter Gabriel era man but each to their own.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,937 ✭✭✭SmartinMartin

Wonder is there a surgical procedure to correct a lazy cvnt.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,498 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

I can see the ar$e falling out of the whole thing in a couple of years now that I think of it.

They'll photoshop it back in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭threein99

Loved reading all the crap shes been getting. Her response video is utterly pathetic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,145 ✭✭✭Mena Mitty

The lazy eye is the eye opposite the eye eyeing up the freebies, allegedly. Both eyes need to focus on the freebies to avoid this happening.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,509 ✭✭✭Underground

I gave up watching that video after what must have been the 50th jump cut in the first 15 seconds.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 364 ✭✭georgina toadbum

Am I missing something here or did he not actually mention her? Did she out herself?

Am I missing something here or did he not actually mention her? Did she out herself?

I think someone enhanced and lightened the blacked out bits of the email and her name could then be seen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

This guy thinks he's some kind of Michael O'Leary, but really he just runs a sh1thole business that abuses its customers and only really caters to stags, hens and scumbags.

Hang on a sec...

seamus wrote: »
    This guy thinks he's some kind of Michael O'Leary, but really he just runs a sh1thole business that abuses its customers and only really caters to stags, hens and scumbags.

I don’t get the people who are like “I’m definitely going to stay there now!”. Heaven help them if they have a problem during their stay.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

"I stayed at Universal Orlando last year and it's been amazing for them".

Wait, what?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭erica74

I don't particularly like the cafe owner but everything he said in his response to this moron is 100% correct.
    She obviously didn't expect the reaction she got, when you stick your neck out with this level of cheek, expect to get a negative reaction.

These "influencers" make a load of money for doing a part time job from their bedrooms but then want everything for free.

In the end though, she's going to benefit from this - she's going to gain more followers and people are going to watch her video about how traumatised she is and probably a load of follow-up videos about why she took a break from YouTube because she was just so traumatised and your man is also going to benefit and turn the reaction he gets into more social media posts.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,871 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

_Dara_ wrote: »
    I don’t get the people who are like “I’m definitely going to stay there now!”. Heaven help them if they have a problem during their stay.

They're luddites. "That's right, you tell these people who're the product of the modern world off. Be old fashioned and grumpy and stuck in your ways like me!"

• Registered Users Posts: 4,994 ✭✭✭c.p.w.g.w

I think someone enhanced and lightened the blacked out bits of the email and her name could then be seen.

She outted herself, the post blocked out her handle/name. Until she rocked up, confirming it was her

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Why does she do air quotes every time she says social media influencer? Is it because she knows it is not a real job?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭erica74

c.p.w.g.w wrote: »
    She outted herself, the post blocked out her handle/name. Until she rocked up, confirming it was her

... So that she could get attention and make a few bob for herself.

Social media influencers are so awful that I momentarily think - Jesus, maybe we didn't deserve the vote.

Way to go ladies.

That was the start of it shur..now look..

I hope these “influencers” disappear soon and take their grey on grey home decor themes with them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,420 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

She doesn’t even get that she’s admitting to a complete and utter lack of integrity throughout the video. “Give me a free room and I’ll write a glowing review”, followed by ‘people over 30 just don’t understand how modern business works’. I do understand how it works love, and you lack any credibility when you’ll promote everything and anything that’s given to you for free.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,048 ✭✭✭Rumpy Pumpy

She doesn’t strike me as the sharpest tool in the box.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

seamus wrote: »

Hang on a sec...

She wasn't a customer though. She was a wannabe freeloader.

Plus, he goes on the offensive against people that under normal circumstances would get abuse on here for the **** they pull and the one sided reviews they leave, don't think he just picks random customers and abuses them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,880 ✭✭✭RayCon

razorblunt wrote: »
    "I stayed at Universal Orlando last year and it's been amazing for them".

Wait, what?

I know ! There's me thinking Universal have seen an increase in visitor numbers because they pumped millions into buying the rights to develop a Harry Potter themed section in both of their Orlando parks .... but no, it was yer woman all along ... amazing.

• Registered Users Posts: 936 ✭✭✭Salvation Tambourine

At the end of the day social media is just another form of communication and a way of people to get exposure to try and earn a living. There's got to be something about the vloggers and YouTubers that people find interesting in order for them to make a living from it.

I went to school with one of the more well known social media stars, he was always entertaining and funny. He's now working occasionally working for RTE and seems to be doing well for himself. Without social media he'd probably have had to make tea for people in RTE for two years before working on News2Day for a few years and generally doing work that he wouldn't want to do.

However, because of social media people have notice his talent (charisma and making people smile I suppose is a talent) and he's jumped up a few steps of the ladder.

Apart from him I don't know of any of the other social media influencers because it doesn't interest me and therefore doesn't affect me.

Because it's a relatively recent development and more aimed towards younger people, there will always be skepticism from people who grew up familiar with different forms of media. I always wonder when television became more popular and therefore television personalities because more famous and popular, were the radio generation bemoaning their new found success?

*Edit* On the topic itself I really enjoyed his response to her and found her video (didn't watch til the end) to be hilarious. No self awareness at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,639 ✭✭✭andekwarhola

It goes without saying what I think of any 'social influencer' but this type of scenario where some hip, smug type so comprehensively shoots fish in a barrel online can easily backfire in terms of publicity.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,553 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Jesus it must have taken her hours to edit that video. There must be hundreds of jump cuts.

She could have gotten her point across in 5 minutes too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭donegaLroad

Nokotan wrote: »
    At the end of the day social media is just another form of communication and a way of people to get exposure to try and earn a living. There's got to be something about the vloggers and YouTubers that people find interesting in order for them to make a living from it.

I went to school with one of the more well known social media stars, he was always entertaining and funny. He's now working occasionally working for RTE and seems to be doing well for himself. Without social media he'd probably have had to make tea for people in RTE for two years before working on News2Day for a few years and generally doing work that he wouldn't want to do.

However, because of social media people have notice his talent (charisma and making people smile I suppose is a talent) and he's jumped up a few steps of the ladder.

Apart from him I don't know of any of the other social media influencers because it doesn't interest me and therefore doesn't affect me.

Because it's a relatively recent development and more aimed towards younger people, there will always be skepticism from people who grew up familiar with different forms of media. I always wonder when television became more popular and therefore television personalities because more famous and popular, were the radio generation bemoaning their new found success?

*Edit* On the topic itself I really enjoyed his response to her and found her video (didn't watch til the end) to be hilarious. No self awareness at all.

this is the positive side of it, genuinely talented people now have a stage, and a real opportunity. Social media is also invaluable means of advertising, there is too much spam though. You can reach a massive audience, but doing it in such a way that your profile and advertising looks classy.. and not spamming people, is important.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 468 ✭✭w/s/p/c/

I absolutely despise these "social influencers".  Generation entitlement who want everything handed to them for free. 

However I think Mr Whitemoose has some cheek in calling her a freeloader (which she is).  This is a guy who racked up a 3k phone bill using mobile data for his Snapchats when he went on his holidays last year and then proceeded to set up a go fund me page to ask his loyal followers to pay for it, as recording every second of his holiday for snapchat was for their entertainment.

Both as bad as each other

Mr E wrote: »
    Jesus it must have taken her hours to edit that video. There must be hundreds of jump cuts.

She could have gotten her point across in 5 minutes too.

The editing is mandatory on YouTube now..as is opening with 'Hi guys..', and excessive hand movements..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,977 ✭✭✭PandaPoo

I looked at her Instagram and I can't understand her hips. In some pics her leggings are see through and you can see she's wearing hip pads.
    On other pics girls are commenting "omg hip goals" with heart eye emojis.
    Hello? Just buy f*cking hip pads! Goal reached. She looks the same in every pic, make up way overboard and too much highlighter, body distorted into crazy positions to show off whatever it is she wants us to see/not see.

On topic, she changed her arm and it backfired. She obviously didn't realise who she was asking, sure he made a video last year taking the piss out of social media influencers. I watched half the video she made in response and I cringed a lot. She has such an inflated sense of importance, talking about how hard the job is and how hard it is to make videos with content people will watch.

F*ck off you fanny.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,901 ✭✭✭hynesie08

Nokotan wrote: »
    . I always wonder when television became more popular and therefore television personalities because more famous and popular, were the radio generation bemoaning their new found success?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭threein99

PandaPoo wrote: »
    I looked at her Instagram and I can't understand her hips. In some pics her leggings are see through and you can see she's wearing hip pads.
    On other pics girls are commenting "omg hip goals" with heart eye emojis.
    Hello? Just buy f*cking hip pads! Goal reached. She looks the same in every pic, make up way overboard and too much highlighter, body distorted into crazy positions to show off whatever it is she wants us to see/not see.

On topic, she changed her arm and it backfired. She obviously didn't realise who she was asking, sure he made a video last year taking the piss out of social media influencers. I watched half the video she made in response and I cringed a lot. She has such an inflated sense of importance, talking about how hard the job is and how hard it is to make videos with content people will watch.

F*ck off you fanny.

She has a point there, getting people to watch the utter sh1t she drones on about is tough

• Registered Users Posts: 43 daisyos1

...so the owner of the White Moose Cafe has taken on a self styled social influencer looking for freebies, and pretty much destroyed her.

Now I'm not a fan of all of his stunts, but think he certainly won this battle...though it doesn't look like he was up against much.

http://www.dailyedge.ie/white-moose-cafe-3801787-Jan2018/

I think he's brilliant, Paul says things online that we are all too afraid to say but we won't admit that either. He has a valid point in this case with the social influencer or whatever she is. The majority of people have to work Monday-Friday 9-5 sweating to make money to afford a night in a hotel. Why should she get it for free? I'm a normal full time working girl, if I stayed in his hotel I'd post pictures of it too just because I want to. However I wouldn't expect to get a night free because I done so.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,414 ✭✭✭✭Penn

I know nothing about the guy or his hotel o whatever, but he quite rightfully shut her down and I only wish more people would do the same thing. This girl and her ilk have such an inflated sense of self-importance and arrogance. If companies are stupid enough to give into that and give away free or discounted sh*t, that's their decision. It's a stupid one because I seriously doubt the type of people who watch Youtube videos of some nobody reviewing a hotel are the same type who could afford to stay there anyway so they're unlikely to translate into actual revenue.

But more companies need to straight up tell these "social media influencers" to f*ck off and pay for the item/service.

Her pitch was very unprofessional. No research done at all or convincing reasons to give her a freebie. And she was looking for FOUR NIGHTS! :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,239 ✭✭✭Jimbob1977

Social influencers should be forced to register like political lobbyists.

When the revolution comes, they can be rounded up easily

And forced to do a real day's work.... without access to social media. No trout pouts on my chain gang.

• Advertisement
Advertisement