Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DCC plan to take down Xmas Lights??

Options
  • 18-01-2018 1:30am
    Registered Users Posts: 10,710 ✭✭✭✭

So it's the 18 of January and O'Connell Street full of lights.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,637 ✭✭✭✭OldGoat

The main christmas lights are no longer part of the councils remit. They are put up by the local business.
    https://www.wearedublintown.ie/who-we-are/overview/

I'm older than Minecraft goats.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,786 ✭✭✭wakka12

I hate when the lights come down. Dublin looks so much better around christmas time

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭thereality

OldGoat wrote: »
    The main christmas lights are no longer part of the councils remit. They are put up by the local business.
    https://www.wearedublintown.ie/who-we-are/overview/

Considering a lot of businesses are not happy with Dublin Town. I can't imagine leaving the lights up so late will be doing them favours

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭thereality

Mr.S wrote: »
    Didn’t they recently vote in favor of keeping DublinTown going for another 5 years?

54% in favour and 46% against it. I would not call that a major victory

• Registered Users Posts: 10,710 ✭✭✭✭Jamie2k9

Was there tonight and forgot to look but think they are down or turned of.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 78,411 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Taking them down is likely down to the contractor. I doubt they were enthusiastic about taking them down with the high winds over the last 10 days.

I understand that light fittings were previously collectively owned / leased by the businesses on each street and the council was largely a facilitator.

Advertisement