Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Co-Op-Yo

Options
  • 18-01-2018 2:15am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭

Hey guys/gals

Looking for a good/fun Co-op game/s to play with my nephew, both of us sitting on the couch using the same screen type of co op, not over the interweb (for now).

I've tried the likes of Mario kart and i just rinse him, so its not fun for him or me, well for long anyways. I was gonna try a good beat em up (tekken/street fighter) but i know that would be similar. I'd like to keep away from sports games to as i hate them (Fifa etc) :D

Something action/adventurey, like both of us beating the crap out of the same bad guys ala streets of rage, smash tv

I have a PS4, PS3 and WiiU.

I've tried googling and it just keeps bringing up internet based multiplayer games :(

Any ideas? Cheers in advance

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,412 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Helldiver's or alienation maybe? Top down shooters, I think you can play both the way you want, also the new monster hunter game out next week might be up your alley.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,410 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Over cooked and lovers in a dangerous space time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

I'd second Overcooked. On sale until tomorrow on the PS store.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

http://www.co-optimus.com/games.php

Pick Local Coop and your system sort by rating.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

Cheers lads, ummm are these all on hard copies i can get a shop btw?

I don't do download copies if it can be avoided, i dont have good internet at the moment either, using my mobile as broadband lines arent installed on my street yet (new house) :(

Is Hyrule warriors shared screen multiplayer? a game like that would be ideal :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,412 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

nix wrote: »

I don't do download copies if it can be avoided, i dont have good internet at the moment either, using my mobile as broadband lines arent installed on my street yet (new house) :(

Is Hyrule warriors shared screen multiplayer? a game like that would be ideal :)

Not sure about alienation but you should be able to get a boxed copy of Helldiver's from somewhere like amazon, youll have to update the game though so may want to wait till you get your broadband sorted :\.

Overcooked is only about 500MB of a download and then it's offline play so that should be manageable enough

Overcooked looks really really boring, not my thing, so defo not the lil fellas thing

Things need to die! or get hurt! :P

Surely there is more co-op games than this? especially on the WiiU,

Dreamers link looks useful, ill sift through that later :D

Overcooked looks really really boring, not my thing, so defo not the lil fellas thing

Things need to die! or get hurt! :P -

I had the nephews (9 and 11) over last week who were looking down their nose at Overcooked when my daughters suggested a game of it. They ended playing it for hours and getting my brother (their father) to buy it for them when they got home. It's surprisingly addictive - don't let the cutesy graphics put you off.

Edit: I didn't mean to put the angry emoji at the top and I can't see any way of getting it off it now.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Things need to die! or get hurt! :P

Surely there is more co-op games than this? especially on the WiiU,

Dreamers link looks useful, ill sift through that later :D

Overccoked boring?! You haven't played it! Play it with your partner and see how far you can clear it, before words devorce, children custody and "you sleeping on the couch" will be mentioned!

If you still have ps3 and want good co op pew pew, then Army of Two is fantastic.

• Advertisement

Overccoked boring?! You haven't played it! Play it with your partner and see how far you can clear it, before words devorce, children custody and "you sleeping on the couch" will be mentioned!

If you still have ps3 and want good co op pew pew, then Army of Two is fantastic.

Oh im not disputing fun can be found in it, im saying in terms of the types of games i play, a cooking game is boring to me.. sorry! :(

Oh im not disputing fun can be found in it, im saying in terms of the types of games i play, a cooking game is boring to me.. sorry! :(

I wouldn't look at it as cooking game, I would look at it as a game that forces you to cooperation and thinking on the fly. Always thinking outside the box. First game co op game where I actually needed to communicate a lot with fellow players, instead doing my own thing.

I already own it on ps4 and switch. I will be getting it on xbox one too as I got 4 controllers for it. Its damn fantastic.

As for more good co op games: ps3 Twisted Metal. Very good.

Try Portal Knights good fun and split screen coop.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

Castle Crashers should be on your list, it's a lot of fun. I'm also another +1 for Overcooked.

Twisted metal is a great idea, i loved that on the PS2/PSX, but im thinking it may not be suitable for an 8-year old?

Portal knights looks aight, looks very grindy though, looking for more of a pick up and play game though :o

Castle crashers looks fun, looks to be download only though :o

Is there any games like streets of rage, double dragons or the bouncer out there?

Turtles in time?!?! :eek::D

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

Ah feck, yea, it's a digital-only game, was a flash game initially I think. I can't imagine it's more than a couple of gigs of a download even if you had to take it down via your phone. Here's hoping you can get some proper tubes up in the house soon :)

Diablo 3 could be option too, if not too scary for young fella or too complicated.

Does that have a shared screen option?

From what ive played it was never an option, but i never touched console Diablo :P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,112 ✭✭✭Sparko

What about something from the Lego range, huge range of games like Star Wars, Marvel, Lord of the Rings, all have decent co-op.

Does that have a shared screen option?

From what ive played it was never an option, but i never touched console Diablo :P

You can play up to 4 players on console diablo. It zooms put the further you get from each other, works great.

As mentioned before, lego games are great for co op. Could try that lego undercover game.

• Advertisement

You can play up to 4 players on console diablo. It zooms put the further you get from each other, works great.

As mentioned before, lego games are great for co op. Could try that lego undercover game.

really? feck, that might be great.

shame for me ive played diablo 3 to death

Hehe is 8 to young for diablo? :pac:

its only gorey really, and at the scale of it, its not in your face or stand out noticeable... am i crazy and making excuses? Keep in mind the lil nipper has sat through band of brothers tv show :pac:
    Sparko wrote: »
    What about something from the Lego range, huge range of games like Star Wars, Marvel, Lord of the Rings, all have decent co-op.

Yeah i had thought of it, problem is im not too keen on them for myself, id say he will like it, which would be the top drawer ps3/ps4 lego games?

Tbh you sound more picky than he does :D

use Cooptimus and pick one from that

• Registered Users Posts: 2,112 ✭✭✭Sparko

Yeah i had thought of it, problem is im not too keen on them for myself, id say he will like it, which would be the top drawer ps3/ps4 lego games?

In my eyes it'd be Lego Marvel Super Heroes. I like Marvel though so that definitely helps.

It's available for PS3, PS4 and Wii U.

Advertisement